Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
12/19/23 8:21 a.m.

Yesterday I was scrolling Marketplace (I just got my Xmas bonus, and w/ some savings I started feeling the itch again).  Really just looking at the current state of MR2's and Miata's, something under $10k.  The 944 hasn't been a pain in the checkbook lately so it's safe for now.

A really nice Lotus Elise popped up, not far away.  Out of my $$ but I noticed it was listed by a dealership.  I half joking half serious asked if they would be interested in a 944 turbo and cash for a trade?  Last night I got a reply that yes they were interested, and asked for the VIN/mileage and contact info...

2005 Elise

I just looked up the dealership, they seem legit w/ a healthy inventory.  Anyone know this place?

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
12/19/23 8:28 a.m.

I know where it is. I know some people that know them better and say they're pretty decent. Considered applying for an open position they have personally. 

Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
12/19/23 9:17 a.m.

I just shared the listing to a local SCCA guy that knows Elise's pretty well (pretty much just rebuilt one and did a K swap also), he said they're legit and good to work with.

Well E36 M3.

STM317
STM317 PowerDork
12/19/23 9:44 a.m.

No personal experience, but they used ot host the local Cars and Coffee gatherings. The venue quickly became too small, but they don't seem like slimeballs from the outside.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UltimaDork
12/19/23 9:57 a.m.
Jerry said:

I just shared the listing to a local SCCA guy that knows Elise's pretty well (pretty much just rebuilt one and did a K swap also), he said they're legit and good to work with.

Well E36 M3.

Merry Christmas, my guy!

cyow5
cyow5 Reader
12/19/23 10:47 a.m.

No firsthand experience, but they have a strong reputation in the Lotus community. 

Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
12/19/23 11:47 a.m.
cyow5 said:

No firsthand experience, but they have a strong reputation in the Lotus community. 

This makes me happy.  And scared.  We've been conversing through Messenger.  I'm off all next week.  This could be interesting (the person I've been chatting with said he's personally interested in 944's so there's that.)

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
12/19/23 12:06 p.m.

In reply to Jerry :

Well, when you come to pick it up I'm 10 blocks north. We can meet up for lunch!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
u2PRUyd0mzA6z0RjuUk3kjKzhH1iB4UciJ2FKUpYiz8FbpJoAJ6MLXDZ4JEUqDA4