1 2 3 4 ... 7
Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand Reader
6/15/12 3:42 p.m.
scardeal wrote: In reply to Hungary Bill: Methinks you got that backwards...

Good. I knew about the fuel restrictions etc but I must have misinterpreted James's post.

imirk
imirk Reader
6/15/12 4:12 p.m.

Looking forward to the Delta Wing, also: no Pugs this year :( Audi spent themselves out of competition again? Porsche is returnign to P1 next year correct?

wrek496
wrek496 New Reader
6/16/12 2:44 a.m.

I'm excited that Toyota is back after a long absence. 1.05 secs. off the Pole winning Audi is pretty damn good if you ask me. Fingers crossed it doesn't have any serious problems. GTE is always a fun battle.

racerfink
racerfink Dork
6/16/12 8:05 a.m.

That was poorly worded by the guy who edited that report. A 3:39 is "in" the 3:30's, and not much faster than the 3:42 it ran. He's not saying the car could do a 3:30.xxx

racerfink
racerfink Dork
6/16/12 8:36 a.m.

DeltaWing already making it's first stop, well before the Audi and Toyota teams... Mostly for "debris" in the radiator openings, which mysteriously disappeared before the car got to it's pit stall.

iceracer
iceracer UltraDork
6/16/12 8:42 a.m.

Might they have an overheating problem ? Or the debris fell out when the driver braked for the pit lane.

LainfordExpress
LainfordExpress Reader
6/16/12 8:45 a.m.

Whoa, those red blinker headlight surrounds on the Audis are really cool.

LainfordExpress
LainfordExpress Reader
6/16/12 8:46 a.m.
racerfink wrote: DeltaWing already making it's first stop, well before the Audi and Toyota teams... Mostly for "debris" in the radiator openings, which mysteriously disappeared before the car got to it's pit stall.

They said the radiator blockage fell out, but those sounds like code for "our car is not working right, but damned if we're going to own up to it".

racerfink
racerfink Dork
6/16/12 9:28 a.m.

And the Delta is in the garage.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg PowerDork
6/16/12 9:30 a.m.

Lots of spins so far

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer PowerDork
6/16/12 9:52 a.m.

So Speed, you must cut away from coverage of one of the most prestigious races to cover Nascar practice from Michigan because they are trying a new compound of Goodyear tires?

Sky Sports, here I come!

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/16/12 10:01 a.m.

So what is the best option for Le Mans coverage now that Nascrap is on?

LainfordExpress
LainfordExpress Reader
6/16/12 10:01 a.m.

This is ridiculous. berkeley you Speed.

DukeOfUndersteer
6/16/12 10:03 a.m.
LainfordExpress
LainfordExpress Reader
6/16/12 10:05 a.m.

If I wanted to listen to a bunch of hill jacks talk about stuff I don't care about I'm sure there is a political rally I could go to.

LainfordExpress
LainfordExpress Reader
6/16/12 10:06 a.m.

Oh good, they're going to "check is at Le Mans" after the break, featuring exclusively Le Mans themed commercials.

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/16/12 10:11 a.m.
DukeOfUndersteer wrote: Online Streaming found here.

Thanks Duke!

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/16/12 10:12 a.m.

http://www.radiolemans.com/ for audio. Also, Sirius channel 94 or XM channel 208.

LainfordExpress
LainfordExpress Reader
6/16/12 10:22 a.m.

Iwas watching the Corvette live feed. It was mostly some dude pacing In a pit stall.

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/16/12 10:24 a.m.

Wow, hell of a race for GTE Pro at this point!

nicksta43
nicksta43 HalfDork
6/16/12 10:38 a.m.

Spped always breaks away for a couple hours here and there. They haven't left yet I've been watching the whole time. They are going to leave at six tonight which is what was unscheduled. I think speed is and always has done a good job with this race.

DukeOfUndersteer
6/16/12 10:41 a.m.

I just think it's B.S. that they need to cut to emergency coverage of Nascar practice for their new tire compound. There is no need for that practice coverage

LainfordExpress
LainfordExpress Reader
6/16/12 10:50 a.m.

Well they did cut away so some hill jack could blab incorherently about 204mph causing the tires to blister with the seriousness of coverage of the Normandy landings.

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
6/16/12 10:56 a.m.

I thought it was odd that in the first hour and a half of coverage the only screen time given to the delta wing was when it was being passed by one of the Audis. I think the things are ugly, but I am really interested to see how they do and I'd like to see more of them on the tv coverage. I realize Speed is showing us the world feed that some French guy gets to dictate what we see, and that the delta wing is an American designed thing, but being as it is so radically different I figured it would get more coverage.

DukeOfUndersteer
6/16/12 10:57 a.m.

I just don't understand why they need this coverage. All it's going to be is a normal tire stint run for the teams to gather data like tire temps and tire degradation. This warrants TV coverage?

1 2 3 4 ... 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IDbMG6Y1yrJG8Gm5IdJJMO3KygiwUlL7URVCFzuiNl1q8nWHTu2GTRJ9tvWBbKan