1 2 3
motomoron
motomoron Dork
9/5/13 11:13 p.m.

The Extremely Well Funded Team I beat last weekend at Summit Point leave space in the already overcrowded paddock (Next to their brand new Radical branded 53' stacker w/ Volvo Semi, 3ea $100k+ new Radicals and custom Prevost bus) for their Equallly Well Funded Friends to park their peniz substitutes.

All weekend, at any given moment there was about a million dollars in cars parked the the 4 or so spaces.

Over the weekend I saw:

• A brand new, carbon fiber encrusted 458.

• A nearly new McLaren.

• An R8.

• What appeared to be a real Shelby Cobra.

• A Benz SLS AMG.

...And some plebian commuter cars like an A8L and a S65 AMG.

Living in the DC area, I see rich douchebags with very expensive cars all the time. None of them can drive their way out of a wet paper sack, either.

Honestly, I'd take the McLaren, but it'd sold in pretty short order.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe Dork
9/5/13 11:24 p.m.

Been in both, I would take the 458 if it was somebody else money.

MP4-12c if it was my cash and it would take a real special color combo and option list to get me to put my money down.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
9/5/13 11:28 p.m.

I have seen both the Ferrari and McLaren in person but never got to drive or sit in them.

The 458 is a prettier car, but I would rather have the McLaren Something just seems magical about it.

nderwater
nderwater UberDork
9/5/13 11:31 p.m.

Funny how polar most of the opinions are (including mine). I'm totally willing to reconsider though if you're willing to let me test drive the pair ;)

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
9/5/13 11:36 p.m.

If I was in the market for one nderwater I would.

But just to make it GRM it would have to be in Atlanta

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/6/13 7:50 a.m.

I like the MP4 but it has a big but compared to the 458. Aesthetically the 458 to me is a better looking car. More balance to it. Get that MP4 on a stair master and trim down its back side and it would be a tossup. This is after all like comparing supper models. You don't loose with either.

The performance #'s for these cars is meaningless. The reality is I am not good enough a driver to test the limits of either of them. The #'s are important to guys that have smaller.. . . .. egos.

And then there is the sound. The sound of a 458 (or most any Ferrari) at full song going through the gears is just fantastic.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer UltimaDork
9/6/13 9:01 a.m.

Well... Ferrari it is for me.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1boVrqM0EHOYxEdS08ot6SBZKEA5Y8IL8x8JarkuOqHmLOErx1UR3CluZA2SEcU0