1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
Storz
Storz Dork
11/7/13 5:51 a.m.

Are we arguing over the nose of a car that is rwd, has lots of engine options, a proper manual transmission, has IRS and a backseat for around 25 grand?

Just want to make sure.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson PowerDork
11/7/13 6:50 a.m.
DrBoost wrote: But I'll bite since you are the type that has to try so hard to prove a point. The Miata is different because the miata wasn't styled as much as it was created to serve a purpose, form follows function, and they were very forthright in saying that the car was very much inspired by cars of that era, and I think that very car was named by Mazda.

Mazda bought an Elan in the UK for IAD to use during the design and build of the first running prototype. The concept was MGB, the Design was always meant to be an Elan copy.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson PowerDork
11/7/13 6:52 a.m.
Storz wrote: Are we arguing over An artist’s impression of the nose of a car that No official pictures of the real thing have been released is rwd, has lots of engine options, a proper manual transmission, has IRS and a backseat for around 25 grand? Just want to make sure.

Yup

tuna55
tuna55 PowerDork
11/7/13 7:03 a.m.
Storz wrote: Are we arguing over the nose of a car that is rwd, has lots of engine options, a proper manual transmission, has IRS and a backseat for around 25 grand? Just want to make sure.

the winner of the internet!! Good call Storz

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
11/7/13 7:19 a.m.
ddavidv wrote:
JoeyM wrote:
93EXCivic wrote: But anymore I feel like lots of people are stealing each others styling cues.
Well played, sir. I didn't read all the pages, I just looked at the 360 of the Mustang when C/D posted it. As a guy currently lusting for the 2005--> Mustang on the used market, I'm the target audience for the car. I'm as critical of Mustang styling as anyone, because it's an icon and it needs to bring a certain something to the table to continue the lineage. The Ford Probe would have been a colossal mistake in this regard, and the outcry thankfully killed that before it happened (and who today can look at a Probe and not go "Eeew"?). This latest version works--it's got the Mustang-ness it should have while moving forward with modern styling cues. I wouldn't want it to chuck it's past and move in a completely new direction.

Those pictures are exactly my point. Stealing styling is nothing new. Also see the Kia Amanti and the Jaguar S-type.

Personally I hope they put the Aston grill on the Mustang. I would like the Mustang to move forward and not be stuck with the totally retro styling it has now. Also I like the Probe.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UberDork
11/7/13 7:22 a.m.

Yep, these look IDENTICAL!

COMPLETELY the same. No difference whatsoever. In fact, I bet Ford's just buying them from Korea and slapping on Ford badges.

logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/7/13 7:24 a.m.
Storz wrote: Are we arguing over the nose of a car that is rwd, has lots of engine options, a proper manual transmission, has IRS and a backseat for around 25 grand? Just want to make sure.

I thought this was a "beat up Dr Boost" thread. Those are more fun.

besides everytime a new car comes out, half the internet says its ugly. Thats how it works.

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
11/7/13 7:25 a.m.

Why is no one bashing the Impala for copying the Accord?

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
11/7/13 7:27 a.m.

In reply to Bobzilla:

I don't see the resemblance either, other than they both have two doors. If I have a criticism of the Mustang, it would be that the front of the profile does look too much like an Evo. I think there's more similarity there than to the Genesis or the Aston. And unlike the grill, I don't like the front profile on the new Mustang and I don't like it on the Evo. But these are still unofficial renderings, so there's still hope. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the grill ends up being a little more "Mustang" and a little less "Fusion".

alfadriver
alfadriver PowerDork
11/7/13 7:32 a.m.

In reply to Bobzilla:

I don't think many will notice, since about 3 mustangs sell for every geneis.

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
11/7/13 7:33 a.m.

In reply to alfadriver:

Oooh, slam.

jstein77
jstein77 SuperDork
11/7/13 7:34 a.m.

And Toyota and Nissan never copy off of each other either.

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
11/7/13 7:36 a.m.

Or...

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UberDork
11/7/13 7:45 a.m.
alfadriver wrote: In reply to Bobzilla: I don't think many will notice, since about 3 mustangs sell for every geneis.

That's because Quality>Quantity. Something Ford just hasn't quite figured out yet. But don't worry, 2 out of 3 mustangs will likely have a recall for something fire related in the next 5 years.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UberDork
11/7/13 7:48 a.m.

What about Toyota copying Kia?

alfadriver
alfadriver PowerDork
11/7/13 7:50 a.m.
Bobzilla wrote:
alfadriver wrote: In reply to Bobzilla: I don't think many will notice, since about 3 mustangs sell for every geneis.
That's because Quality>Quantity. Something Ford just hasn't quite figured out yet. But don't worry, 2 out of 3 mustangs will likely have a recall for something fire related in the next 5 years.

Based on what everyone else posts here, I'm not so sure about that.

Once total sales eclipses just the F150 sales, well, then we can talk. That's only 8000 more sales a month to reach that one vehicle.

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
11/7/13 7:52 a.m.

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/7/13 7:54 a.m.
bravenrace wrote: Why is no one bashing the Impala for copying the Accord?

Because nobody gives a E36 M3 about Impalas or Accords?

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
11/7/13 7:55 a.m.
bravenrace wrote:

That truck looks depressed.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UberDork
11/7/13 8:04 a.m.
alfadriver wrote:
Bobzilla wrote:
Based on what everyone else posts here, I'm not so sure about that. Once total sales eclipses just the F150 sales, well, then we can talk. That's only 8000 more sales a month to reach that one vehicle.

Once Ford has a recall for something not fire-related then we can talk. lol

Storz
Storz Dork
11/7/13 8:04 a.m.
bravenrace wrote: Or...

Lets not forget the 3rd look-a-like

DrBoost
DrBoost PowerDork
11/7/13 8:34 a.m.

None of those look like any other car ever created. Are you guys all saying something is wrong with a good looking car?

I mean, not even the paint colors are the same!

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
11/7/13 8:38 a.m.

In reply to DrBoost:

Now you're starting to get it, Boost.

mtn
mtn UltimaDork
11/7/13 8:49 a.m.
Bobzilla wrote:
alfadriver wrote:
Bobzilla wrote:
Based on what everyone else posts here, I'm not so sure about that. Once total sales eclipses just the F150 sales, well, then we can talk. That's only 8000 more sales a month to reach that one vehicle.

I am 100% sure that Ford has had a recall over something that was not fire-related.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UberDork
11/7/13 8:54 a.m.
mtn wrote:
Bobzilla wrote:
alfadriver wrote:
Bobzilla wrote:
I am 100% sure that Ford has had a recall over something that was not fire-related.

Are you sure? rofl

1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UpMExXl9bFilQOL7yBuH0zi3DARodXHznwISoxBZEqqcUktVMhp5BiZt7G3wGRUd