Smarta$$ McPoopyPants
Smarta$$ McPoopyPants MegaDork
4/12/15 6:17 p.m.

Touring next month. Our van sucks, and it's unlikely we'll get a "new" one in the interim.

Thinking about checking out Uhaul, typical rental places, maybe even the local stealerships(?) Any other creative solutions? Mileage would have to be unlimited as we'll be heading up & down the east coast. Trying to keep it around $20/day.

eastsidemav
eastsidemav Dork
4/12/15 7:02 p.m.

Enterprise used to do unlimited mileage on cargo vans if you had a business account, but it's probably been 3 years since I rented one, so I don't know if they still do. I highly doubt you could rent anything more than a Chevy spark on $20 a day unlimited mileage, though.

drdisque
drdisque Reader
4/12/15 7:28 p.m.

Uhaul would be prohibitively expensive for something like that.

Ranger50
Ranger50 PowerDork
4/12/15 7:51 p.m.

Enterprise, Penske, or Ryder are your best bets for some kind of "long term" rental/lease.

TR3only
TR3only Reader
4/14/15 2:41 p.m.

My very limited experience tells me no one will give unlimited mileage when you rent for LESS than a month.

You can get cheap (er) rates fron folks like U-Haul and Budget if you rent for a 1 way trip....twice. By that I mean rent 1 truck for half the trip then "switch" for your return. Not sure why, but 2 500 mile 1 ways are (usually) cheaper than 1 1K miler. Or be adventurous and try Craigs for rideshares.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9retRYURYxl1MKsYWuxoqqrrWNnoxHtKkypcEwseU1eWciX7ji4OX9PMwsA2pmex