bbursey
bbursey New Reader
1/1/15 7:24 p.m.

Hi -

I've got a new-to-me '91 Spec Miata that I'm building up for Targa Newfoundland. I've got Corbeau FX1 Pro seats on order and was wonder what seat brackets I could use. From a previous thread, the brackets in the photo below look brilliant - functional but minimalist. Does anyone recognize these as being commercially available?

I've also looked at Pro Car Innovations (one piece, quite expensive) and JB-Fab.com (from the UK) as options. Unfortunately, I don't have any fabrication capability.

Thanks,

carbon
carbon Dork
1/1/15 7:29 p.m.

Make up a template, bend some sheet 90 degrees and drill some holes?

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/1/15 7:35 p.m.

Those aren't Miata-specific. The rear mounts don't line up. So they wouldn't work as-is. Fabrication would be required to use them.

Planted makes some good ones that will bolt in. There are no good, cheap options. Anyone who makes a relatively niche product like this usually wants to be paid for it. The Planted ones run $220 per side for a fixed mount, about the same for sliders. If you think the Pro-Car ones are too expensive, you'll have to make your own.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/1/15 7:38 p.m.

I really liked the Garage Star mounts I had on my NA. They're a very good fit, good quality and the owner of the place is great to deal with.

Nope, they ain't cheap, but flying through the windshield because the cheapo seat mounts gave in isn't recommended beauty therapy either.

Lancer007
Lancer007 Dork
1/1/15 7:39 p.m.

I have planted brackets in my car (not a miata though) and while they are pricey, mine were very good quality pieces and bolted in perfectly.

tr8todd
tr8todd HalfDork
1/1/15 7:43 p.m.

I've used TR7 seat sliders in several spec Miatas with Kirkey aluminum seats and it works out very well. Extremely low profile and easy to adjust the width. They work out great in enduro and chump cars where you need to adjust the seat for different sized drivers. Probably have a dozen or so in the garage if you think you might want to go that route.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LQNis71sIpRAh9Ni3tNOdLLW6tuGqoOZFG9SMj1YFcmNC8VGPh00DuwoV60aNxo8