1 2
Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/13/21 2:25 p.m.

Too bad more companies don't have guts to put color in their paint.

jb229
jb229 New Reader
7/13/21 2:25 p.m.

In reply to ProDarwin :

It is a bit strange that they didn't just import the equivalent i series hatchback that they sell in the rest of the world.

The Veloster looks better though.

accordionfolder
accordionfolder SuperDork
7/13/21 2:52 p.m.

And I'm just sitting here and waiting for the mid-engine RWD N-car they promised me. 

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito PowerDork
7/14/21 10:43 a.m.

I've read reports that the new Elantra also gets an N variant soon (not to be confused with a N-Line which also exists).

Gone is the manual trans, unfortunately. They do get the new wet clutch DCT, though. But no manual makes me sad.

EDIT: That news outlet that said the manual was gone was wrong. There WILL be a 6-speed manual offered. Nice.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
7/14/21 10:51 a.m.
pres589 (djronnebaum)
pres589 (djronnebaum) UltimaDork
7/14/21 11:10 a.m.

i30 N with a manual trans, please.  Veloster just seemed like a bunch of odd compromises leading to a less than great car.  Odd for oddness sake, but odd conceived by committee.  

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito PowerDork
7/14/21 12:00 p.m.

In reply to bobzilla :

Yep, I was wrong with the no manual thing. That site I got the info from (a clickbaity car site that came up on my phone's news app) said DCT only. Dead wrong.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
7/14/21 12:05 p.m.

Question RE: Veloster compromises.  Perhaps I am not seeing them because I had one so I am blind to them, but what are the compromises it has vs. the I30, aside from the lack of a 4th door?

Opti
Opti Dork
7/14/21 2:45 p.m.

In reply to pointofdeparture :

I was just thinking this. I like the second gen veloster more than the early ones because they look more sedated to me. Elantra N would be great. Looks like a Korean GTi

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
7/14/21 3:31 p.m.
Tony Sestito said:

In reply to bobzilla :

Yep, I was wrong with the no manual thing. That site I got the info from (a clickbaity car site that came up on my phone's news app) said DCT only. Dead wrong.

and as you can imagine I am frothing at the mouth right now. 

Derick Freese
Derick Freese UltraDork
7/19/21 11:03 a.m.
ProDarwin said:

Question RE: Veloster compromises.  Perhaps I am not seeing them because I had one so I am blind to them, but what are the compromises it has vs. the I30, aside from the lack of a 4th door?

My wife has a '17 Veloster, I have a '13 Elantra GT. That's pretty much the biggest difference. The EGT has a lower hatch opening and the second door on the driver's side. I do prefer her Veloster to my EGT, but I think I can fix my gripes about my car with Veloster parts.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
MN0SjLK5CSQSfdWqJSbiuNnm8YulANh4eimK6QpXjU75nrDfmb2CDY40lAtkbs8b