1 2 3
Hasbro
Hasbro SuperDork
1/14/15 1:01 p.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote: Yes I work for Ford so you can say I'm biased. But honestly when you see the GT in the flesh it's a work of art, it's just gorgeous. It's one of those car you can just soak up the details. It has also dodged the bullet of looking fussy which is something that the Japanese keep getting wrong. The NSX above isn’t a patch on the original design, it looks tall and overwrought. If you were to look at a silhouette of that raised front ¾ view and look at an Audi R8 from the same viewpoint I can see a lot of similarities in the outline, which is a good thing as I love the R8. The issue is that they’ve thrown so much fussy styling at it, it looks a bit of a mess.

I'm sure it's gorgeous in real life, it has such a nice flow. As for the F150, just gimmee back the Ranger.

The NSX, on the other hand, is bloated and busy. What a shame.

BlueInGreen44
BlueInGreen44 Reader
1/14/15 3:18 p.m.

This was the first thing I thought of when I saw the side profile and those air ducts.

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla HalfDork
1/14/15 4:29 p.m.

As pretty as the GT is I bet its a bitch to get in across that W I D E sill.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UltimaDork
1/15/15 7:26 a.m.
kevlarcorolla wrote: As pretty as the GT is I bet its a bitch to get in across that W I D E sill.

The door is full depth and quite wide. Not as much sill as you think.

Duke
Duke UltimaDork
1/15/15 7:52 a.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote: But honestly when you see the GT in the flesh it's a work of art, it's just gorgeous. It's one of those car you can just soak up the details. It has also dodged the bullet of looking fussy which is something that the Japanese keep getting wrong.

^^^^^^ THIS. The Japanese, and to lesser extent the Europeans, are over-designing the crap out of everything these days. Make it dynamic, make it simple, make it coherent. More is not more.

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla HalfDork
1/15/15 3:30 p.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote:
kevlarcorolla wrote: As pretty as the GT is I bet its a bitch to get in across that W I D E sill.

Wicked,I missed that pic somehow and assumed the lower sill stayed with the car not the door.I'm heading out now for this weeks lottery tickets.......

m4ff3w
m4ff3w GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/15/15 7:07 p.m.

Beautiful car.

BlueInGreen44
BlueInGreen44 Reader
1/15/15 7:48 p.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote:

Oh that is coool. And smart.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/15/15 7:58 p.m.
doc_speeder wrote: So, IMHO of course, a large part of the super car thing is the sound. I've driven an EB F150, and I've heard a few that are tuned with free exhaust. They just sound like crap. Great motor, but sounds like absolute E36 M3. Maybe once you start pushing that kind of power it will sound better.

Nothing can sound worse than a highly tuned turbodiesel, some kind of painful giant vacuum cleaner sound like the death throes of MegaMaid, and people willingly fork over great gobs of cash for those.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/15/15 8:11 p.m.
B. Choate wrote: A 6 just lacks the cachet of a 12. My comment was placing it in comparison to the Italian and German makes.

If by cachet you mean parakeet glands on a stick, I'd be willing to bet that the cachet has shifted to featured technology. Just rattle off buzzwords and exotic materials and stuff and you're good.

If you mean the sound... sound can be done right or screwed up. I experienced three German sixes today. S300 sounded... well it sounded like nothing, it was an S class, the car is to be seen and not heard. C280, forget chassis code but 3-liter V6. How did Mercedes manage to screw up this hard? It is at once harsh and toneless, an incredible feat.

Then an E39 BMW. Music. Pure mechanical music. BMW really knew how to make a six sound good.

Mitchell
Mitchell UltraDork
1/15/15 9:03 p.m.

The xj220 was just a lowly V6, but it certainly still turns heads.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3qypBCa4kfzDqj8i0FZwBIDiZmAg9f5XdhR6n1NjUP5ET4Y8QFZT3ztOvcv4AhaG