1 2
paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 SuperDork
2/6/17 9:44 p.m.
RealMiniParker wrote:
akylekoz wrote: I'll take the Michigan leg...
I'll hand it off to you, through Wisconsin...

Via the U.P.? I'd be down for that.

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand UberDork
2/7/17 1:25 p.m.

I definitely didnt expect that much of a response! Thanks everyone.

ok, so.... Looking at the map, we're doing better than expected. In fact, if we took a diagonal route the path is almost completely spoken for:

We have several people in Ted Bundy willing to make a jump, and to the south we have one hipster.

From there we have a large gap between the hipsters and Boxhead there in "Gambling Addiction" but maybe we can fill that in later or just stall until one of the parties needs an excuse to make a trip to vegas.

Another large gap between Gambling Addiction and Heights/Scorpions but I saw two people speak for those areas so that takes care of a VERY difficult region (thank you ). From there it's just getting the car through west Killer Bees, and into the hands of people in Austin, Killer Bees.

Wow....

This is actually going to happen

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/7/17 2:09 p.m.

In reply to Hungary Bill:

One hipster?! That's rough

Hungary Bill
2/7/17 3:10 p.m.

In reply to thatsnowinnebago:

Face of Boe said: But know this... you are not alone.

There is another that may be called into action if needed. A fellow Italian car enthusiast, and mad scientist.

Hard at work in the lab is he, a wizard among mortals. Yesterday we've heard reports he has successfully tested a distributor by hand on his MS3/MSD6al. We in the community sense he may be on the verge of starting something great. (By "great" I mean a Lamborghini Jalpa, and by "starting" I mean turning the key with the intent of hearing the engine run). So important is his work, that no power in the verse may stop it.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltimaDork
2/7/17 3:12 p.m.

If it's in Michigan at the end of Summer (so the slowest transport ever) I can get it from Michigan back to Texas.

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/7/17 3:38 p.m.

1. Either you're a wizard or a great guesser because you just nailed my first name.

2. I just realized I feigned offense at the hipster label while wearing a flannel and cuffed jeans. Ruh roh

grover
grover GRM+ Memberand New Reader
2/7/17 6:15 p.m.

Happy to introduce it to miami and possibly sebring.

Fitzauto
Fitzauto Dork
2/7/17 6:18 p.m.

Id be happy to drive it around Oklahoma for awhile

NoBrakesRacing
NoBrakesRacing Reader
2/7/17 10:34 p.m.

If it comes through Dallas area instead of Amarillo, I can take it downhill to Austin. Have family there.

snailmont5oh
snailmont5oh Reader
2/8/17 1:53 a.m.

"No power in the verse"?

You've been watching too much Firefly.

akylekoz
akylekoz Reader
2/8/17 5:11 a.m.
paranoid_android74 wrote:
RealMiniParker wrote:
akylekoz wrote: I'll take the Michigan leg...
I'll hand it off to you, through Wisconsin...
Via the U.P.? I'd be down for that.

I can handle from the bridge to GR or past.

akylekoz
akylekoz Reader
2/8/17 5:26 a.m.
Brokeback wrote: I'll help out in the New Mexico/Arizona area, and maybe pass it off to icaneat50eggs? I think this should become a thing for the forum - enabling questionable vehicle purchases without letting that whole 2000 mile thing get in the way if you happen to find something on the other coast.

I really like this idea, It has already been used with success delivering some seats to Michigan from Cincinnati.

On the other hand...Tooo Scary

icaneat50eggs
icaneat50eggs Dork
2/8/17 6:06 a.m.

In reply to akylekoz:

Scary as in picking up avquestionably toad worthy car you know nothing about that has virtually no parts available

Or scary as in meeting random people in a Walmart parking lot could go poorly

Or scary as in turning over your beloved car to total strangers and hope it shows up on the other end?

Kia_Racer
Kia_Racer SuperDork
2/8/17 6:18 a.m.

Also in the Dallas/Ft.Worth area. Could take it down to Austin if it arrives before or after the first two weeks in July.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/8/17 7:03 a.m.
Woody wrote: I can handle Connecticut, and I'll even throw in a few laps around Lime Rock for good measure.

I would then gladly take it to NHIS for a test and tune day to, you know, make sure it is running well. Then deliver it to say Watkins Glen where further testing may be needed.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
2/8/17 7:48 a.m.

Ill do north Carolina if were going around the world.

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit GRM+ Memberand UberDork
2/8/17 8:03 a.m.

I can give Evan a hand through Ohio. Though it may be cheating a little since I DD one for 6 years or so.

Hungary Bill
2/8/17 8:04 a.m.
icaneat50eggs wrote: In reply to akylekoz: Scary as in picking up avquestionably toad worthy car you know nothing about that has virtually no parts available Or scary as in meeting random people in a Walmart parking lot could go poorly Or scary as in turning over your beloved car to total strangers and hope it shows up on the other end?

D) all of the above

If the make and model scares ya, wait till I show you what it looks like!

I can't believe you guys are actually crazy enough... er, uh... WILLING to do this! Honestly, this thread has way more interest than I thought it would.

I've got a lot of work to finish up (obviously) but I'll post an official "Oh good god, here we go" thread closer to the do or die date. with any luck she'll have paint, and I'll have enough time for a good shakedown before she's off and running.

Estimated start date is April first (no joke, but fitting isn't it?). Thanks everyone and don't forget to mark your calendars

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 SuperDork
2/8/17 9:09 a.m.
Hungary Bill wrote: I definitely didnt expect that much of a response! Thanks everyone. ok, so.... Looking at the map, we're doing better than expected. In fact, if we took a diagonal route the path is almost completely spoken for: We have several people in Ted Bundy willing to make a jump, and to the south we have one hipster. From there we have a large gap between the hipsters and Boxhead there in "Gambling Addiction" but maybe we can fill that in later or just stall until one of the parties needs an excuse to make a trip to vegas. Another large gap between Gambling Addiction and Heights/Scorpions but I saw two people speak for those areas so that takes care of a VERY difficult region (thank you ). From there it's just getting the car through west Killer Bees, and into the hands of people in Austin, Killer Bees. Wow.... This is actually going to happen

You know on that map "ghost towns" should actually be "potholes".

Hungary Bill
2/8/17 10:51 a.m.
thatsnowinnebago wrote: In reply to Hungary Bill: 1. Either you're a wizard or a great guesser because you just nailed my first name.

Man, I'd love to play it off as "yeah, I'm that good" but really I was just trying to throw as many nerd references into one post as I could. Dr. Who, Firefly, and Monty Python. Since "wizard" was mentioned, I figured a picture of "Tim" fit the bill

Good times

appliance_racer
appliance_racer New Reader
2/8/17 11:03 a.m.

Make it two people in the land of Hurricanes. Down here he can occasionally do aerodynamic testing without a wind tunnel.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
quXBsqn7ECRkSn9hF3iym9BHoD9qfIBByAzBg97IXQguWgmHTWtZHusga2wLPdrN