1 2
nderwater
nderwater UltimaDork
8/13/19 3:35 p.m.
theshiftpattern said:

Such nostalgia -- I learned to drive in a gray 505 wagon. Ours had the third row seat, which was awesome for a big family. Thanks for posting!

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
8/13/19 4:31 p.m.

I saw a 504 with the strangely sloped trunk lid a month or so ago in the wild. Haven't seen a 505 in a while.

paranoid_android
paranoid_android UberDork
8/13/19 5:59 p.m.
EvanB said:

In reply to paranoid_android :

I had a 405 mi16. It was great but I've always wanted a 505. Anything i couldn't source on rock auto i got from Peugeot Holm.

Doh!  I got part of it right- thank you for correcting me ;-)

Rons
Rons GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/13/19 6:04 p.m.

All I have to add is there's a guy about 4 blocks from me who DDs a 505 sedan. On a special note for Sreetwiseguy it's on Saskatchewan plates.

paranoid_android
8/16/19 7:06 a.m.

If the Peugeot doesn’t pan out, you could take a more German route for a mere $800...

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/410377399579982/

slowbird
slowbird Reader
8/16/19 7:10 a.m.

SCORPIO

I unironically want one of these...

jfryjfry
jfryjfry Dork
8/16/19 8:17 a.m.

That Peugeot.....  the original factory angry eyes!

LanEvo
LanEvo GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/16/19 8:27 a.m.
EvanB said:

I had a 405 mi16. It was great but I've always wanted a 505. Anything i couldn't source on rock auto i got from Peugeot Holm.

Same here. Loved my Mi16. Bought a bunch of stuff from Brian Holm, including a complete exhaust system: http://www.peugeotholm.com/

vwcorvette
vwcorvette GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/16/19 3:07 p.m.

I worked at an independent shop in the 90s owned by the former shop manager of the local Peugeot dealership here in Vermont. At one time the no. 1 dealership in the country. Imported Car Center owned by Arlo Cota. They've moved but can still fix a French car like no one else.

Look them up if you need access to info or parts. Arlo used to run two 505 turbos back in the day in a variety of racing series. And until not long ago was hillclimbing one with over 80000 race miles on it.

I've worked on them in the past. Nice cars that drive real well. My boss, Ralph Humburg (RIP), would joke that the reason the seats are so comfortable is for when your forced to wait while the tow truck gets to you.

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/16/19 7:25 p.m.

That might give him the largest and most diverse Merkur collection in Pennsylvania. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UberDork
8/16/19 7:30 p.m.

Just when I think my thread about a French car couldn't possibly contain more irreplaceable parts of questionable quality, you come in and drop this bomb in it.  Yikes!

For another fun fact, the only other car (to my knowledge) that was available with the 2.5td in the Peugeot from the original post was... a Scorpio.  There's some sort of trash vehicle Illuminati out there pulling the strings, I swear.

paranoid_android
8/16/19 8:16 p.m.

In reply to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :

Facebook Marketplace gets the credit for that one.  I guess my browsing habits put me into the “oddball European crap no one in their right mind would pay money for” algorithm.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/16/19 8:46 p.m.
paranoid_android said:

If the Peugeot doesn’t pan out, you could take a more German route for a mere $800...

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/410377399579982/

Want!

It's like a German Taurus.

I used to work on several of them.  They were all that same color.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/16/19 8:49 p.m.

I'll take "Phrases you are only likely to see on the GRM Forums" for $200, Alex.

EvanB said:

I had a 405 mi16. It was great but I've always wanted a 505.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
8/17/19 7:43 a.m.

Just make an offer and buy the guys entire collection. Then you will have enough spares. Or we could take 2 to the challenge. 

Needs a transmission and brakes.

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/17/19 7:54 a.m.

In reply to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :

I think if you ever build a challenge car your team needs to be “Trash Vehicle Illuminati”

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2BZh7waunInkTiOdEfCN2a3UMMTT7OzklmGtHA0aNXvPj5rfpH6cHeyNrud6NLrC