1 2 3 ... 7
FifthGear2014
FifthGear2014 New Reader
2/4/14 4:36 p.m.

My Car that im getting for my 16th birthday coming up already got the car and i love it i just need some help on how to make it run better faster be sportier its a 2006 Toyota Corolla LE and it only has 33,000 miles on it, But yea anyone please give me some ideas..

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/4/14 4:40 p.m.

I'd second the suggestion for different wheels & tires and then suspension from the other thread.

And we can still see the C4 Corvette parked next to your Corolla

FifthGear2014
FifthGear2014 New Reader
2/4/14 4:42 p.m.

Its forsale if you want to buy it lol and i figured id make another thread cause i couldnt see it anymore lol so ho do i install a different suspension?

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
2/4/14 4:45 p.m.

Vinyl stickers will make your car run faster and jump higher!

FifthGear2014
FifthGear2014 New Reader
2/4/14 4:47 p.m.

Lol im being serious here guys

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
2/4/14 4:48 p.m.
FifthGear2014 wrote: i figured id make another thread cause i couldnt see it anymore

At the top of the main forum page select "your posts" to the right.

FifthGear2014
FifthGear2014 New Reader
2/4/14 4:50 p.m.

lol how do i install new suspension? should i lower the car to

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/4/14 4:51 p.m.

Actually selling it might not be a bad idea. You could get something with a lot more potential, better aftermarket support and less weight, like maybe an EG Civic or a 7th-gen Celica.

You can go to Page 2 (and so on) at the bottom of the topic list to see older threads.

FifthGear2014
FifthGear2014 New Reader
2/4/14 4:52 p.m.

Well im actually gonna trade it in on a used 2010-2012 mustang lol idk what im gonna do

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
2/4/14 4:55 p.m.

The car will be worth more to a buyer or for a trade-in if you don't modify anything.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory Dork
2/4/14 4:56 p.m.

Just maintain it really well (and you'll be ahead of most car owners let alone young ones) and upgrade when stuff needs to be replaced: tires, struts, bushings, pads etc.

FifthGear2014
FifthGear2014 New Reader
2/4/14 4:59 p.m.

Yes i will maintain it really well im excited about trading it in to what year mustang do you all think i should get?

t25torx
t25torx Reader
2/4/14 5:03 p.m.

Ugh... wow. You went from "help me make it fast" to "I'm going to trade it for a Mustang" then back to "I don't know what I'm going to do" all in the span of 15 minutes. Take your Ritalin and calm the berk down. You're almost 16, you need the slowest car possible, because with the attention span I see here your just going to rear-end someone while texting about "lol idk omg jk whatever". /facepalm

Normally I'm not such and ass (well maybe I am), but I think I just told you the best thing you can do for the car and yourself at this point.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
2/4/14 5:04 p.m.

Well it sounds like you want a 2010-2012. It will really come down to preference. I would prefer an 88 5.0 with a t-top (If not a 70's fastback).

You have a lot of options with mustangs. Their all good.

Torx, you're a big loveable ass...

FifthGear2014
FifthGear2014 New Reader
2/4/14 5:10 p.m.

Lol i know better then to not text and drive i would never do that and i dont want nor do i need the slowest car possible i want something fast mabey converitable i have no clue but if its anything i want it to be sporty, fast, agile, everything haha

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
2/4/14 5:15 p.m.

Fif, what torx is saying is chill. You're excited, hyper, and jumping all over the place with this conversation. One thing at a time brother! LOL

So what are we talking about? The car you just got or the car you want after it?

Matt B
Matt B SuperDork
2/4/14 5:20 p.m.

Beyond maybe wheels/tires I'd keep it as stock as possible for now. It's going to be easier to live with and have higher resale value in a few years when you're out of the highest-cost insurance demographic and ready to get something more exciting.

That said, you probably don't want to hear that and I didn't either at your age (sorry for using the "at your age" phrase ). So here's the advice that I wish I heard.

• Invest in tools, not go-fast/oooh-shiny parts
  • Learn some basic maintenance before even considering the big jobs (oil change, coolant flush, spark plugs, brake bleeding, brake pads/rotors, etc). You won't be able to do that stuff anyway without the necessary tools (see above).
  • Beyond maintenance items, there are some relatively easy jobs that make a real performance difference. A good set of performance brake pads come to mind (Hawk HPS, Axxis Ultimates, Porterfield R4S, etc). K&N style intakes are usually cake too.
fasted58
fasted58 PowerDork
2/4/14 5:22 p.m.
FifthGear2014 wrote: Well im actually gonna trade it in on a used 2010-2012 mustang lol idk what im gonna do

ahem... '11-'12, Coyote FTW

CGLockRacer
CGLockRacer GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/4/14 5:22 p.m.

Invest in a Teen survival school and some HPDEs before you modify the car. Learn to drive what you have and keep any speeding off of the street. You can upset much more powerful cars with good driving ON THE TRACK with a slow stock car. Just ask anyone here that tracks a stock powered Miata.

And ditch the hubcaps. Free and better looking.

t25torx
t25torx Reader
2/4/14 5:26 p.m.
FifthGear2014 wrote: Lol i know better then to not text and drive i would never do that and i dont want nor do i need the slowest car possible i want something fast mabey converitable i have no clue but if its anything i want it to be sporty, fast, agile, everything haha

I knew better than to speed on public roads.. But my 15 speeding tickets would say I didn't have a clue how to actually NOT speed. You asked for advice, you got it. A 1995 Geo Metro is the prefect car you.

Matt B
Matt B SuperDork
2/4/14 5:26 p.m.

Whoa, the Mustang conversation went from zero to omgwtfbqq in nothing flat. If my hint about the insurance wasn't clear enough, I'd check your rates on Mustang before you get your hopes up (when I was 16, I remember them wanting $3K/month in 1995 money).

FifthGear2014
FifthGear2014 New Reader
2/4/14 5:37 p.m.

yea i can afford insurance once i get the job that im going to be applying for real soon. lol and idk i know some back roads where i can get away with it in the middle of no where.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
2/4/14 5:39 p.m.

In reply to FifthGear2014:

I wish I could find a job like that. I'm getting my fourth this month.
Keep it on the track. Back roads only get kids killed around here. No joke.

FifthGear2014
FifthGear2014 New Reader
2/4/14 5:47 p.m.

I know but im with friends and were not that stupid we just go really well not really fast just about 60 or so 40 or 50 when doing hair pin turns with the hand break.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
2/4/14 5:49 p.m.
N Sperlo wrote: Keep it on the track. Back roads only get kids killed around here. No joke.

QFT

1 2 3 ... 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Vo1fI54mitjoJtB1OehGlBs1cBSyYQNreAuOukp1zoBQ32MlTkEwZm5rSIqRsE28