1 2 3 4
nicksta43
nicksta43 SuperDork
9/28/13 9:18 p.m.

I hope everyone who complained about the tail lights on Camaro's get a toe infection. Because of all the bitching now I get to look at this abortion

Saw it on the road for the first time the other day, absolutely horrible.

Give me these any day

I mean if I was driving one I wouldn't care, but I'm not, I have to look at the damn things. I hope you are happy.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid PowerDork
9/28/13 9:27 p.m.

I actually dig the new taillights. They are definitely more reminiscent of the '69 taillights.

The old ones didn't bother me, but the new ones don't either. Even if they look like Prelude taillights.

doc_speeder
doc_speeder Reader
9/28/13 10:11 p.m.

Sorry, I like em

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non Reader
9/28/13 10:17 p.m.

They are fine by me.

accordionfolder
accordionfolder Reader
9/28/13 10:24 p.m.

I dunno, but it looks damn good on the Z/28.

http://www.automobilemag.com/auto_shows/new_york/2013/1303_2014_chevrolet_camaro_z28/photo_15.html

LainfordExpress
LainfordExpress HalfDork
9/28/13 10:41 p.m.

When did calling something an "abortion" become an acceptable thing to say?

That's second or third time today I've read that turn of phrase. Not only is it vulgar, but it doesn't even make any sense. How can it be an abortion? It exists! It wasn't aborted, it was born.

No offense to the OP, just when the hell did this start being a thing?

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
9/28/13 10:45 p.m.

Abortion is never pretty.

Ergo: new Camaro tail lights.

nicksta43
nicksta43 SuperDork
9/28/13 11:28 p.m.

In reply to LainfordExpress:

In my mind it should have been aborted. Don't see how it's vulgar. Has nothing to do with killing unborn babies.

Run_Away
Run_Away GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/28/13 11:35 p.m.

I thought Lexus SC_00 when I opened the thread personally.

nicksta43
nicksta43 SuperDork
9/28/13 11:41 p.m.

Maybe I used the wrong word. When someone on the design team looked at the new tail lights they should have aborted the mission. Or whatever, I'm not fighting over the internet over the use of a standard phrase I hear everyday, ever listen to sport talk radio?

fasted58
fasted58 PowerDork
9/28/13 11:48 p.m.

looks ok to me, get used to it

Ford did a new look w/ the Mustang's tail lights as well as other areas, took a while to get used to them but fine w/ it now

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic SuperDork
9/28/13 11:52 p.m.

This is transitional, next it will have round taillights, to make up for Corvette's move to square.

In reply to iadr:

Then the car wouldn't have windows, you need to move the belt line down about 5 inches, resize the tires/arches to compensate and leave the roof be.

ransom
ransom GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/29/13 12:18 a.m.
LainfordExpress wrote: When did calling something an "abortion" become an acceptable thing to say? That's second or third time today I've read that turn of phrase. Not only is it vulgar, but it doesn't even make any sense. How can it be an abortion? It exists! It wasn't aborted, it was born. No offense to the OP, just when the hell did this start being a thing?

I've generally thought that folks are mistakenly substituting it for the word "aberration".

plance1
plance1 Dork
9/29/13 12:21 a.m.

Soooooo everyone hated the old tailights, GM then decides to seize upon this and make them a main part of their design language by screwing up the impala (even more than it was) and the corvette with this goofyness and then the get rid of it on the car that started it all and replace their hemroid lights with something even worse? Good job GM, good job. Hey, I hear Chris Bangle is looking for work, maybe you should call him to screw up your rear ends even more?

plance1
plance1 Dork
9/29/13 12:24 a.m.
LainfordExpress wrote: When did calling something an "abortion" become an acceptable thing to say? That's second or third time today I've read that turn of phrase. Not only is it vulgar, but it doesn't even make any sense. How can it be an abortion? It exists! It wasn't aborted, it was born. No offense to the OP, just when the hell did this start being a thing?

Its like when some moron started saying "my bad" when he did something wrong and all the kids picked up on it and started repeating it. Or when someone started saying something was "retarded" and everyone else copied. Thats what has happened with this whole "abortion" thing. Only serves to mainstream a pretty grisly and awlful procedure.

JKleiner
JKleiner Reader
9/29/13 7:31 a.m.
LainfordExpress wrote: When did calling something an "abortion" become an acceptable thing to say?............. No offense to the OP, just when the hell did this start being a thing?

Probably when someone lacked the pronunciation &/or spelling skills to use aberration

ab·er·ra·tion /ˌabəˈrāSHən/

noun: aberration;  1. a departure from what is normal, usual, or expected, typically one that is unwelcome.

mblommel
mblommel GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/29/13 8:30 a.m.

Blecch! I don't like the new rear at all. The front looks better though. At least we have the C7 rear lights that look great!

I guess it really doesn't matter anyway as the only way I'd be driving a new Camaro or Corvette is if GM gave me one for free with all taxes paid.

mndsm
mndsm UltimaDork
9/29/13 8:33 a.m.

I like the new bars over the square tails.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
9/29/13 8:41 a.m.

Thread crapping.

irish44j
irish44j UberDork
9/29/13 8:50 a.m.
Run_Away wrote: I thought Lexus SC_00 when I opened the thread personally.

Exactly what I thought. A boxy SC300.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/29/13 9:29 a.m.

I didn't mind the old ones, I don't think the new ones are that horrible...but I like the old ones better.

I don't even mind the square ones on the C7, it's the black area around them I don't like. If that area, or at least the vents outside the lights had been body color it would have been fine.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
9/29/13 11:05 a.m.

I have to paraphrase poopshovel on this one

"Jesus tapdancing christ. You know how some E36 M3 is funny until the mouth-breathing numbtard masses get hold of it? Yeah, the Retro Camaro tail section wasn't berkeleying attractive to begin with. Hope the guy responsible for this dies in a fire. Thanks, Your mom's butt-plug."

The0retical
The0retical HalfDork
9/29/13 12:58 p.m.

Sweet the lenses are discolored from the factory now no more waiting for them to yellow. I wonder if it comes with a free F-Body mullet.

Also it's heinous.

Hoop
Hoop SuperDork
9/29/13 2:11 p.m.

I rather like the new lights, they're certainly better than the innovatively-challenged ones they replace.

On the subject of etymology, one could argue that the OP did in fact use abortion correctly. Now, in contemporary parlance, the word has indeed been used to describe a medical process with which you may or may not agree, but according to the Merriam-Webster dictionary, 'abortion' can also be defined as:

arrest of development (as of a part or process) resulting in imperfection; also : a result of such arrest

So really, any negative reaction you may have to its usage here is simply the work of your own enculturation.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
9/29/13 4:00 p.m.
nicksta43 wrote:

It looks fine..

Oh wait that is the Prelude

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
R836AEdhKJRw1l54VBCurHVyh7FBQwBkRh65g6YRJfwbZcFIXcH5WeKj9GpgeQGV