1 2 3 ... 6
emodspitfire
emodspitfire Reader
5/30/13 6:06 p.m.

Saw a Tesla 4-door this weekend in WY:

License plate is: "ZEROCO2"......

So.....do they believe that they only collect electrons from solar panels and wind turbines....(?)

I think it's time to short Tesla stock....

Rog

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy Dork
5/30/13 6:09 p.m.

not sure I'd be selling short.. Tesla stock... BUT... it certainly wouldn't hurt to short sheet the owner

ransom
ransom GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/30/13 6:14 p.m.

If he lived here, he'd be able to specify that his juice come from wind power for a pretty small additional fee.

I don't know whether WY has anything like that. Maybe he's just clueless. Something tells me you have no Tesla stock

emodspitfire
emodspitfire Reader
5/30/13 6:22 p.m.

No, I don't own any TSLA. But you don't need to own any to short it...

BTW: Does anyone know if they did all the Federal crash testing within the company, or did they buy a "platform" from another manufacturer?

Rog

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi Dork
5/30/13 6:28 p.m.

We had two truck loads come through today and I don't know why but I was surprised to see that there are trim levels. I just figured for that kind of money they were all loaded to the gills with everything.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/30/13 6:31 p.m.

Didn't somebody on here make a thread about shorting Tesla stock? I wonder how he's doing now...

As for the zero C02, most people are completely ignorant of how electricity is made. At least up here in Washington it's almost all hydroelectric with a lot of wind and a tiny fraction of other. You can also specify all-eco for your energy both here and in Oregon, so it's not necessarily not true.

CGLockRacer
CGLockRacer GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/30/13 6:45 p.m.

Well, don't forget about the trucks required to ship parts to the plant, build the wind generators, build the damns, get the raw materials for making steel, plastic, aluminum, etc. But yeah, the Car doesn't make co2...

accordionfolder
accordionfolder Reader
5/30/13 7:04 p.m.

I was following a Saturn Ion down the road with the plates: "892-EXY"

What a tool.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy SuperDork
5/30/13 7:08 p.m.

I detect dangerous levels of smug emission

But seriously, I would buy a model S in a heartbeat if I had the bread.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/30/13 7:42 p.m.

I am surprised how many of them I've seen so far.

FranktheTank
FranktheTank Reader
5/30/13 7:46 p.m.

There was a guy in a local town that was plugging his electric car in at his work. Nothing ever came of it and I imagine he still is but it's funny that what he's doing is just as bad as stealing gas, it's just not common enough yet for people to know to guard their GFR's like their fuel tanks.

All new cars of any type are a waste of materials. At least old iron has paid its carbon debt with usage.

Then again... I don't really care about the environment and have no intention of starting. If I do buy a Tesla it will be completely for the cool/fun factor

Pbw
Pbw New Reader
5/30/13 7:48 p.m.

I took a spin in one last week, 85kw model. After a few 0-80 mph blast I decided they are an awesome car. That fast of an acceleration with zero motor noise is just weird.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/30/13 7:48 p.m.

"Don't like coal? Turn off your lights."

Bumper sticker seen in West Virginia

44Dwarf
44Dwarf SuperDork
5/30/13 7:51 p.m.

"NO GAS" plate is the one here....guy drive like a dick.....right lane and slow but pass him and he speeds up....dick

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
5/30/13 8:12 p.m.

The Tesla is now a status symbol, much like a high end Mercedes or etc. I don't do limited use iffy utility status symbols so I guess I'll keep plugging along in my nasty stinky ol' SUV.

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
5/30/13 9:02 p.m.

I don't believe I've ever seen one. What type of range do they get?

The stock is a joke though. They turned a 'profit' because the other automakers who do not sell EV's have to pay Tesla. Without the extortion money provided by their government cronies, they lost about $11,000 per car sold.

CGLockRacer
CGLockRacer GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/30/13 9:03 p.m.
FranktheTank wrote: If I do buy a Tesla it will be completely to stuff a gas sucking V8 in it

FTFY

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/30/13 9:06 p.m.

do you electrons last 4 hours or more?

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UberDork
5/30/13 9:40 p.m.

Its funny this post came about, Tesla announced today that they will have enough Supercharger Stations that you will be able to cross the United States by 2014

Autoblog Article - http://green.autoblog.com/2013/05/30/tesla-supercharger-network-goes-nationwide-gets-faster-w-video/

Tesla's Interactive Map - http://www.teslamotors.com/supercharger

logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/30/13 9:45 p.m.

If I had a Tesla, my plate would read "Signs"

irish44j
irish44j UberDork
5/30/13 9:46 p.m.

no worse than here in Virginia, where we have license plates for hybrids that say "SPECIAL CLEAN FUEL" on them.

Tell me, Prius driver, what is this special "clean" fuel that you put into the fuel filler?

irish44j
irish44j UberDork
5/30/13 9:47 p.m.
logdog wrote: If I had a Tesla, my plate would read "Signs"

Funny, I saw one yesterday and the first thing that popped into my head was that song from "Five Man Acoustical Jam"

irish44j
irish44j UberDork
5/30/13 9:50 p.m.
FranktheTank wrote: There was a guy in a local town that was plugging his electric car in at his work. Nothing ever came of it and I imagine he still is but it's funny that what he's doing is just as bad as stealing gas, it's just not common enough yet for people to know to guard their GFR's like their fuel tanks. All new cars of any type are a waste of materials. At least old iron has paid its carbon debt with usage. Then again... I don't really care about the environment and have no intention of starting. If I do buy a Tesla it will be completely for the cool/fun factor

One of my co-workers got in trouble last year because it turns out he was plugging his Volt into an electrical outlet in the parking garage while he was in at work. And this is a federal/military building no less, where you can't even carry a cell phone or ipod in. As if nobody would notice a plugged-in car....

Pbw
Pbw New Reader
5/30/13 9:53 p.m.
T.J. wrote: I don't believe I've ever seen one. What type of range do they get? The stock is a joke though. They turned a 'profit' because the other automakers who do not sell EV's have to pay Tesla. Without the extortion money provided by their government cronies, they lost about $11,000 per car sold.

The 85kw models range is around 220-230 miles, these car are awesome I used to bash them until a trip in one. They have 0-60 mph in 4.5 seconds for the performance model the others are in the 5 second range I believe .

HappyAndy
HappyAndy SuperDork
5/30/13 10:01 p.m.
mad_machine wrote: do you electrons last 4 hours or more?

According to Tesla, up to 300 miles with the 85kwh option, so yes, that should be more than 4 hours. BTW, MSRP of $87,400 for the sport model, and $67,000 for a base model doesn't sound bad at all when compared to other luxury performance sedans.

I really don't get why some people hate them so much. True they don't solve all the human race's energy and transportation problems, but they are an important leap in auto technology, and although I have never driven one, I've not heard anyone who has say they suck. (I do know several people who have driven the Roadster, and that are likely customers for the S).

1 2 3 ... 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GbeGq4lsy9YCEH3UEAy6SFVMrCPVeyoBW027UqNg5Z3YnrkhyWa6hgIvayxKQix0