1 2
thewheelman
thewheelman Reader
10/16/24 6:00 p.m.

In reply to iansane :

Bingo! If I say it has an X-pipe, will they understand, or just think that all loud cars have one after that? Do I go into how I carefully selected aftermarket springs that match OEM GT350 rates plus a little extra because...reasons? How about the custom alignment and spherical joints sprinkled here and there? Ugh, I irritate myself...

SuperDave
SuperDave New Reader
10/16/24 6:22 p.m.

In reply to P3PPY :aallmostlways. They get a "Thank you"    

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
10/16/24 8:03 p.m.

The Molvo makes this easy, and kind of fun, I  say "Thank you  for the compliment". Then I ask them if they have figured out what they are looking at. 

Cooper_Tired
Cooper_Tired Dork
10/16/24 8:07 p.m.

"Thanks! You should get one" 

imgon
imgon HalfDork
10/16/24 8:21 p.m.

I tend to have odd vehicles so half the time people ask me what they are looking at before they decide if they like it. On my bike, a BMW Sport Tourer I often get "BMW makes motorcycles???" or my uncle had an old one he brought home from Germany. The RX7 was good for a 20 minute conversation any place it stopped. Rotaries are a love/hate, most people loved seeing it but hated hearing it. When the car gets complimented, I'll say Thank you and will say something nice about their ride if applicable. With the Mustang, the color gets everyone talking and I just agree that it is an awesome color.

Will
Will UberDork
10/16/24 8:29 p.m.

Usually just some variation of "Thanks! I appreciate it" unless they have specific questions.

Though on my 57 I do often add it was my dad's first car so it has a lot of sentimental meaning.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZvLKxRgi9aCmJc0ftgPL3o5evAIzctbRMGNxEfuAvMgM78arZxZz6kke4jVy7Yz3