Msterbee
Msterbee Reader
2/19/24 9:01 a.m.

How are you all keeping track of your track day data in 2024? Lap times, car setup, checklists... all of it.  When I raced in the 90's it was all paper based sheets.  I've done a few track days in recent years and used Track Addict to record video and lap data but wasn't taking it seriously enough to bother with anything else.  That changes this year.  I'm curious if people have mostly moved to digital tools for this or are you still using some paper sheets for setup and checklists?  

akylekoz
akylekoz UltraDork
2/19/24 10:24 a.m.

I use a combination of screen shots from my phone which is my timing device and a notebook in my gear tote.  Most important to me is to jot notes down right away before they get blurred into the day.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/19/24 6:33 p.m.

In the 86 I'm still on TrackAddict, almost got a used Race Capture box for it but had to rein in the budget so I got a good deal on a 10Hz GPS to use with TrackAddict instead. On the AE92 I have a launch-edition RCP Mk1 I've been happy with.

Edit: For car setup I have text files on my phone & laptop, I use paper sheets on a clipboard for recording tire temperatures.

Tom1200
Tom1200 PowerDork
2/19/24 9:54 p.m.

I use TrackAddict on a very basic level.

It helped me with my decision to go to a lower final drive.

ralleah
ralleah PowerDork
2/20/24 3:50 p.m.

subscribing

pinchvalve (Forum Supporter)
pinchvalve (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/20/24 4:34 p.m.

I use Track Addict and Race Render, with a VeePeak OBDII unit and a DUAL GPS unit. I can run a GoPro, but I found that it often crapped out just as I was leaving the grid or stopped working in the middle of a session. Instead, I use a good mount for my phone and just use the built-in camera of the Galaxy S22. I find that having the whole screen mounted to the windshield is easier to use anyway. I only run Test N Tunes and autocross, so my primary goal is to record lap times and have video to share to the interwebz.  It can do comparisons and traces and such, but not as easily or as detailed as other setups from what I've seen. Still, its pretty good for what it is. 

APEowner
APEowner GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/20/24 4:58 p.m.

I'm still using TraqMates for data acquisition so I use Traqview for analysis. 

For setup info and general session notes I use paper intercomp setup sheets (I buy them in pads of 50) for my baseline setups. 

At the track I use Stock Car Stats Pro to keep track of what tires I'm running, tire temps and pressures, session notes and any changes I make from baseline.  It's designed for stock cars but with some accommodations it can be used for road racing.

Andy Hollis
Andy Hollis
2/20/24 9:05 p.m.

I write most of mine into stories for GRM and they store the data for me on the web site and put a paper copy in my mailbox.  devil

Msterbee
Msterbee Reader
2/22/24 10:39 p.m.
Andy Hollis said:

I write most of mine into stories for GRM and they store the data for me on the web site and put a paper copy in my mailbox.  devil

laugh

Msterbee
Msterbee Reader
2/22/24 10:40 p.m.

Anyone have setup sheets to share with the class or sources for commercially available ones?  I know about the intercomp and Longacre ones. 

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/22/24 10:55 p.m.

In terms of video I use GoPro2s (edit: more recently with external lapel mics strapped to a headrest post) and RaceRender, on the 86 it just takes data from TrackAddict (although the OpenFlash tablet has some data logging capability, I haven't tried it, TrackAddict can log engine data via OBD2 and I use a few channels but bandwidth is severely limited), on the AE92 it takes data from the RCP and the MS3X's logs. A couple examples:

Edit: For sheets I just use monochrome-ized Longacre sheets (available free online). Strictly for recording tire temps & pressures because handling the clipboard is easier than a phone while running around with temp & pressure gauges.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
K2V5ZmZF7Ln00nxE0FxbhdyWIgRK65g6SEeaEJ4T8nrtIV86eho8CQKjlvg98oOj