1 2
porschenut
porschenut New Reader
4/15/09 8:45 a.m.

skip the real VAG products and go with the 5 cylinder stuff sturdier, cheaper, more reliable try audifans, motorgeek and vw vortex for stuff. and of course CL

geoffl
geoffl New Reader
4/16/09 8:03 p.m.
HiTempguy wrote:
geoffl wrote: Yes they are lots of fun and unstoppable in snow with the quattro. 20V revs higher and picks up strong from about 4k on up. As someone else said they beg for a turbo.034 Motorsports has a kit for them that I am coveting for mine.
SO am I being told I should offer $2500 and go from there? I also noticed it has a 7K red line... I am looking for a new/different car as I'll probably be selling the fosuc to my sister. Its between the audi, two different Swift GTi's, and trying to scrape some cash together for a real VAG product (A4/Jetta/Golf all of the turbo variety).

$2500 should buy you a really nice one. They regularly go over 200k miles but I don't think there is a real strong market for them now. They got a bad rep for electrical issues and the younger kids don't find them ricey enough. If you get it find a Bently shop manual for it.

audifan
audifan New Reader
4/16/09 8:07 p.m.
porschenut wrote: skip the real VAG products and go with the 5 cylinder stuff sturdier, cheaper, more reliable try audifans, motorgeek and vw vortex for stuff. and of course CL

definitely forgo the newer VAG stuff and go for the mighty five cylinder cars they are tough as nails and they well E36 M3 they are just tough and fast end of discussion

HiTempguy
HiTempguy Reader
4/16/09 10:17 p.m.
geoffl wrote: $2500 should buy you a really nice one.

I live in Canada. You don't get "nice" cars for $2500. You get Firefly's and Sprint's without TOO much rust.

geoffl
geoffl New Reader
4/17/09 7:01 p.m.

I got mine for $1700 with lots of new parts and a solid body. Mileage was 156K, locking rear diff and 5 spd 20V. It is a lot of fun to drive and will be more so once turbo'd with some added engine parts for survival.

randyed64
randyed64 New Reader
3/19/11 12:22 a.m.

The new five-cylinder engine provides better fuel economy than than the previous engines like V . Even with a manual transmission, the 2.0T is EPA rated for 22 mpg in the city, 30 mpg on the highway, and 25 mpg combined. The transmission which is an automatic is capable of dropping the fuel economy to 21 city, Good thing with this engine is that it could be easily maintained and repaired. In fact, owners could do the repair job even without relying on the auto repair shop or on the mechanic instead. Besides, the presence of automotive websites that allow owners to place their Audi repair questions are a great help and thus they will no longer find difficulty whenever they have problems with their autos.

cghstang
cghstang Reader
3/19/11 7:43 a.m.

Informative Audi Canoe ?

chockrl
chockrl New Reader
3/19/11 10:22 a.m.

I have a 1995 S6, same car as pre-95 S4's, also known as urS4/6's. Bought it with 16x,xxx miles and now have over 190,xxx. Just had to repair some fuel lines and hydraulic system return lines due to rust, but the body is galvanized so it is in great shape. Has been my winter driver, and highway cruiser since Mid 2008.

20v Turbo, 5-speed, very fun. The S cars were rated at 227 hp and 258 torques. I even have working leather heated seats for all 4 passengers.

I am actually thinking about selling it, thinning the herd 6 cars and 2 motorcycles keep me busy.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VqUgggT4aQ8ssuLnWes7T2rZkDHalNLsMUcEMmhcCFGgQj6OmH834YMGngZHRdBI