1 2
clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke Dork
7/25/14 5:47 p.m.
Vigo wrote: It's half the money because the newer car is approximately 100% better (imo) in terms of materials, build quality, appearance, technology, etc etc etc. Seriously, the first gen CTS probably saved cadillac, and the V is a GRM hero car, but the basic car itself, objectively, is almost a pile of crap compared to a new ATS. GM has improved their products at breakneck speed since the first gen CTS came out the new cars are genuinely much better. Dont get me wrong, the first gen CTSV was a very neat car and a great bargain at current prices, but implying it is a similar car to a new ATS at half the price is disingenuous. If you put the first gen CTS on a cadillac dealer's new car lot today and tried to sell it as a new car, they would immediately hide it somewhere where it couldnt embarass them. New Cadillacs are just that much better than 10 year old cadillacs. Im just saying there are really good reasons why v1 CTSV is half the price of a new ATS.

I approve of and agree with this statement.

dj06482
dj06482 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/14/15 10:04 p.m.

Just wanted to bump this up. There are some serious incentives out there right now on any leftover 2014 ATS, and there's a lot of inventory out there. The '15 model gets a serious torque bump for the 2.0T (260 ft-lbs to 290), but it looks like the '14s can make similar gains with a canned tune.

Incentives right now are around $4k, with an additional $2k in loyalty cash (if you own a '99-up GM product), and $1500 in Conquest Cash (if you own an '04-up non-GM product). Dealers also seem to be willing to offer more off on top of those incentives.

I'm seeing prices in the $30k range for an ATS Standard (base model) AWD 2.0T model (sticker is around $38-39k). RWD manual versions can be had for less.

I haven't driven one yet, so I can't comment on the driving experience. From a price perspective, hey're starting to look like a pretty decent value, especially for the base model. These get pricey quickly with options, so YMMV.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
m11Q3PZBIsXtHbNHqz3nVvq74PWrZQwuQKiCmvBnSbj0alig6LtT6vFBo4q9ookG