1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10
FlightService
FlightService SuperDork
3/1/12 6:15 p.m.
Javelin wrote: In reply to Maroon92: I agree with you, I think 911's are butt ugly. That said, the 993 is pretty and is in there somewhere. I fully don't expect any of the others to stay, except maybe the 65, but it'll be at the bottom. The 904 and 951 are holding strong. I have no idea how the 959 even got nominated...

I think 959 is reaching cobra status, so ugly it is beautiful.

for the record, I think the E type is right where it needs to be. I think that car is stunning. If not #1 the top ten at least

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
3/1/12 6:21 p.m.
Javelin wrote: In reply to Maroon92: I have no idea how the 959 even got nominated...

I don't either.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/1/12 6:37 p.m.

97!!!!

Comments?

93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
3/1/12 6:59 p.m.

Isn't that '49 Merc modified?

The Aston Martin V12 Zagato may be one of the 3 ugliest cars Aston Martin has ever produced. The Evora needs to need to nearer the bottom of the list. The AMX is a cool car but not really that pretty. Also get rid of all the Porsches minus the 904 and Carrera GT. The Cuda should be on there but this one not the one there right now (I hate the grill on that one).

The Avanti is ungodly ugly. The Dodge Charger (66-67) is ugly too. The RS200 is an amazing car but there are too many vents and things poking out for it to be beautiful. The GTO is just boring to look at. Also the Shelby, 900, Skyline, Corrado. Also the Spitfire and MGA better move up near the top half!

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
3/1/12 7:02 p.m.

3 comments.

Don't mix 996 with 997. 996 doesn't belong, but 997 does. Also, I would probably mix Boxster and Cayman into one.

I also think there are too many generations of Mustang and Camaro.

I also despise the Corvette split window. I've never understood the fascination with that car.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
3/1/12 7:05 p.m.

Also Toyota Celica

Best looking car the Japanese ever did.

JFX001
JFX001 SuperDork
3/1/12 7:08 p.m.

The RS 200 (my pick) is on here, mainly because it is one of the true homologated versions of a race car (the '65 Shelby GT350 is similar). Looks being subjective, I think that it's beautiful.

Jay
Jay SuperDork
3/1/12 7:18 p.m.

Not a single French car? I would definitely place the Alpine A110 (which totally was a road car, it just happened to be raced very successfully as well) and the Citroen DS on the list. Both very futuristic designs for their time and very advanced engineering-wise as well.

JamesMcD
JamesMcD Reader
3/1/12 7:24 p.m.

Has anyone suggested the Maserati Khamsin?

Vigo
Vigo SuperDork
3/1/12 7:24 p.m.
Hey, I think the Charger was the best looking domestic car of the 80s.

I readily acknowledge that almost noone in this thread wants to think or talk about 1980s FWD dodges, but i actually am close to agreeing with you on that one. I honestly think a lot of badass looking cars came out of the 80s and the properly-spec'd 2dr l-body (charger, turismo, glhs, o24, etc) was one of them.

I dont know if i would call it the coolest-looking 80s domestic. But stylistically i think the basic shapes are better than some other 80s domestic heros like GNX, TTA, or certainly ANY C4..

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 Reader
3/1/12 7:26 p.m.
FlightService wrote: How about I list what I think should NOT be on that list #64 Shelby GLHS/Dodge Omni with Rampage grill these 13 cars show that they have no idea WTF they are doing.

That car is a stock 1987 Shelby GLHS based off the Shelby Charger not the rampage nor the omni and your opinion sucks

93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
3/1/12 7:30 p.m.
Jay wrote: Not a single French car? I would definitely place the Alpine A110 (which totally was a road car, it just happened to be raced very successfully as well) and the Citroen DS on the list. Both very futuristic designs for their time and very advanced engineering-wise as well.

Yes one the first and the DS is just ugly.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/1/12 7:32 p.m.

The DS is one of the top most beautiful cars.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
3/1/12 7:49 p.m.
EvanB wrote: The DS is one of the top most beautiful cars.

How the green house is too big? The headlights aren't right. The rear end is very droopy.

FlightService
FlightService SuperDork
3/1/12 7:53 p.m.
moparman76_69 wrote:
FlightService wrote: How about I list what I think should NOT be on that list #64 Shelby GLHS/Dodge Omni with Rampage grill these 13 cars show that they have no idea WTF they are doing.
That car is a stock 1987 Shelby GLHS based off the Shelby Charger not the rampage nor the omni and your opinion sucks

That's ok, most the world agrees with me and your K car body kit is hideous. I apologize to all the Omni fans out there.

Now shouldn't you be trying to locate another transmission for your Caravan Avatar

Jay
Jay SuperDork
3/1/12 8:00 p.m.
93EXCivic wrote: How the green house is too big? The headlights aren't right. The rear end is very droopy.

Heh, I personally like the Citroen XM better than the DS but I figured that one wouldn't fly with the "it CAN'T be beautiful if it doesn't have any curves!!!!" crowd so I nominated the DS instead.

The problem with the DS is I have never found a single photo that does it justice. It's a really complex design that just doesn't translate when squashed into 2D. In a pic there's always a line or detail that just looks off but in person it totally works. Very strange yet very cool car.

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
3/1/12 8:33 p.m.
93EXCivic wrote: Also Toyota Celica Best looking car the Japanese ever did.

sanman
sanman Reader
3/2/12 1:18 a.m.

Hmm... I have a few: Ferrari California

Eagle E type

FD rx7

sw20 mr2

wrek496
wrek496 New Reader
3/2/12 5:23 a.m.

+1 on the montreal, dino, 355, Stratos, giula GTA, FD. A huge -1 on the ds, (one of the ugliest cars ever!) Avanti just no, sorry. Waayy too many Porsches. OP said cars you'd have on the wall so Countach+1. Recent GTO is also a no. 67 charger no. Add a V8 Vantage and a Pantera.

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
3/2/12 5:51 a.m.
wrek496 wrote: Add a V12 Vantage and a Pantera.

FTFY!

bravenrace
bravenrace SuperDork
3/2/12 7:30 a.m.

In reply to Javelin:

I have no problem with not including race cars. But not including street cars because they were made in low numbers makes no sense to me. What does that have to do with beauty?

Moparman
Moparman HalfDork
3/2/12 8:00 a.m.

In reply to Joe Gearin:

Growing up in Brooklyn in the 1970s its eemed like every mobtser's son had a Black Trans Am. In the 80s the switched to Monte Carlos with boomerang antennae. Of course, there was the obligatory "mafia staff car" decal on the side window.

Moparman
Moparman HalfDork
3/2/12 8:00 a.m.

In reply to Maroon92:

I like the fastback version a little better.

bravenrace
bravenrace SuperDork
3/2/12 8:10 a.m.

In reply to sanman:

Did you miss the part about "stock"?

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
3/2/12 9:01 a.m.
Moparman wrote: In reply to Joe Gearin: Growing up in Brooklyn in the 1970s its eemed like every mobtser's son had a Black Trans Am. In the 80s the switched to Monte Carlos with boomerang antennae. Of course, there was the obligatory "mafia staff car" decal on the side window.

I thought they all graduated into IROC Zs. I know all the guido's outside of Chicago did.

1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
i1tM9fS0nNcvUW5H65zv6A4vxUKqjgDX4UYoEChcypJGoEL5BSbXOtRlROZYafGs