1 2 3 4 ... 6
Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/19/18 2:07 p.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

Falcon.  They were pretty popular as dirt cars when the supply of post war coupes and coaches started drying up.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/19/18 2:10 p.m.

In reply to Cooter :

Suprf1y
Suprf1y UltimaDork
5/19/18 2:21 p.m.

A G-body, or even better a previous gen Malibu, would lend itself well to that look on the street.  Wanted to build something like that for a long time

Cooter
Cooter SuperDork
5/19/18 2:28 p.m.

In reply to Wally :

Finn is one of ones who would demand an 01 on the doors. Just like he did with General Mayhem. 

MotorsportsGordon
MotorsportsGordon HalfDork
5/19/18 2:42 p.m.

A friend of mine has raced this car dating back to 1991. It was originally a 4 door valiant which they raced it as but they later turned into a 2 door dart. It now has a mirada nose on it. That was the biggest plastic nose he could find to put on it.

Cooter
Cooter SuperDork
5/19/18 2:54 p.m.

The 4 to 2 door conversion on a MoPar A body is much easier than even most MoPar guys would believe. Close to the same as a first gen B body, but cheaper. 

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
5/19/18 3:11 p.m.

I actually traded my first 2 vehicles to a guy who races a dirt modified bodied with 3rd gen firebirds. I prefer the local asphalt stock cars but theres something crazy about the amount of tire on a dirt modified 

Ransom
Ransom GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/19/18 3:32 p.m.
Wally said:

In reply to Cooter :

The second car was Charlie Jarzombek, one of my favorite drivers as a kid.

Making them turn right isn’t too hard;

I'm not sure it's making that look easy...

Jumping topics wildly...

Cooter
Cooter SuperDork
5/19/18 3:35 p.m.

In reply to Ransom :

That's tasty. Jump Approved yes

Ransom
5/19/18 3:41 p.m.

In reply to Cooter :

I was reading along rabidly and only just realized I'd forgotten I wasn't in the general hotlink thread... I'm glad you dig the Studebaker, and hope I haven't derailed the (awesome) primary theme!

Cooter
Cooter SuperDork
5/19/18 6:38 p.m.

I won't tell if you won't. wink

Ransom
5/19/18 6:42 p.m.

Back on track; maybe not the best looking or most exciting dirt modifieds (and, uh, not that modified...) but I used to think I was going to have a stab at the Pro 4 West regional series...

Or... "The most fun you can have in a Pinto"? (I know, no Pintos in the pic, but they were common when I was thinking about it)

Cooter
Cooter SuperDork
5/19/18 6:47 p.m.

Don't be so hard on yourself. I think that is a yellow Pinto in the background.  

Suprf1y
Suprf1y UltimaDork
5/19/18 6:48 p.m.

We have a pro 4 class locally but they only run on the paved tracks

Suprf1y
Suprf1y UltimaDork
5/19/18 6:56 p.m.

Some more local guys

A young Pete Bicknell

Suprf1y
Suprf1y UltimaDork
5/19/18 7:00 p.m.

See the #17 Pro 4 car? The VW on the ramp truck is the same guy. That mini stock class morphed into the Pro 4 modifieds because of him, Zdenec (Stan) Pokupec

The Falcon belonged to Kenny Andrews who ran a big performance shop locally.

Suprf1y
Suprf1y UltimaDork
5/19/18 7:22 p.m.

A really local guy (me)

MotorsportsGordon
MotorsportsGordon HalfDork
5/19/18 7:50 p.m.
Ransom said:

Back on track; maybe not the best looking or most exciting dirt modifieds (and, uh, not that modified...) but I used to think I was going to have a stab at the Pro 4 West regional series...

Or... "The most fun you can have in a Pinto"? (I know, no Pintos in the pic, but they were common when I was thinking about it)

In the ministock class here we have a guy that races this chevette. Yes it started out as a actuall chevette you see from the first year it raced

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
5/19/18 8:25 p.m.

Pretty sure I want a street car with nerf bars. 

Cooter
Cooter SuperDork
5/19/18 8:54 p.m.

Who wouldn't??

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/19/18 9:09 p.m.
Cooter said:

One of my good friends from about 1975 or so was Gene Nead (so was his father). His father ran Sportsmans at Bridgeport NJ and sometimes Nazareth. He had a ‘30s Chevy coupe #127, but after a bad wreck he quit racing and just built chassis for others. His frames got to be pretty well in demand. Gene Jr. grew up to be a crew chief in NASCAR trucks and Cup racing. When we were 10-12 we scratchbuilt our own copies with plastic tubing and square stock, using drivetrains, wheels, and body parts kitbashed from car models. 

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
5/19/18 9:55 p.m.

Loved the old dirt modified coupes.

Local dirt track hot shoe. 

They ran the coupe bodies into the 70's. He also ran a late model same night, musta been nirvana. Motordrome 70 when it was dirt. That era was the best dirt racing, before store bought chassis. 

Really surprised I didn't start on dirt, discovered road racing and D Sport, ain't no lookin' back. 

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/19/18 10:06 p.m.
noddaz said:

you mean like this?

I’ve seen this car.  Had the guy who owns it mount tires for me!

snailmont5oh
snailmont5oh Dork
5/20/18 1:30 a.m.

You guys really need to find your way to Bud Garvey's vintage race car show in Osceola, PA in July. 

Cooter
Cooter SuperDork
5/20/18 5:08 a.m.

That '74 Camaro needs a windsheild, lights, and a licence plate. 

fasted58 said:

1 2 3 4 ... 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
V3hG41F10OPwZXEwl3G92zsSED9cZIYbQEyMNZZYrxv18FpsE5C4MtpgR1DmnDRk