1 2 3 4
Vigo
Vigo UltimaDork
9/2/17 7:02 p.m.
I wonder how much gas is used looking for gas ?

How about idling in line at the gas station because it's still 95F outside and AC is life?

Here in San Antonio most gas stations are deserted with no gas and the ones that do have gas have lines onto the street. It hasn't been a real problem for me yet. Which means i haven't even begun resorting to siphoning gas out of any of the multitude of cars i have sitting around which i don't currently drive.

ChrisR
ChrisR New Reader
9/2/17 7:06 p.m.

I drove by the same station and it's 3.53 now. Don't know what the other stations are charging as that's the only station I pass on the way to the grocery store.

GSmith
GSmith HalfDork
9/3/17 12:22 a.m.
RevRico wrote: At least it will be temporary for everyone else. There's talk of yet another $0.50/gallon state tax increase here in PA to attempt to balance the state budget. Because when you pay the most gas tax in the country, dammit you need the record high gas tax.

Which means sales in counties near the state border will continue to drop. I mostly drive in MD - gas in VA and occasionally MD is much cheaper and I'm generally on their roads.

Vigo
Vigo UltimaDork
9/4/17 7:21 p.m.

I've seen 2.39-2.59 for the most part. I think it's really ironic that even the part of the country that was DIRECTLY AFFECTED by the hurricane still has cheaper gas than the rest of the country that had E36 M3 to do with it.

trucke
trucke SuperDork
9/5/17 10:34 a.m.

Drove the FX16 to work today because it has a full tank.  Hopefully we can start filling the other cars later in the week as the Colonial Pipeline starts up and tankers can deliver locally.  Got the 5 gallon can full just in case.  That's should get me to work for a couple of days.

Two_Tools_In_a_Tent
Two_Tools_In_a_Tent Reader
9/5/17 10:49 a.m.

Price is expected to really skyrocket very soon. The storm and flooding were just the trigger point, reserves are drawn down, production is evidently down because of repairs taking place with North Sea oil rigs, defered maintainance had already begun else where. Loads of current info on the web, looks like we were situated for all of this long before the storm set things in accelerated motion. The big plus side around here is the already noticeable lack of beheamoths crowding the parking lots and down town. Looks like all of the large pick up truck owners are taking the wife's car to the market. Nice !

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
MJq7V1svlsJisJYRE9jxgv5e9QePluRV1b0luoSoYAcCrsWdUQ0yjL89a1VMU5t5