1 2 3
aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
2/18/13 7:22 a.m.
4cylndrfury wrote: Its a step in the right direction. Gators gonna gate...

Agreed, damn thing is a 4 door, RWD, sedan with 415 hp and acceptable looks for a family man, yet you guys are still dumping on it.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltraDork
2/18/13 8:29 a.m.
aussiesmg wrote:
Agreed, damn thing is a 4 door, RWD, sedan with 415 hp and acceptable looks for a family man, yet you guys are still dumping on it.

The GM hate is strong in here. I love it. I'm still waiting on the first batch of Caprice's to get sold at auction here. I want myself a new(er) 9C1.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/18/13 12:01 p.m.

Love the car! It's like a 2nd gen Pontiac G8 GXP. It looks good, the powertrain is good, and the auto-only is fine, really. The name is the only dumb move, but some manufacturers are naming all of their cars QU-dumb (Infiniti), so that's small potatoes. I'd love to drive one!

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury UltimaDork
2/18/13 12:25 p.m.

just for posterity, thought Id post some images of the "ugly" car GM plans to release...tell me again how this is somehow less sexy than any one of the new jaguar/aston unremarkably vanilla bulbous monstrosities?

I thought the G8 was a damned sexy beast, and unfortunately, this is not a Chevy badged G8....but I still think its far more "badass" than chalk flavored blah:

bravenrace
bravenrace PowerDork
2/18/13 12:26 p.m.
aussiesmg wrote:

It's got a big ugly gold deal-breaker bowtie thingy on the front and back.

bravenrace
bravenrace PowerDork
2/18/13 12:27 p.m.

In reply to 4cylndrfury:

Seriously, those gold emblems kill the look. I'm nit picking, but why can't they go back to the more tasteful emblems they used to have (which were some of the best, IMO)?

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/18/13 12:28 p.m.

I only have a problem with the front bumper. Many problems with it, actually.

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo HalfDork
2/18/13 12:33 p.m.

Eh, I like it. It's not hideous by any stretch. But then again, I'm probably closer to a reformed ricer than most of ya'll. I <3 Veilside!

sachilles
sachilles SuperDork
2/18/13 12:34 p.m.

:shrug: I don't think it is half bad. Hard to tell on the auto, some are better than others. If it has some sort of sport mode it would be acceptable to many.

I'd drive one daily if given to me.

I'd be more concerned with how "big" in feels than the transmission choice.

novaderrik
novaderrik UltraDork
2/18/13 12:34 p.m.
4cylndrfury wrote: just for posterity, thought Id post some images of the "ugly" car GM plans to release...tell me again how this is somehow less sexy than any one of the new jaguar/aston unremarkably vanilla bulbous monstrosities?

looks fine, except for all the parts on the front and rear bumpers that they blacked out. why do they have to try to be all "bold" with the styling and put in what are supposed to look like scoops and vents, but are actually just holes in the fascia that are plugged with black plastic? it makes the car look ricerish and cheap- but i supposed they are going for the crowd that has just outgrown the ricer scene and can afford a "reaL car..

on a semi related note, i got an up close and personal look at my first Caprice PPV a couple of weeks ago... it was being sold as "used" at a Chevy dealer and only had 37 miles on it.. i never got inside it- the doors were locked and it was a sunday so no one was around- but i thought it looked too small and meek looking up close for something that is supposed to be an intimidating cop car. i've seen a couple of them "in the wild" in full cop car regalia, and they just don't have the same effect as a dressed up black and white Crown Vic.. which is weird- because i found a Pontiac G8 that was built on pretty much the same chassis and has most of the same dimensions to be perfectly sized and pretty mean looking. but maybe that's because a G8 isn't supposed to instill fear into the hearts of criminals so my expectations are set to a different point for it...

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte Dork
2/18/13 12:45 p.m.

In 1968 Chevrolet made a 427 SS Custom Coupe, not really an Impala SS .

tuna55
tuna55 UberDork
2/18/13 12:56 p.m.

do want. yes indeed-y. Will i be in the market for a good, full sized, four seater sometime in the next few decades? No.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltraDork
2/18/13 1:04 p.m.

This is making me rethink my coast to coast in 2 days car..... It was a Genesis Sedan R-spec before now. Now its a toss up for me.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
2/18/13 1:12 p.m.

