logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/18/12 10:06 a.m.

One week from today I make the 9 1/2 hour drive to Houghton for the Lake Superior Performance Rally. Anybody else going to LSPR?

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
10/18/12 10:09 a.m.

I went a couple years ago. When you get to copper harbor, there's this resteraunt that serves these meat pasty things. Get they're early. They run out, but DAMN are they good. IIRC that was d2

logdog
10/18/12 10:26 a.m.

Things have worked out in my favor this year. LSPR will be my fourth rally in 2012. I hit SnoDrift, Magnum Opus and STPR. This will be my first in Copper Country.

xflowgolf
xflowgolf Reader
10/18/12 10:26 a.m.

I'll be leaving from Grand Rapids early Thursday morning as well with a crew of 9 others.

logdog
10/18/12 10:27 a.m.
mndsm wrote: I went a couple years ago. When you get to copper harbor, there's this resteraunt that serves these meat pasty things. Get they're early. They run out, but DAMN are they good. IIRC that was d2

There are two things the UP is known for in the LP, fudge and pasties. Now if they could just combine them into one delicious dish...

logdog
10/18/12 10:50 a.m.
xflowgolf wrote: I'll be leaving from Grand Rapids early Thursday morning as well with a crew of 9 others.

Working the event or crewing for a team? Im signed up as a volunteer

xflowgolf
xflowgolf Reader
10/18/12 11:02 a.m.

we'll be volunteering for the event yes. Not affiliated with any team running.

RossD
RossD UberDork
10/18/12 11:06 a.m.

It's beautiful up in that area. Have fun!

logdog
10/25/12 5:57 a.m.

Todays the big day! I hope to leave soon so I can get up there with plenty of time to start checking out the cars running around town. I heard there would be a Subaru or two this rally!

Of course the fun part will be making to drive up there. I thing the only turn is the left after crossing the bridge.

logdog
10/25/12 5:59 a.m.
xflowgolf wrote: we'll be volunteering for the event yes. Not affiliated with any team running.

Maybe we will run into each other. I will be staying in Houghton at the Super 8 (classy!).

fidelity101
fidelity101 Reader
10/25/12 8:28 a.m.

I always refer to it as the upper-upper peninsula.

RossD
RossD UberDork
10/25/12 8:33 a.m.

There is probably a good base at the ski hill in Hancock.

logdog
10/25/12 1:58 p.m.

I have made it to Lake Superior. Im a little concerned about the rally actually happening because there appears to be some sort of giant Canadian warship on the horizon.

fidelity101
fidelity101 Reader
10/25/12 3:15 p.m.

be sure to visit the Gay bar.

emodspitfire
emodspitfire Reader
10/25/12 3:32 p.m.

Beer fans:

Check out the Ore dock brewery in Marquette. Keweynau brewery in Hoton is good too.

Rog

logdog
10/25/12 5:25 p.m.

First rally car sighting of the day for me.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce HalfDork
10/25/12 7:00 p.m.

Sitting in my dorm room in McNair hall watching the rally cars drive by. Oh to be a freshman again.
I should have spent less time studying calc and more time watching the rally.
Have fun in Houghton.

Maroon92
Maroon92 MegaDork
10/25/12 8:47 p.m.
logdog wrote: First rally car sighting of the day for me.

I've lost many TSD events to those guys. And slept on their couch once...

Nate's Flyin' Miata Westfield is insane fast.

fidelity101
fidelity101 Reader
10/26/12 8:02 a.m.
Maroon92 wrote:
logdog wrote: First rally car sighting of the day for me.
I've lost many TSD events to those guys. And slept on their couch once... Nate's Flyin' Miata Westfield is insane fast.

He does real well in rallyX too, luckily I'm not in his class :)

Maroon92
Maroon92 MegaDork
10/26/12 12:40 p.m.

Yep. I rode along in Nate's old impreza Outback Sport, and he could really hustle it. Never competed against him, though. I was always in Prepared Rear.

logdog
10/26/12 1:07 p.m.

A few pics from Parc Expose

logdog
10/26/12 1:10 p.m.

A few more

The local roller derby club was selling cold soup. I only bought it because a fool and his money are soon parted. Plus the girls were cute.

My car is dirty and is the Rallye package. So it counts right?

fidelity101
fidelity101 Reader
10/26/12 1:34 p.m.

yes the cosworth capri is there! also the datsun 510 with a 240sx engine, easy reliable way to increase the power on that thing without breaking bank. I wish I didn't use all my paid time off this year or I would be there for that.

xflowgolf
xflowgolf Reader
10/29/12 10:31 a.m.

was definitely a good time. I helped marshall the Bob Lake stage, as well as the gravel pit on Friday. Saturday we just spectated and checked out service in L'anse.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2YgW3z9gV9W2bjl6duMmSh0xFoW80Ir9YL5hx39nibcYAoz1NW7JTdHupR8HYNsb