1 2 3
Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero Dork
2/18/13 3:26 p.m.
Bobzilla wrote:
Ranger50 wrote: Needs more IN MY GARAGE and less AT THE CHEVROLET DEALER.
Fixed for my needs.

+11ty

I would rock it if I did have a V in the driveway . . . 400+hp with four doors and great looks. . . E36 M3 yeah!!

bravenrace
bravenrace PowerDork
2/18/13 3:31 p.m.

You guys that want others to be more objective in their view of GM might want to try practicing what you preach. I re-read this thread and found two posts that if interpreted a certain way may sound like GM hate, but I'm not even sure about that. What I did read were posts that were positive, and some that were critical. You are going to get that with any vehicle. I don't know if this impression that if someone criticizes something they hate it comes from the over-reaching extreme political correctness in this country or not, but criticism isn't hate, folks. And given their past, you cannot blame anyone for taking a "proceed with caution" attitude with GM. It takes a lot longer to earn a good reputation than a bad one.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltraDork
2/18/13 3:32 p.m.

I'd love it with direct injection, variable valve timing and cylinder deactivation to get 30+mpg highway.... that would be one helluva vacation-mobile.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/18/13 4:36 p.m.
Bobzilla wrote: I'd love it with direct injection, variable valve timing and cylinder deactivation to get 30+mpg highway.... that would be one helluva vacation-mobile.

If they put the LT1 in it, the SS should do the 30MPG thing. That'd make a bad-ass 2nd year upgrade!

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltraDork
2/18/13 4:39 p.m.
bravenrace wrote: And given their past, you cannot blame anyone for taking a "proceed with caution" attitude with GM. It takes a lot longer get rid of a bad reputation than a good one.

FTFY

Flight Service
Flight Service PowerDork
2/18/13 4:41 p.m.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
2/18/13 4:57 p.m.

Here is the HSV version

http://www.hsv.com.au/e3/showroom/

Ranger50
Ranger50 UberDork
2/18/13 5:18 p.m.
aussiesmg wrote: Here is the HSV version http://www.hsv.com.au/e3/showroom/

Oh E36 M3... I spy a wagon... plus the Ute.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
2/18/13 5:21 p.m.
Ranger50 wrote:
Oh E36 M3... I spy a wagon... plus the Ute.

Ssssh, don't tell DrBoost

fidelity101
fidelity101 HalfDork
2/18/13 5:43 p.m.

I love the holden front end but oddly enough I like the chevy rear end better... Maybe we can do some sorta halvsies and MT. Too bad I still can't afford it.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave MegaDork
2/18/13 5:45 p.m.

I like it. I could see it being the "Dave wants an M5, but not a BMW" answer in a few years. Actually find it to be more attractive than the current CTS-V. I'd have to get over the automatic, which is not a given, but if I could, or if they give a manual, then it's a damn near obvious answer.

Ranger50
Ranger50 UberDork
2/18/13 5:49 p.m.

Oooooh.. .Alchemy, black wheels, and LPI......

Or maybe Chlorophyll.....

Volvo122
Volvo122 New Reader
2/18/13 6:45 p.m.

I so want!

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/18/13 6:45 p.m.

I save my hate'in for Toyota and Honda. I've always been a GM person, though the amount of "interesting" cars has gotten thin the last few years. I do like the new SS, just don't care for the front end. Rest of the car is fine. I'll take plain or boring long before gaudy or ugly. The GTO and G8 looked great to me!

The Holden VF seems much cleaner and neater. Just swap the on the Bowtie.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
2/18/13 7:40 p.m.

I wouldn't buy it but I am glad GM is making it.

novaderrik
novaderrik UltraDork
2/18/13 9:10 p.m.
Gearheadotaku wrote: I save my hate'in for Toyota and Honda. I've always been a GM person, though the amount of "interesting" cars has gotten thin the last few years. I do like the new SS, just don't care for the front end. Rest of the car is fine. I'll take plain or boring long before gaudy or ugly. The GTO and G8 looked great to me! The Holden VF seems much cleaner and neater. Just swap the on the Bowtie.

yes, exactly.. get rid of all the blacked out crap and just make it look like a damn car..

amg_rx7
amg_rx7 Dork
2/18/13 10:00 p.m.

They shouldn't have changed a thing. Just brought it over as is. Frickin marketeers and car designers wanted to put their chevy stink on it maybe?

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
AnkNGd4uu44MS3vScEAt4wYIIfDkPcN7MQbFPvKHaRHtozCnq9HEfOd2xc60mbWd