Armitage
Armitage HalfDork
7/29/15 8:49 a.m.

Don't care for most of them out there, but this one...

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/29/15 9:06 a.m.

Front looks like a cross between a C7 and an S3 Exige...the rear has a Tesla-ish look to it somehow.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/29/15 9:34 a.m.

Would be great if it wasn't already perfect. FDs cannot be improved upon because nothing can contain any more awesome.

NOHOME
NOHOME UberDork
7/29/15 9:40 a.m.

Kinda have to agree with Appleseed. Hard to improve on the last gen body-style. Shame about the engine.

The thing with body kits is that the results rely on execution as much as design. It will cost a E36 M3pile of $$$ to get results anywhere as nice as that rendering.

Armitage
Armitage HalfDork
7/29/15 9:57 a.m.

No doubt, with the updated headlights and tail lights, I'm sure the body kit alone will cost more than my whole car did, even before prep and paint.

Desmond
Desmond Reader
7/29/15 10:46 a.m.

An Elise made love to a Dodge Viper. I...think I dig it.

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke Dork
7/29/15 10:51 a.m.

Looks awesome! Would not do to my car tho.

kb58
kb58 Dork
7/29/15 12:40 p.m.
Appleseed wrote: Would be great if it wasn't already perfect. FDs cannot be improved upon because nothing can contain any more awesome.

Yeah... this. From a business point of view, I hardly ever see FDs any more in SoCal, where even when they were the hot item, were fairly rare. Doesn't seem like a promising business plan.

kanaric
kanaric Dork
7/29/15 1:17 p.m.
Appleseed wrote: Would be great if it wasn't already perfect. FDs cannot be improved upon because nothing can contain any more awesome.

I agree.

Would be great to see more kits for like the SA22 still available. Like IMSA looking stuff.

stan
stan GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/29/15 1:37 p.m.

This.

One of the best looking cars ever...

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe SuperDork
7/29/15 1:47 p.m.

Since every single thing on that site is a render I doubt that they have the skill to actually make the darn thing. Render is easy actually pulling that out of a 15 part mold due to the concave nature and size is a another kettle of fish.

kanaric
kanaric Dork
7/29/15 1:58 p.m.
wearymicrobe wrote: Since every single thing on that site is a render I doubt that they have the skill to actually make the darn thing. Render is easy actually pulling that out of a 15 part mold due to the concave nature and size is a another kettle of fish.

I used to work for a company where the owners would go to china with crude drawings and come back with things to import. They made lawn ornaments though, lol.

Trackmouse
Trackmouse Reader
7/29/15 3:45 p.m.

Looks like it needs to be mid engine. Why hasn't someone done that?

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/29/15 3:50 p.m.

They did. It was called the Saleen S7.

pres589
pres589 UberDork
7/29/15 4:01 p.m.

You mean Hennessey Venom?

The0retical
The0retical Dork
7/29/15 5:37 p.m.
kb58 wrote:
Yeah... this. From a business point of view, I hardly ever see FDs any more in SoCal, where even when they were the hot item, were fairly rare. Doesn't seem like a promising business plan.

It's funny how many companies still support the platform though, Motoiq had KW make a set of coil overs for the car just recently.

Going to buy one eventually. My plans just keep getting derailed by something catastrophic though.

kb58
kb58 Dork
7/29/15 5:53 p.m.
The0retical wrote:
kb58 wrote:
It's funny how many companies still support the platform though, Motoiq had KW make a set of coil overs for the car just recently. Going to buy one eventually. My plans just keep getting derailed by something catastrophic though.

I can understand seeing FD products that have been out for years, but newly-released parts? Not so much.

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo Dork
7/29/15 5:57 p.m.

perhaps there will be a revival with them coming up eligible for importation under the 25 year rule?

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/29/15 6:34 p.m.

Here’s a glimpse of their next project…

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/29/15 7:23 p.m.

Wrong.

kanaric
kanaric Dork
7/30/15 1:06 p.m.
DuctTape&Bondo wrote: perhaps there will be a revival with them coming up eligible for importation under the 25 year rule?

There hasn't been a revivial of Skyline GTS-T stuff yet. Lots of GTR stuff that never went away, most people stopped producing R32 GTS-T aftermarket stuff a while ago and has not come back yet. The only things that still are readily available for aftermarket are generic stuff or drivetrain stuff.

Bilstein, whiteline, and companies like that who used to make suspension bits for the 32gts-t haven't brought anything back yet. I want to upgrade the suspension on my car and i'm just waiting to see if it does but it looks like it's not happening and i'm going to have to get stuff from japan, convert to GTR or buy from companies like BC.

The0retical
The0retical Dork
7/30/15 5:13 p.m.
DuctTape&Bondo wrote: perhaps there will be a revival with them coming up eligible for importation under the 25 year rule?

I'm actually curious how that is going to work as they were imported into the US already. My impression was that the car would have to have be certified as "substantially similar" adding yet another layer of complexity to the importation.

kazoospec
kazoospec Dork
7/30/15 7:23 p.m.

As much as I actually like it, that's sort of like building a body kit for a 60's E-Type.

m4ff3w
m4ff3w GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/30/15 9:20 p.m.
The0retical wrote:
I'm actually curious how that is going to work as they were imported into the US already. My impression was that the car would have to have be certified as "substantially similar" adding yet another layer of complexity to the importation.

25 years = open game.

fidelity101
fidelity101 SuperDork
7/31/15 7:53 a.m.

I like it but I like the stock look better.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Ia9nZiKh4FAqSDijwM0fwLZer9XRf3heO8zYnmOYGl8tM0G6qqPzrBdsVQuaDOPz