1 2
icaneat50eggs
icaneat50eggs Reader
5/7/13 5:19 p.m.

They quoted my dads s2000, I'll ask if be told them about the autocross

FranktheTank
FranktheTank Reader
5/8/13 3:49 p.m.

I did not mention drag racing... No ins in the world covers drag racing so why would I need to mention it? I only want their coverage when I'm on the road.

Saying I drag race would just make them think I'm actually going to beat on my classic.... Therefore I'm a liability. Which I'm not.

yamaha
yamaha UltraDork
5/8/13 3:56 p.m.

In reply to FranktheTank:

This, you only want coverage for when its stored or driving to and from events. They don't need to know what or where the event is. Period.

On that side note, Hagerty quoted me $291/yr for the 77 bmw and 63 IH.....and they're both claimed value of 5x what I paid for them.....

icaneat50eggs
icaneat50eggs Reader
5/8/13 4:04 p.m.

I Called back today and talked to a manager to get some answers

1. They will cover a vehicle that participates in racing or autocross (not during the event itself ) if your state allows them to include a competition waiver

They will not cover a car if you tell them you are using it for hpde, track days, or anything else on a track that isn't a competition.

They told me no yesterday because the lady messed up and wrote down I have 650 hp

Cotton
Cotton SuperDork
5/8/13 5:12 p.m.

We insure quite a few vehicles, so I checked with both Hagerty and Grundy, unfortunately neither beat the price of our local Shelter agent. We have regular insurance on the DDs and non classics, then agreed upon value for the limited use cars. What I'm getting at is both companies are great, but don't rule out your local provider.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
HzfokIPwvEchGgaQa10iMRRESpLNAev2sq2HYEYei1qgAZt8JQpa7MBEf23j1aYI