slowcamaro
slowcamaro New Reader
8/31/08 3:52 p.m.

First let me make note that im not a honda kid so my understanding of this topic is very basic.

My friend has an civic (EJ?) and has recently swapped in an h22a (JDM YO!). Well any how he went from the 1.6 auto to a h22a/5speed. But being the crafty (cheap) son of a b*tch that he decided to butcher the stock(the d16?) engine wiring harness instead of getting one with the h22a.

Well after much messing around and not being able to obtain a decent idle. I think ive finally convinced him to purachse a correct wiring harness for the engine, so at the very least all of the sensors are plugged in to something.

Now the question. I'm not sure where to find the correct harness. Im not 100% on the year, I was told either 94-95. Is there a USDM harness that will interchange with the JDM engine and various sensors and emissions equipment or is he stuck with needing a JDM harness. Would a prelude type S engine have the correct harness?

Basically, what is the correct harness and where can I source one. What is the going rate?

integraguy
integraguy Reader
9/1/08 12:04 p.m.

contact www.Hasport.com they MIGHT be able to help....but I doubt it. These folks sell engine/tranny mounts AND wiring harnesses that help you swap engines from one model Civic and/or Accord to another. They aren't magicians, so they may not be able to un-do your friend's "hack job" on the wiring harness.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Qalcz5ojkGqVikhfBpM2GE6O0hpBtyIPHgwMseTQUeWrwnGxtb9X5cMB8YjreqkG