1 2 3 4
Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
9/8/24 12:44 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:
John Welsh said:

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

What's the deeper plan here?  You have a green car with rough paint. 

In the last repaint did you paint door jambs and under trunk lid/hood?    
Do you plan to paint those same areas again with this repaint?  

I wonder, if the door jambs, et all are currently this forest green, are you then just looking for a similar forest green (of better quality than Rustoleum) that you can sand and paint the body for a quick "topsides" repaint.  

So, whole car is done with rustoleum.  It's ALL coming off. Full bare metal respray. So I could change to blue, and it wouldn't matter. I'll be using the best body panels of two cars, and blasting/sanding every inch of them.

If other colors are on the table, why limit yourself to only considering green ?

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
9/8/24 1:02 p.m.

In reply to Indy - Guy :

They really aren't. It's just as easy to at this point,  but I want to stay green (thats what dad and i built) despite the siren song of dark blues.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/8/24 1:15 p.m.
theruleslawyer said:

I feel like green is a hard color to do right. I do like the current ford green.

It has gold flake in it that gives it really cool highlights in the sun. It would look really good on something like a miata with a lot of curves to ensure you're always getting the right angle. The bronco can look really flat from a bad angle.

That is very similar to 4Q. It was a hair darker, by recollection, but it had the gold metallic in it.

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
9/9/24 12:21 a.m.

Some of the molar cop cars from the late '70s - early 80s had an emerald green metallic I always thought look just right for green. 
Sane body had a royal blue metallic that was also just right for a dark blue. 
No help with a paint code, or photo chop!

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
9/9/24 12:29 a.m.

apparently, this is "candy pearl green apple over black" 

RichardNZ
RichardNZ GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/9/24 5:05 a.m.

Holden  Commodes had a very nice green for a bit 

Turbine
Turbine GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/9/24 8:00 a.m.

Lexus Nori Green Pearl. There's a guy that I follow on instagram with a JZX100 painted in this color. It looks fantastic.

Paris Van Gorder
Paris Van Gorder Associate editor
9/9/24 9:28 a.m.

In reply to Turbine :

That type of green is probably one of my favorites, it's one of those well done greens that while it pops, isn't in your face.  Nori Green Pearl and Highland Green are two of my favorite shades.

Ford Mustang bullitt 1968 highland green

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/9/24 9:51 a.m.
lownslow said:
Wxdude10 - Mike said:

I've always been partial to the C3's Elkhart Green.  Especially with tan or brown interiors. 

This ^^^^^

I had my El Camino painted Elkhart Green and I love it. It gets compliments specifically on the color all the time. 

golfduke
golfduke Dork
9/9/24 10:00 a.m.

This is KPMF green black iridescent.  It's a little darker when not in dorect sunlight... 

psteav (Forum Supporter)
psteav (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/9/24 11:05 a.m.

Not sure how it would look on an NB, but Dodge F8 Green is one I like a lot

Scott_H
Scott_H Reader
9/9/24 12:46 p.m.

Chicago

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/9/24 12:52 p.m.

My favorite green color of all time....

Weirdly, it looks blue all of the time.

cyow5
cyow5 Reader
9/9/24 1:03 p.m.

Kawasaki Green! I wanted something that popped without needing pearls or flakes, so that's why I landed on this one. Super forgiving to lay down and easy to match later on. 

10001110101 Reader
9/9/24 1:55 p.m.

Audi Azores green. Dark in the shade, pops really well in the sun. LX6S

fusion66
fusion66 Reader
9/9/24 2:34 p.m.

Another look at the current Ford green, "Eruption Green".

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/9/24 2:41 p.m.
cyow5 said:

Kawasaki Green! I wanted something that popped without needing pearls or flakes, so that's why I landed on this one. Super forgiving to lay down and easy to match later on. 

Both great qualities in a car that's going to get well-used

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/12/24 6:50 p.m.

While looking at Cadillac Cinnamon Firemist I found 

Nottingham Green Firemist

Color Code: 96 (1970)

buzzboy
buzzboy UltraDork
9/12/24 9:19 p.m.

My other favorite option

RacetruckRon
RacetruckRon GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/13/24 8:02 a.m.

Calypso Green - one of the best colors to come out of the 90s.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
9/13/24 9:11 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

In your other thread about photo shopping, you added this Corvette Gray.  That thread is about artwork...this thread is about opinions so I posted here.  

In my opinion, do not paint a low slung car like a Miata in the same color as pavement.  Its hard enough to be seen in a bright Miata.  Now, make it the same color as the road and you'll have vehicles pulling out and making left turns in front of you.   Similar answer for the Volvo gray-blue you asked about also.  I like the Bowling Green best of those choices.  

Dusterbd13-michael
9/13/24 10:03 a.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

You're not entirely wrong John. Part of the problem here is in my area unless it is almost a neon color nobody takes notice. Miatas are less noticeable and motorcycles here. However I do agree with what you're saying especially if this was a daily. I think the metal flake will make it a little more noticeable however because it'll shine in the Sun and catch people's attention

cyow5
cyow5 Reader
9/13/24 10:35 a.m.
P3PPY said:

Both great qualities in a car that's going to get well-used

Yup, that was a major factor. As well as this being the first time I every tried painting, haha

cyow5
cyow5 Reader
9/13/24 10:38 a.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

In reply to John Welsh :

You're not entirely wrong John. Part of the problem here is in my area unless it is almost a neon color nobody takes notice. Miatas are less noticeable and motorcycles here. However I do agree with what you're saying especially if this was a daily. I think the metal flake will make it a little more noticeable however because it'll shine in the Sun and catch people's attention

Are you looking for safety? If so, my wager is that color is extremely ineffective. The only study I have found was 10 or 15 years old, and I suspect that cell phone use has ticked up significantly since then. The problem with staring at your phone while driving is that the color of the car you hit is totally irrelevant. Color was already a very poor correlation with safety (barring colors that blended into the pavement), but I imagine that correlation has gotten even worse in the last ten years. 

Dusterbd13-michael
9/13/24 10:40 a.m.

In reply to cyow5 :

Nope. I'm looking for cool, makes my pants tight, etc. 

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mMct0zFRA53pkGJe9jevJMi6hLpTM1gxrcUMfGrY4N1JR1097JL3mgtIg4dSUnpd