1 ... 5 6 7 8
BenB (Forum Supporter)
BenB (Forum Supporter) Reader
7/23/20 9:26 a.m.
ddavidv said:

Though I don't mind (and often like) the 'theme' builds my model building tastes are pretty narrow. I'll build along but may not participate in the theme of the month. If that makes me ineligible for a 'win' I'm okay with it. I just like the motivation to get stuff done on a timetable.

That's where I am, too. I have fairly narrow tastes in car modeling,  but I do enjoy seeing what everyone is doing and getting a little motivation to build something. These builds have really helped reduce the size of my model stash. I need to find a similar one to reduce the size of my airplane stash, too! smiley

Saron81
Saron81 HalfDork
7/23/20 9:49 a.m.

I can volunteer to host the next round, but I only have one prize to give away: 

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/23/20 10:10 a.m.

In reply to Saron81 :

I was given these two kits not long ago:  

If you host I will put one of them up as a prize. 

Javelin (Forum Supporter)
Javelin (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/23/20 10:45 a.m.

In reply to Saron81 :

That's such a nice kit!

7/23/20 10:45 a.m.

In reply to Aaron_King :

Those are really nice kits, too!

BenB (Forum Supporter)
BenB (Forum Supporter) Reader
7/23/20 11:32 a.m.

I can volunteer a Revell Reynard in Shell livery for the prize pile if you need another kit. It's I started and parts are still in the bags.

Saron81
Saron81 HalfDork
7/23/20 11:55 a.m.

In reply to Javelin (Forum Supporter) :

I figured I'd probably never actually build it... and have really enjoyed following the builds here. It looks like we have a pretty good prize selection to go then! 
Let me know what I have to do to host. 

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 SuperDork
7/23/20 3:14 p.m.

I have been pretty quite here. I simply cannot build when the weather is 85+ and humid, my build bench is in an un-airconditioned part of the house. Thus zero progress on any model work in the last 3 weeks. Still watching though!

ddavidv
ddavidv PowerDork
7/23/20 5:06 p.m.

That Boss 429 shall be mine. devil

It's unfortunate that I sold off all but two of my kits a few years ago. With the cancellation of every car and toy show I probably won't find anything at a swap meet to offer up as a prize. I will check at Carlisle next week. Though I only browse Fords on Ebay I'm not finding anything much under regular retail price. Sometimes the unloved cheap crap kits can be hidden gems.

I have one non-Ford kit I've been clinging to for probably two decades that will be the next build. Even scarier, it's an MPC kit. If you followed the '73 Trans Am Mustang build you know how much I love MPC's classics. This one is actually darn nice though; almost Revell quality. No hints!

ZackM
ZackM
7/23/20 5:46 p.m.

Just got signed up over here. I am just about everywhere else. 

Michael has been sharing some of the stuff going on in these threads and I though i better get involved, I will dig up a kit for a giveaway to keep things rolling as well!

Zack

7/23/20 9:19 p.m.

In reply to ZackM :

Good to have you here!

slowbird
slowbird SuperDork
7/24/20 11:57 a.m.

It's been gently suggested to me that I probably ought to finish a few more builds before I buy any more kits. Maybe I should start giving y'all some kits just so I can see them get built. devil

Saron81
Saron81 HalfDork
7/24/20 1:11 p.m.
slowbird said:

It's been gently suggested to me that I probably ought to finish a few more builds before I buy any more kits. Maybe I should start giving y'all some kits just so I can see them get built. devil

Sign me up, lol. 

Any suggestions for the next rounds subject matter? Was thinking race cars of all kinds...

ZackM
ZackM New Reader
7/24/20 2:52 p.m.

Mail call! 

I just got these two in today.......

Zack

solfly
solfly HalfDork
7/24/20 3:42 p.m.

I don't have any. Going to order from Prime once we have a genre. There's a neat 70s GMC plow truck I almost pulled the trigger on. Maybe a freestyle round?

ZackM
ZackM New Reader
7/24/20 3:48 p.m.
solfly said:

I don't have any. Going to order from Prime once we have a genre. There's a neat 70s GMC plow truck I almost pulled the trigger on. Maybe a freestyle round?

I just troll the FB live auctions late at night usually. I got both these kits for like 23 shipped by just hanging out and placing low bids. Plus watching them is entertaining when I am working away on something. 

Zack

solfly
solfly HalfDork
7/24/20 3:49 p.m.

Oh I think i have a 60-66 Chevy truck thats been partially built since roughly 2000 at my parents. Maybe ill see if that and my other stuff is around.

ddavidv
ddavidv PowerDork
7/24/20 4:04 p.m.

Guys with parts boxes:  I am seeking a 3 spoke 'truck' steering wheel like would be on a military truck, Jeep or old pickup. Very plain. I will swap you something out of my meager parts stash or give cash or whatever. It's an important piece to the puzzle of my (likely) next build.

Saron81
Saron81 HalfDork
7/24/20 5:21 p.m.

In reply to ddavidv :

NASCAR steering wheel work? 

solfly
solfly HalfDork
7/24/20 6:50 p.m.

Didn't find the 60-66 Chevy but did find a bunch of done ones from way back. A bunch are broken and mangled by 20 years ago me. Did find an unbuilt 71 hemi cuda. A tri 5 Chevy thats not broken but very dirty. A Porsche with a 350 and a 80s stepside Chevy with a dragster engine and a few others that are in various states of disrepair. Did find an sho taurus like the one someone stole the engine from on here. I'll bring a tote next week and grab everything.

ddavidv
ddavidv PowerDork
7/25/20 6:43 a.m.
Saron81 said:

In reply to ddavidv :

NASCAR steering wheel work? 

Maybe. What I'm seeking is something like this:

solfly
solfly HalfDork
7/25/20 1:42 p.m.

Found the 60 truck here. Decent paint. 1/2 assembled. Probably a good practice build.

slowbird
slowbird SuperDork
7/25/20 10:10 p.m.

In reply to ddavidv :

I've got a steering wheel that looks like that, but it's from an old big rig. It's slightly broken on one spoke, but repairable, and it's about 21-22 scale inches in diameter; I don't know if that's too big for what you're planning, but it's yours if you want it. (I'm certainly never going to use it; it's from the remaining half of a GMC Astro kit that sat in our basement for 20 years)

ddavidv
ddavidv PowerDork
7/26/20 6:57 a.m.

I like the cut of your jib. I think I could use that. The break doesn't bother me. I'll send a PM.

ZackM
ZackM New Reader
7/27/20 10:31 a.m.

I knocked out a solid 2 day build while the weather was still cool enough around here to do so. 

I really have been wanting to build a "short track" style street car. So that is kinda what I went with on this AMT Galaxie. f

Unfortunately I tried a floor polis clear for the first time, and it turned out horribly. (I think the slight polishing compound I had already put on screwed with it). So it is a solid one footer at this point. It will look good on the shelf, and down the road I will pull the body and do a re-spray. 

I started another, but unfortunately the weather will keep me from painting for a few days I think. 

Zack

1 ... 5 6 7 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tGJ4JyEJHwKRRK7o2EeUwIYUFZEsIx12BOrccOeURUEJxPfT4lONy5i6svIh6MRH