1 2 3
Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/23/24 12:21 p.m.

We're in the process of figuring out how to upgrade one of our NC development cars. Primary purpose is to make it look sexy enough to justify the turbo underhood, but of course it'll have to be functional. It's a Winning Blue car with an NC2 nose.

Post pics of horny looking NCs for inspiration :)

Rodan
Rodan UltraDork
2/23/24 2:03 p.m.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/23/24 4:06 p.m.

You can just about see my house in one of those pictures :)

One we built earlier.

Here's Nancy in an earlier incarnation. I kinda liked it, but the black nose was not universally appreciated and the fender flares didn't want to stay on.

twowheeled
twowheeled Reader
2/23/24 5:40 p.m.

The only thing I don't love about my NC is that it's from the era where Mazda hasn't figured out their chassis coating yet. We live in an area where the roads are heavily salted and all Mazdas from those years are completely rotted away. Even a couple years into ownership of only summer use, I was horrified to find my rear bumper crash bar already rusting under the bolts. It would be such a fun winter car if I could dip the whole thing into a vat of wax. 

jwagner (Forum Supporter)
jwagner (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
2/24/24 6:47 a.m.

I'm not as fond of the upturned smile of the later cars, but at least it doesn't look like the Joker.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/24/24 7:40 a.m.
twowheeled said:

The only thing I don't love about my NC is that it's from the era where Mazda hasn't figured out their chassis coating yet. We live in an area where the roads are heavily salted and all Mazdas from those years are completely rotted away. Even a couple years into ownership of only summer use, I was horrified to find my rear bumper crash bar already rusting under the bolts. It would be such a fun winter car if I could dip the whole thing into a vat of wax. 

What do you mean, "yet"?

red_stapler
red_stapler SuperDork
2/24/24 10:36 a.m.

Having owned a '90 and a '91, and then spending a decade away from Miatas, the NC was like a reunion with an old friend.  

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/24/24 1:56 p.m.

I owned an NA and currently own an NC.

I smiled when I drove the NA, and smile when I drive the NC, but my body fits in the NC much better. I really have to start doing the body work soon.

Don Fip
Don Fip GRM+ Memberand New Reader
2/24/24 2:07 p.m.

I'm a fan

docwyte
docwyte UltimaDork
2/24/24 2:56 p.m.

I don't fit in an NA/NB worth a damn.  I've never sat in an NC....

newold_m (Forum Supporter)
newold_m (Forum Supporter) Reader
2/24/24 10:00 p.m.

Compared to NA/NB's I've had in the past I was able to fit a lot better in my NC2 with 1" lowered NC1 seats. I tried the 2.5" drop brackets but could never get it to work and sold the car soon after a 987 I was lusting after became available for sale. 

CyberEric
CyberEric SuperDork
2/25/24 12:52 p.m.

That wheel/tire package is fantastic! What is it?

I think NCs look amazing with RPF1s and a fat tire. I remember when I first started seeing them in autocrosses like that and was like "damn" because I had never liked the looks before. Something about the wheel arches and the tires makes a for a great look that you can't really get with any other Miata.

newold_m (Forum Supporter)
newold_m (Forum Supporter) Reader
2/26/24 1:23 a.m.

In reply to CyberEric :

Not sure if the question was to me but this is what I got for the wheel/tire package: Konig Hypergram 16x7.5 +38 Bronze 16x7.5 with 205/50 Indy 500's

Wanted to stay 16" as I much prefer the fat tire look as well. 

Kirkm1976
Kirkm1976 New Reader
9/19/24 3:43 p.m.

Just getcha a Sportster...883...She's Aaaaaaaaaallllll ya Neeeeeeeeeeed

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
A1xG1dULkxTCtVdugtSrHqY2o5bhbov4ph0t3N8n3wLx5b6hdLszFDzUHOChBBph