1 ... 5 6 7
TIGMOTORSPORTS
TIGMOTORSPORTS Reader
5/13/14 6:20 p.m.
Petrolburner wrote: Up until now, I've had pretty much nothing to add to this thread other than the standard DO IT! encouragement. But tonight I gained some very important experience. It all started a little over a week ago. I was at a gas station near PIR filling up on the non-ethanol good stuff in preparation for my first track day. A nicely dressed man comes up to me in my very inconspicous, bright yellow Corvette and starts up a conversation. Turns out he lives in Redmond just like I do. I give him my card and we part ways. Fast forward to today. I run home at lunch to put my Dad's birthday present in the mail, a Tagua Remora pistol holster. On the way I see George driving by and he sees me in my covert Corvette and gives me a big wave. We pull up next to each other in town at an intersection and make plans to meet up tonight. I call him after work and he invites me over. When I get there he says I have to drive his '69 big block because he's "had a couple cocktails." Gladly. Side pipes. 4 pt harnesses. 4 speed manual. Unassisted brakes. Big cam. Gold's Gym certified clutch pedal. Sitting here now I'm not sure if I've ever really driven a muscle car before. This was a muscle car. Not a sports car. My C6 is a sports car. This '69 big block 427 Corvette was a muscle car.

Corvette, 427, L88 Hood, Sidepipes, 4Speed - nothing else needed or required

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/16/14 9:46 a.m.

http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/cto/4471818088.html

Car not finished,parts or you finish.2500.00 Firm A true giveaway.I have no time no space must go,great project.Please before you call know Any Calls are for appointments I'm not discussing it unless you make appointment to see it.It is what it is, If your really interested you come look If you are out of town more photos available price is firm you want it not my responciblity to lower price for your travel. Thanks for your understanding

Gasoline
Gasoline SuperDork
5/20/14 8:02 a.m.
David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
5/20/14 8:24 a.m.

This weekend I saw a buddy who's way into Corvettes. He owns a very, very original '61 and has owned a bunch more, including several C3s. Anyway, he makes a convincing argument for the '82 Special Edition. He believes there's no way to tell a real Pace Car from a fake, while many real ones were put away in storage when new. As a result, demand doesn't totally outstrip supply. Between the two, he'd vote for the Special Edition. Plus it had those groovy wheels.

vwcorvette
vwcorvette GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/20/14 7:38 p.m.

From work today. Coworker drove husband's 73, I drove my 75. Students loved it. One stated he liked the new Stingray even more now that he could see the "homage" to the C3 in the design. Yeah, I know, a high school student said homage in a sentence and used it correctly.

belteshazzar
belteshazzar UberDork
5/29/14 10:22 p.m.
Woody wrote: For all the time that guys around here spend talking about Europas and BiTurbos, these just seem like a far better starting point.

a great point, and to expand on that... it seems like the C4's bring the same money as the C3's. Is that not an even better idea?

David S. Wallens
5/29/14 10:29 p.m.

C4s are cool, but they don't have the hips. Plus JG and I would look way better in a C3.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/30/14 12:42 a.m.

You can't live your Dirk Diggler fantasies in a C4.

conesare2seconds
conesare2seconds HalfDork
5/30/14 9:52 p.m.

As far as philosophy of use goes, for the universe of '78-82 models the (relatively) hot ticket is an '80 L82 4MN. It's lighter than the '78/9 and haz moar power plus better aero and cooling. If no mods are contemplated and choice is limited to a '78 pacer or an '82 CE, def go for the CE. The reasons already cited are sufficient, plus the 700R4 trans makes for more relaxed cruising than in the earlier car. The crossfire '82s are not really mod-friendly but make adequate power reliably. Silver Beige is God's favorite color and the CE graphics rawk.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/5/14 6:22 p.m.

$3500

http://nwct.craigslist.org/cto/4729838343.html

David S. Wallens
12/6/14 12:19 a.m.

JG and I looked at two C3 Corvettes the other day. And by "looked at" I mean we drove by a pair of them while on our way to lunch. For the record, the red one looked way better.

Richard Nixon
Richard Nixon SuperDork
12/6/14 8:45 a.m.
David S. Wallens wrote: For the record, the red one looked way better.

I disagree.

1 ... 5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IuwIDy33309CamcAt5XtAOjBf226mo5fbrh68ed5KY5H8wXw93dlcUJtStr6yl0P