1 2 3 4
Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
9/6/24 10:05 p.m.

My miata is currently rustoleum hunter green-ish

Looks fantastic as a track rat. 

But.

It's time to make the car more civilized. I don't think this shade of green works on this car by itself without all the stickers and spoilers and such. And the paints wrecked anyway

So, show me your favorite green, and give me the name and color code! I will have a dark tan interior, so keep that in mind. 

Bonus points for photoshopping it onto an nb2 with small appearance package. Since that's what mine is destined to look like. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/6/24 10:07 p.m.

My favorite green is the one from my first car, an early 70s Ford.

This is because partly really nice color, partly because nostalgia, and partly because the Ford color code was 4Q and my sense of humor is stuck at 13 years old.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/6/24 10:31 p.m.

I don't know the color code, but it's called emerald green mica on my 99 sport. 

Stealthtercel
Stealthtercel SuperDork
9/6/24 10:48 p.m.

1969 Camaro Fathom Green is gorgeous.

1976 Oldsmobile Alpine Green looks particularly good with tan.

Datsun240ZGuy
Datsun240ZGuy MegaDork
9/6/24 11:03 p.m.

NMNA

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/6/24 11:05 p.m.

A couple nice ones off the top of my head. Lotus Motorsport Green (X8644):

Aston-Martin Podium Green (6332)

brandonsmash
brandonsmash GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/6/24 11:17 p.m.

Lamborghini's "Verde Hydra" is great. 

A bit more down to earth, the Hakone edition FRS looks great.

Trent
Trent UltimaDork
9/6/24 11:21 p.m.

I love willow green

And almond green

And I once bought a GTI because it was Rave green

Verde Chiaro is really good on the right car

I find most BRG colors a bit dull, to my eye they really need a bright interior color to make them pop.

Motojunky
Motojunky Reader
9/6/24 11:37 p.m.

I like the green on my crew cab Chevelle (Gulf Green, IIRC) but I don't think it works for the Miata. The green on the Fiat above would be great IMO. 

pres589 (djronnebaum)
pres589 (djronnebaum) UltimaDork
9/6/24 11:39 p.m.

1998 GM truck Forest Green.  Ditzler color code 5409.

My dad had a truck in this color, single-tone, and it was really pretty.  Good dark green, nothing remotely teal about it.  I think it would look really good on a 2nd gen MX-5.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/6/24 11:59 p.m.

Triumph has been slathering their Speed Triple in Roulette Green for almost a quarter century. There's a reason for that. It rules. I will own one. In Roulette Green because there might as well be no other color.

j_tso
j_tso Dork
9/7/24 12:13 a.m.

Porsche's Irish Green has been on my mind lately. A few paint codes show up for it: 6406 6606 6806 L60E

https://bringatrailer.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/5b75d163decfe_porsche_911e_1533683554cfcd220160501_130934.jpg?fit=940%2C678

Ranger50
Ranger50 MegaDork
9/7/24 12:15 a.m.

Recent mustang color of gotta have it green?

Photo courtesy of MotorTrend.

newold_m (Forum Supporter)
newold_m (Forum Supporter) Reader
9/7/24 12:27 a.m.

Verde Fangio

wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L)
wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/7/24 6:19 a.m.

LOVE Toyota's new green

It's called Lunar Rock, and I'm having difficulty finding good pictures'

I've got a friend with a RAV4 in that color, and it is awesome on the trucks as well.

OR, British Racing Green.

But let's be honest, J_tso nailed it.

rallyxPOS13
rallyxPOS13 GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/7/24 7:07 a.m.

Porsche has an expansive green palette 

https://www.rennbow.org/color-wiki?modelYear=-1&model=-1&modelRarity=-1&searchInput=&colorFamily=11&conductSearch=1&go=search

I always thought the original NA Miatas looked like Skittles, and really wanted to paint mine like the missing lime flavor, and the best one I found was Viper Green (vipergrün) from the early RS Carreras, and recently brought back:

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
9/7/24 8:18 a.m.

My old '52 Dodge B3C-116.

Spearfishin
Spearfishin HalfDork
9/7/24 8:20 a.m.

There's an SN95 Mustang I see at work that clearly has a "my buddy paints cars on the weekend" paint job, but the specific color green looks awesome. I keep trying to catch him coming or going to ask the color, but haven't managed to, yet. 

Buddy says he thinks it's Dark Highland Green from a newer Mustang, but only being able to compare Internet pictures to the car in question, I say it's something else. Will try to grab a pic if I see it next week. 

wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L)
wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/7/24 8:24 a.m.

Slightly  better shot of Toyota's green:

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
9/7/24 8:56 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

What's the deeper plan here?  You have a green car with rough paint. 

In the last repaint did you paint door jambs and under trunk lid/hood?    
Do you plan to paint those same areas again with this repaint?  

I wonder, if the door jambs, et all are currently this forest green, are you then just looking for a similar forest green (of better quality than Rustoleum) that you can sand and paint the body for a quick "topsides" repaint.  

pres589 (djronnebaum)
pres589 (djronnebaum) UltimaDork
9/7/24 9:02 a.m.

Highland Green on the '01 Bullit Mustang (Ford has played with the actual shade over the years since the SN95 Bullit's came out) is similar to my previous suggestion.  Ditzler code 5488.

Someone had a mk1 Capri painted this color and shared it on Instagram but the car isn't shown complete so I didn't bother sharing it here.  Seems like a home run combo of color and Capri.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
9/7/24 9:05 a.m.

Get a metallic, whatever shade you choose. It will hide minor scratches much, much better. 

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/7/24 9:13 a.m.
GameboyRMH said:

A couple nice ones off the top of my head. Lotus Motorsport Green (X8644):

That's gorgeous. I wonder how it would look without all of those curves though that accentuate the color

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
9/7/24 10:55 a.m.
John Welsh said:

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

What's the deeper plan here?  You have a green car with rough paint. 

In the last repaint did you paint door jambs and under trunk lid/hood?    
Do you plan to paint those same areas again with this repaint?  

I wonder, if the door jambs, et all are currently this forest green, are you then just looking for a similar forest green (of better quality than Rustoleum) that you can sand and paint the body for a quick "topsides" repaint.  

So, whole car is done with rustoleum.  It's ALL coming off. Full bare metal respray. So I could change to blue, and it wouldn't matter. I'll be using the best body panels of two cars, and blasting/sanding every inch of them.

I had a 2012 Jeep Wrangler that was painted a color called Black Forest Green Pearl Metallic. It was a deep green that looked almost black in the shade but had a ton of metal flake in it. It absolutely popped in direct sun light. The Chrysler paint code is PGZ. Sadly, I don't have a good pic of it in the sun so here is a crappy dealer pic:

Another pic of a Grand Cherokee in the same color:

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
nAcDA4C3yqH4WL6Jw6subFiL4tagRQeYQAxkzkKPpPoq1JGQpuCTRPTZzgCcYfxP