1 ... 3 4 5
singleslammer
singleslammer HalfDork
10/29/12 12:52 p.m.

In reply to 92CelicaHalfTrac:

Sweet! I may need some flares for the starlet if the suspension sticks out a little.

z31maniac
z31maniac PowerDork
10/29/12 1:25 p.m.
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote:
z31maniac wrote:
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote:
Spoolpigeon wrote: In reply to 92CelicaHalfTrac: Damn son! That ain't too bad! Just put the Robbins top on it. You've already got it and they're easy to install. Put that truck motor in it
I'm gonna need to figure out how to get some 245s or bigger under this thing...
It's already got flares.......
It's got the "small" Autokonexion flares, though. That said, i could just rivet on the "large" style flares using the same holes. Was speaking more from a diameter issue, though. While i'll have the torque available that fitting much larger diameter tires from stock is not a big deal... i also don't want it to look stupid. And really... i doubt those particular flares will be staying long. This is more like what i have in mind: http://thenaritadogfight.com/2012/10/16/feature-autokonexion-miata-we-heard-you-liked-carbon/

How much room do those flares add? I may be interested in taking them off your hands when you are done with them.

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac MegaDork
10/29/12 1:28 p.m.
z31maniac wrote:
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote:
z31maniac wrote:
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote:
Spoolpigeon wrote: In reply to 92CelicaHalfTrac: Damn son! That ain't too bad! Just put the Robbins top on it. You've already got it and they're easy to install. Put that truck motor in it
I'm gonna need to figure out how to get some 245s or bigger under this thing...
It's already got flares.......
It's got the "small" Autokonexion flares, though. That said, i could just rivet on the "large" style flares using the same holes. Was speaking more from a diameter issue, though. While i'll have the torque available that fitting much larger diameter tires from stock is not a big deal... i also don't want it to look stupid. And really... i doubt those particular flares will be staying long. This is more like what i have in mind: http://thenaritadogfight.com/2012/10/16/feature-autokonexion-miata-we-heard-you-liked-carbon/
How much room do those flares add? I may be interested in taking them off your hands when you are done with them.

Easily enough for 15x9 6ULs with 225/45 RS3s. I think they're 20mm.

z31maniac
z31maniac PowerDork
10/29/12 1:30 p.m.

Hmmm, I think that setup fits with good camber under pulled stock fenders........but that would allow some spacers for extra cool factor.

Either way, shoot me an email when you're ready to get rid of them.

92CelicaHalfTrac
10/29/12 1:37 p.m.
z31maniac wrote: Hmmm, I think that setup fits with good camber under pulled stock fenders........but that would allow some spacers for extra cool factor. Either way, shoot me an email when you're ready to get rid of them.

It'll probably be around the time you're doing your 1.8 swap, but will do.

92CelicaHalfTrac
11/19/12 9:35 a.m.

The other half of the equation has been procured.

Yes, i know it's a terrible picture. Better ones will come as i tear it apart and crush it.

92CelicaHalfTrac
11/26/12 9:37 a.m.

The official unveiling of the donor (Many thanks to Garaithon on here.)

It's hideous, it's hammered, it's badly molested, but it runs like a bat out of hell. This thing is seriously quick.

singleslammer
singleslammer HalfDork
11/26/12 10:04 a.m.

Are those rear windows spray painted?

92CelicaHalfTrac
11/26/12 10:08 a.m.

They aren't windows anymore. They appear to be sheets of aluminum screwed into the body and then yes... spray painted.

yamaha
yamaha Dork
11/26/12 10:46 a.m.

Thats AWESOME, can we paint your good one with plastidip to look like the A-team van?

92CelicaHalfTrac
11/26/12 12:40 p.m.

I'm thinking this thing might need to get thrashed as hard as possible at a rallycross before i crush it.

cghstang
cghstang HalfDork
11/26/12 12:52 p.m.

This Saturday. WOR SCCA RallyCross. Waynesville, OH. Be there.

92CelicaHalfTrac
11/26/12 12:53 p.m.
cghstang wrote: This Saturday. WOR SCCA RallyCross. Waynesville, OH. Be there.

I need something local, unfortunately. I thought there was a december event around these parts? I can't drive this very far for some somewhat obvious reasons, and it doesn't have valid plates. (Nor will it ever.)

1 ... 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yAwRyGgdzQPeriA5zEX2CDTBESkPznOotlsTBgQii0Nkp3CyhQa5rlZuTsV3c1vk