nistec
nistec New Reader
2/17/11 8:32 p.m.

Up here in the north, we have to find ways to amuse ourselves during the long winter months, check this out.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRqkkr7aOrs This was taken from our car last Sunday, our club is here http://www.iceracingthunderbay.com/ Our car is a 92 civic SI running in studded class, speeds at the fastest part of the track hit 75 mph. Exciting to say the least.

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte Reader
2/17/11 8:41 p.m.

Does napa sponsor canoes on thunder bay? My eyes are burning

Zomby woof
Zomby woof Dork
2/17/11 8:54 p.m.
TRoglodyte wrote: Does napa sponsor canoes on thunder bay? My eyes are burning

Derick Freese
Derick Freese Dork
2/17/11 9:58 p.m.

Hey, the place with the call center for that ISP that I can't mention! I worked for another company that provided support for that same ISP

At least TBAY has ice racing.

nistec
nistec New Reader
2/18/11 5:24 a.m.

In reply to Derick Freese:

I realize my number of posts don't count in the thousands, and my simple post isn't exciting to read, I just thought someone may enjoy the in car footage of our iceracing. We don,t canoe on frozen lakes we just race on them.

Raze
Raze Dork
2/18/11 5:30 a.m.
nistec wrote: In reply to Derick Freese: I realize my number of posts don't count in the thousands, and my simple post isn't exciting to read, I just thought someone may enjoy the in car footage of our iceracing. We don,t canoe on frozen lakes we just race on them.

OOOOOOOH SICK BURN!

iceracer
iceracer Dork
2/18/11 9:39 a.m.

All systems are Go for the Lake George Race this weekend. Feb 19-20. In upstate NY. www.icerace.com

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
2/18/11 12:27 p.m.

I used to run a SAAB 96 icer. What a hoot! After a few years of laying on ice to fix a car, cutting my fingers up and not knowing it because it was so stinkin' cold, then when a crowd shows up and the ice sinks a bit, you're laying in an inch of wicked cold water; too old.

I'll have a beer at the awards ceremony.

Nice photos Nistec. However not nice enough to make me build a car.

Dan

iceracer
iceracer Dork
2/18/11 5:38 p.m.

Like most racing,things have changed since the '96 days. Many have enclosed trailer, most others have open trailers. There are heaters to get warm, welders and generators are common.

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte Reader
2/18/11 6:48 p.m.

Sorry about the canoe comment, I missed the TBAC logo. Ice racing motorcycles always looked like a good way to rearrange your facial features back in the sixties. Thanks for the pictures!

bruceman
bruceman Reader
2/18/11 7:22 p.m.

awesome good video, good sound and picture quality. Love the 1st gen Rx7 action

DaveEstey
DaveEstey HalfDork
2/18/11 7:29 p.m.

Even in NH people look at me funny when I say Ice racing is a hoot.

nistec
nistec New Reader
2/21/11 1:12 p.m.

Just an update, the season ended this weekend with 5 races and a 50 minute enduro, we dominated the weekend and accumulated enough points to take the season championship. Now to plan for next year.

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla New Reader
2/21/11 1:18 p.m.

Congrats on the season,we have 1 more weekend left here(land based series in Minden Ontario).

I'd say plans for next year should include slightly stiffer springs.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZvUiuCzNoynjGE2zxufnRMTVRoZe44GXkKD3D7QglhqvhvlBHqPU7j0Q0bZqQpTu