Carson
Carson HalfDork
1/7/09 6:58 p.m.

Well, maybe not actually but it is healing itself!

My rear window had completely yellowed and then turned brown. No surprise, it's a 12 year old top, right?

Now the brown area that once covered the whole thing is shrinking, only about a 4" sections across the center. The yellow has returned where the brown was, and the corners are completely clear again!!!!1

The window feels more pliable than ever, too!

Weird! I can actually see out of it again for the first time in about a year!

m4ff3w
m4ff3w GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/7/09 7:24 p.m.

Carson
Carson HalfDork
1/7/09 7:31 p.m.

Haha, my wife asked me yesterday why I haven't named the Miata yet even though I've had it longer than any other car I've owned. I didn't have a good answer. Now I have a good name with good reason: Christine!

Will
Will New Reader
1/7/09 7:56 p.m.

Just a little note about the 1958 Plymouth Fury, the car from Christine: they weren't actually available in red, only Buckskin Beige. The Sport Belvedere, a similar model, was available in red, though.

belteshazzar
belteshazzar Dork
1/7/09 8:06 p.m.

well what the heck. I hate when there's a hole in the plot.

P71
P71 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/7/09 8:09 p.m.

That's why Christine was red, she was evil!

rustyvw
rustyvw GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/7/09 8:23 p.m.

I know I'll sound like a nerd, but I think in the book the original owner had Christine painted red after he bought her.

Appleseed
Appleseed Reader
1/8/09 1:21 a.m.

The book and the movie are vastly different. (What else is new?) The book has the car occasionally possessed by is evil owner. The movie, the car is just plain evil. In this case the movie is better.

Will
Will New Reader
1/8/09 8:28 a.m.
rustyvw wrote: I know I'll sound like a nerd, but I think in the book the original owner had Christine painted red after he bought her.

Could be, but in the movie she's red as she's rolling down the production line.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
OB7oARl0HSGaPEBz2elvBtgUrNYrNc0iC5MCYYThXeygwZl6GvqizhNRrD2sjM06