I don't hate it.

I'm not in love, but i don't hate it.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/18/13 1:24 p.m.

You can't see the front end from behind the wheel. If it doesn't have the 100% fugly gauges of the Camaro, I am good with it.

tuna55
tuna55 UberDork
2/18/13 1:24 p.m.
Swank Force One wrote: I don't hate it. I'm not in love, but i don't hate it.

You'd love it if it had two F2Ts joined at the crank.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
2/18/13 1:29 p.m.
tuna55 wrote:
Swank Force One wrote: I don't hate it. I'm not in love, but i don't hate it.
You'd love it if it had two F2Ts joined at the crank.

Ehhh.... i dunno. I find it hard to love any new cars, to be honest. I've resigned myself to the fact that i don't like much modern styling.

Ranger50
Ranger50 UberDork
2/18/13 2:13 p.m.

Needs more Holden HSV and less Chevrolet.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltraDork
2/18/13 2:29 p.m.
Ranger50 wrote: Needs more IN MY GARAGE and less AT THE CHEVROLET DEALER.

Fixed for my needs.

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte Dork
2/18/13 2:36 p.m.

SSleeper

novaderrik
novaderrik UltraDork
2/18/13 3:10 p.m.
Ranger50 wrote: Needs more Holden HSV and less Chevrolet.

i'd be fine if it looked more like the Impala.. but they have to make it look more "sporty" to differentiate it from the boring fwd car that Chevy sells. and unfortunately, "sporty" seems to mean that they make it look like a 17 year old tacked a body kit onto it..

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltraDork
2/18/13 3:12 p.m.

I'm just not seeing the "tacked on body kit" a few have mentioned. The front and rear bumpers look to be one piece to me. A tacked on kit would have a lip kit that attached to the bumper and would look like a tacky add on. THis actually looks like it wa designed to be there.

But then again, I don't have blind GM hatred flowing through my veins either. I've seen good AND bad GM cars over the years.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury UltimaDork
2/18/13 3:15 p.m.
Bobzilla wrote: I'm just not seeing the "tacked on body kit" a few have mentioned. The front and rear bumpers look to be one piece to me. A tacked on kit would have a lip kit that attached to the bumper and would look like a tacky add on. THis actually looks like it wa designed to be there. But then again, I don't have blind GM hatred flowing through my veins either. I've seen good AND bad GM cars over the years.

Im with Bob - I really like the way the bottom of the bumper has molded "canards" at the bottom corners under the fogs, and I like the diffuser look of the rear bumper - a vast improvement over the more recent impalas. But Ive never followed the piper over the cliff...I mean unquestionably hated GM, either.

Kid: "I HATE broccoli"
mom: have you ever tried it?
Kid: "No, cuz its yucky"

...yeah

tuna55
tuna55 UberDork
2/18/13 3:22 p.m.
4cylndrfury wrote:
Bobzilla wrote: I'm just not seeing the "tacked on body kit" a few have mentioned. The front and rear bumpers look to be one piece to me. A tacked on kit would have a lip kit that attached to the bumper and would look like a tacky add on. THis actually looks like it wa designed to be there. But then again, I don't have blind GM hatred flowing through my veins either. I've seen good AND bad GM cars over the years.
Im with Bob - I really like the way the bottom of the bumper has molded "canards" at the bottom corners under the fogs, and I like the diffuser look of the rear bumper - a vast improvement over the more recent impalas. But Ive never followed the piper over the cliff...I mean unquestionably hated GM, either. Kid: "I HATE broccoli" mom: *have you ever tried it?* Kid: "No, cuz its yucky" ...yeah

DUDE my kids do that like every frickin' day

Ranger50
Ranger50 UberDork
2/18/13 3:26 p.m.
tuna55 wrote:
4cylndrfury wrote: Kid: "I HATE broccoli" mom: *have you ever tried it?* Kid: "No, cuz its yucky" ...yeah
DUDE my kids do that like every frickin' day

Same here....

As to the GM hate.... I don't exactly walk in lock step, but if it is the vehicle that fits my needs, I'm going to buy it. Same with every other manufacturer out there, except Toyota and Honda.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
l4lpDPjjfVuEeyNfrEJRqhknOfBATPi0AEICUpSdxX30fJk0gYmdcZ69iQ2N9Fxj