JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
9/5/24 10:25 a.m.

Aside from the spectacle and excitement of the race itself, my favorite part of my semi-annual trip to the Nürburgring 24 Hours is the week after. Since I’m already in a beautiful foreign country, I usually take the week off, bring my wife over for some R&R, and see the sights a bit.

And, of course, I always get …

Read the rest of the story

J.A. Ackley
J.A. Ackley Senior Editor
9/5/24 12:07 p.m.

Actions do speak louder than words. Interesting insight. I'll admittedly be a bit more self-conscious with an instructor around. laugh

WonkoTheSane
WonkoTheSane GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/5/24 1:18 p.m.

Let me know when you make that shirt, because I NEED one as well!

Great article!

DavyZ
DavyZ Reader
9/5/24 3:15 p.m.

LOL, awesome quote!  

Tom1200
Tom1200 PowerDork
9/5/24 4:31 p.m.

I pretty much already do this.

I do ask what experience someone has and then watch what they do for the first few corners.

I think it's important to ask about experience because sometimes you get very experience people who have terrible habits. It's often an indicator that they haven't been listening to their instructor.

DWNSHFT
DWNSHFT Dork
9/5/24 10:06 p.m.

1.  Hands should be smooth until counter-steer is necessary, then fast.

2.  How far ahead do they look, judged by how much later they react to something I see.

StuntmanMike
StuntmanMike Reader
9/12/24 2:27 p.m.

While a novice usually slows more than necessary, its also a sign of being cautious. What is difficult to assess before its too late is if they SHOULD slow more but are just barreling into a turn blindly because they know thats what fast drivers do. This is the biggest thing that scares me first time riding with a new student is if their skill matches their speed because some want to be Mario right out the gate.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wBJiJHVP5nRm9xn1QDT27fo5ev90Z8jtebQVVLpWINa39cnxrUhalQBOslWoLA7p