1 2
Basil Exposition
Basil Exposition New Reader
3/12/10 8:57 a.m.
ultraclyde wrote: I live too far from a dealer to know, and we bought used so no freebie service anyway. Most local dealers are idiots as are the shops, so I do most of my own work. I have found a couple good folks for the stuff I can't do. I treat them well because they do the same for me. For the uninitiated, the sensor wears through and then has to be replaced. The pads don't have any sort of squealers, and the back pads wore out WAY before the fronts. You also (on the 05s) only get a right rear and left front sensor. So, if you're unlucky enough to have an uneven wear problem, you'll eat a rotor before you know it. But that's okay because the rotors should be replaced every time you change pads anyway. The sole function of the sensor is to keep the dash light turned off. neat, huh? Love our MINI.

There's another interesting dealer item. When they replaced my pads under warranty they didn't replace or even surface the rotors "because they were in spec." How much you wanna bet that they would have insisted I replaced my rotors if I was paying for it??

ultraclyde
ultraclyde Reader
3/12/10 9:29 a.m.

I will admit that my statement was based on personal experience, not any kind of manufacturer guidance. Having said that, you're dead right that you would have been replacing them if you were footing the bill.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tMVDZ342hX3wv0pIhLg9eFp3ZUmthOJYsoGo4xBTQ67dIFrzY2bo0lniHQpeDWth