1 ... 6 7 8
Storz
Storz Dork
11/8/13 5:55 a.m.

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
11/8/13 7:17 a.m.
Bobzilla wrote: No no no... the New mustang is JUST LIKE the gen coupe.... See, look. Already on fire like half the fords on the road! See? JUST LIKE the mustang.

That's what I like most about you, Bob, your unbiased objectivity...

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UberDork
11/8/13 7:52 a.m.

I still chuckle when I hear an ew ford recall that involves fire. Do I think all fords will catch on fire? Nope. I just find it hilarious that the majority of their recalls in the last 30 years have revolved around stuff burning to the ground.

Speaking of which, my best friend from High School had a 1988 Mustang that was under that cruise switch recall that involved them catching on fire at random times and you would walk out to see your car now had tinted windows..... all of them. He had scheduled his appointment for the following week, 2 days later went out to go to work and the entire interior was gone, paint done etc.

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
11/8/13 8:03 a.m.

Seems like the majority of Hyundai recalls are brake problems...Potentially just as dangerous as a fire...

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UberDork
11/8/13 8:21 a.m.
bravenrace wrote: Seems like the majority of Hyundai recalls are brake problems...Potentially just as dangerous as a fire...

No, the majority of Hyundai recalls were always evap and "rollover in an accident then get hit again and gas may leak out" that I remember. GM's recalls were always stupid E36 M3 like steering wheel falling off or something. Dodge... well, their transmissions never lasted long enough to get far enough to warrant a recall on anything else. Honda can't build a p/s system to save it's ass. Toyota likes sludge and rust.

On my current vehicles none have any open recalls. 2 Kia's, one Hyundai (left) and a GMC.

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
11/8/13 8:52 a.m.

When I did a search on Hyundai recalls, many of them in the past few years were for air bag and brake issues. Not what I'd call minor safety issues. Doing a quick cursory check, it seems that fire hazards are not the true majority of Ford recalls in the same time period. Recalls on your own vehicles are meaningless when looking at the big picture.

http://www.automobilemag.com/auto_recalls/01/hyundai/

http://www.automobilemag.com/auto_recalls/01/ford/

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UberDork
11/8/13 9:01 a.m.

Well, considering I haven't worked at/for Hyundai in 9 years, and none of my vehicles have any recalls, it's kinda hard for me to know about them. When I was there, the evap and rollover valves were the common recalls of the day. We don't have many Kia's/Hyundai's through our shop and those that do typically get an oil change and maybe a set of tires before going out onto the lot.

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
11/8/13 9:51 a.m.

Sooooo...

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
11/8/13 9:59 a.m.

beans
beans HalfDork
11/9/13 6:06 a.m.
Tom_Spangler wrote:
bravenrace wrote: Why is no one bashing the Impala for copying the Accord?
Because nobody gives a E36 M3 about Impalas or Accords?

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson PowerDork
11/9/13 10:42 a.m.
beans wrote:
Tom_Spangler wrote:
bravenrace wrote: Why is no one bashing the Impala for copying the Accord?
Because nobody gives a E36 M3 about Impalas or Accords?

Truth hurts

nicksta43
nicksta43 SuperDork
11/9/13 11:38 a.m.
Storz wrote:

I just flicked the safety off...

1 ... 6 7 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
z2NVk1ozrKRdlzoD6g31EQMZYjN29MndtT4B3Pt7WMTVypZtWLyc2BmAZRXtHxcL