bigwrench
bigwrench Reader
5/4/09 5:27 p.m.

One Lap of America will be at Sebring tomorrow morning early afternoon and then head to Gainesville tomorrow evening. Then it is off to Daytona on Wednesday.

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/5/09 5:53 a.m.

We are going to try to catch the drags in Gainesville.

It will be fun to point and laugh at all of the cars as they are unable to beat Wheels in any of his $200X creations!

Any predictions on what the fastest drag time of the night will be? Here is the entry list: 2009 1 lap entry list

redzcstandardhatch
redzcstandardhatch New Reader
5/5/09 7:24 a.m.

i hope gainsville hooks harder for one-lap that it did for the 2008$ challenge! we were doing first and second gear burnouts with 24.5x8'' slicks! on a weak-boobies honda!

nice facility though

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
5/5/09 7:53 a.m.

The level of track prep at Gainesville Raceway varies greatly depending on the event. Big dollar events often produce record setting times. Not sure what prep One Lap warrants.

SupraWes
SupraWes Dork
5/5/09 4:24 p.m.

Unless its fun ford, super chevy, or gatornationals the prep is pretty much crap I think.

bigwrench
bigwrench Reader
5/5/09 4:50 p.m.

GTR for my money.

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
5/5/09 4:56 p.m.

Damn. I still really really need to do that. Who wants to sponsor a car!?

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/5/09 5:05 p.m.
poopshovel wrote: Damn. I still really really need to do that. Who wants to sponsor a car!?

I'll kick in $100.00 for a really small sticker on the back quarter. Jensenman can make some more of that frogmore stew. You buy the beer. We'll snatch whats left of the engine out of the thunder rat and put it in your honda. That should take car of the drags. The rest of the time we can drink beer and eat...

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/5/09 8:22 p.m.

We just got home. I'll load a bunch of pictures, but the winner is...Subie WRX!

The format was bracket racing, which made for some interesting races. Fastest pass of the night went to one of the two GTR's at 10.94.

Still couldn't beat Andy's time!!!

bigwrench
bigwrench Reader
5/5/09 8:38 p.m.

See I told you the fastest time would be the GTR!!!!!!!!

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/5/09 9:28 p.m.

I'll catch them at BeaverRun.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
5/5/09 10:32 p.m.

Not too up on the whole concept of bracket racing that lot.

TR3only
TR3only Reader
5/6/09 11:01 p.m.

I was actually passed by 2 or 3 of the cars on monday afternoon. One of them, a nearly new Subaru passed me twice in about the space of an hour. (Stopped for gas?)

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
5/7/09 9:27 a.m.
Toyman01 wrote:
poopshovel wrote: Damn. I still really really need to do that. Who wants to sponsor a car!?
I'll kick in $100.00 for a really small sticker on the back quarter. Jensenman can make some more of that frogmore stew. You buy the beer. We'll snatch whats left of the engine out of the thunder rat and put it in your honda. That should take car of the drags. The rest of the time we can drink beer and eat...

Oh man. This is sounding like a good plan.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kEOIjJDhRfTvr3NOjyt43NFNjjHvVRRAeV9Anm3Y5VArzcyxfUPxMRtQaUAjwpgb