1 2
DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) UltimaDork
1/22/22 4:18 p.m.

Another thought.....I've rebuilt seats where I used passenger side foam in the driver's seat because the outboard bolsters break down and the inboard don't as much. If you repaired that busted bolster area on both seats and swapped sides would it work ? You can use the slab foam to replace the "skirt" area that hangs over that basket, it doesn't look to be doing much more than filling out the cover anyway.

FYI....that horse shoe piece appears to be "hot cure foam" as opposed to  the "cold cure foam" currently used. It's much denser and was pretty tough stuff back in the day.

Adam50zx
Adam50zx
12/12/22 11:12 a.m.

In reply to DeadSkunk (Warren) :

Hey Warren,

What would you say the average density and firmness is in the industry. Please attach any resources if you can as well. Im working on a project and would like to use the average foam that is used across the automotive seat industry to give me the most success.

Thank you in advance!

Adam50zx
Adam50zx New Reader
12/12/22 11:16 a.m.

In reply to DeadSkunk (Warren) :

Hey Warren,

What would you say the average density and firmness is in the industry. Please attach any resources if you can as well. Im working on a project and would like to use the average foam that is used across the automotive seat industry to give me the most success.

Thank you in advance!

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
12/12/22 11:49 a.m.

These canoes are getting out of control.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QNLVofJFMMIxgVJbEgQ9nYWvMwiYECdDSTS62BffayufZjBojs7QrvohM2eCNzdy