1 2 3
NOHOME
NOHOME PowerDork
3/11/17 11:47 a.m.

Go to Carl's page if you want to learn about MGB rust repair. I know he used to teach the subject not sure if that is still a thing.

Carl does not know this, but early on I poached a lot of what I know about MGB repair from his site. I probably owe him the cost of the course! To have him endorse my work is a compliment. Thank you.

cmcgregor
cmcgregor Dork
3/11/17 1:11 p.m.

NOHOME, is your car listed anywhere for purposes of easy ogling?

NOHOME
NOHOME PowerDork
3/11/17 2:06 p.m.
cmcgregor wrote: NOHOME, is your car listed anywhere for purposes of easy ogling?

Not really since I have not really gotten serious about selling it and right now it is in the unheated front garage. I would want to have pics of the sills and underside for a proper add.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2663062/1967-mg-mgb/photo-gallery/

My thought process was that I would drive it to the Ancaster show this year (big local Brit show) and put it in the coral.

There are some random pics on Cardomain. The car was in transition from being a track day car back to a stock street driver. A sales pitch for the car would be

ALL exterior tin except for the roof and tailgate are replaced.

New front suspension and kingpins

New carpets and rubber sill covers

Center-lock alloy wheels

4 link coil over rear suspension

Custom leather seats

3 synch overdrive gearbox

Paint is good to go.

The engine compartment is representative of the rest of the car. Went back to SU carbs since this picture.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/11/17 4:30 p.m.
Carl Heideman wrote:
Keith Tanner wrote:
Carl Heideman wrote: Regarding the Miata suspension swap, I've had several people send me pictures that look like the ones that Keith linked to. I've never seen a finished one. The Miata track width is much wider, the packaging is tricky, and it would take more than just flares to make things look good in the end.
Carl, my car (the black one with the Golf flares) has Miata track width. Stock Miata wheels and near-stock tire sizes - I definitely can't go wider without more metal work.
Sorry, I stand corrected...Keith's is the only one I've seen finished. It's been long time since I've read his build thread and for some reason I thought he'd narrowed it a couple of inches. He nailed it and I too like the Golf flares.

Thanks Carl. I've only got Miata suspension up front, the rear is a Blazer axle chosen because it matched the Miata track width. So it's not Miata rear suspension, but other than a lack of negative camber it's exactly what it would look like.

BlueInGreen44
BlueInGreen44 Dork
3/11/17 4:53 p.m.

Mmm, MGB-GTs, the sexiest of the MGs. I've enjoyed the pics in the thread.

Apis Mellifera
Apis Mellifera HalfDork
3/11/17 6:28 p.m.

Well, I guess this is a good time for my periodic, half-hearted sales attempt.

My '74 is still available. MGB GT

I did not buy the Torino.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
3/11/17 7:15 p.m.
Apis Mellifera wrote: Well, I guess this is a good time for my periodic, half-hearted sales attempt. My '74 is still available. MGB GT I did not buy the Torino.

I can't believe it didn't sell.

Apis Mellifera
Apis Mellifera HalfDork
3/11/17 9:23 p.m.

Probably due to poor salesmanship.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi UberDork
3/12/17 8:07 a.m.

I still want it, every time it comes back up I don't have any money.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
3/12/17 11:14 a.m.

I have the stupid money. I have no room.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/12/17 11:37 a.m.

These excuses are boring. C'mon, as a group we can come up with elaborate justifications for why we need to buy some oddball car. I expect to see the same effort put into why we cannot.

759NRNG
759NRNG New Reader
3/12/17 6:19 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner: found your 'slowcarfast' site....inspiration for my '73 B/GT thanks

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi UberDork
3/12/17 8:11 p.m.
Keith Tanner wrote: These excuses are boring. C'mon, as a group we can come up with elaborate justifications for why we need to buy some oddball car. I expect to see the same effort put into why we cannot.

photo 09091B7F-54BD-4B62-B652-1D413DC60947_zps6boe7eof.jpg Main reasons...

wspohn
wspohn HalfDork
3/14/17 2:54 p.m.

I like the MGB GT a lot - nice tight civilized touring car. I would not mod it with a different engine, although I would fit it with 5.5"-6" wheels (I run 6" Dayton wires on my Jamaican MGA that would look good on the GT, with mild flairs).

And then there is always the MGC GT, but they are too rare to butcher (even though the engine bay begs for a Toyota 2JZ or a modern small block Ford.....)

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/14/17 3:05 p.m.
wspohn wrote: I like the MGB GT a lot - nice tight civilized touring car. I would not mod it with a different engine

I have two engines to sell you then. CHEAP!

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero UltraDork
3/14/17 10:28 p.m.
Apis Mellifera wrote: Well, I guess this is a good time for my periodic, half-hearted sales attempt. My '74 is still available. MGB GT I did not buy the Torino.

Oh that is nice looking GT!

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed SuperDork
3/15/17 6:03 a.m.

Wow, just a beautiful classic shape. I never get tired of looking at them.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BgG0zZNyobo9OcQkdgHduJKu8cgHHCpeCXeEveFdML3D7aboE2VbmAT6pZZWDJ6H