1 2
BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/28/12 9:50 a.m.

Dragging this out from behind the shed again...

It looks like there are a few issues with this group buy like communications issues with EGR, fitment issues, people not getting their bars (including myself) - have a look at clubroadster if you want the whole sorry saga.

I guess if that bar doesn't materialize in a month or so I'll give Bethania Garage a call.

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac MegaDork
8/28/12 9:56 a.m.

I was going to post all that to this thread last week, but forgot.

EGR really dropped the ball.

Wish you luck!

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/28/12 10:14 a.m.

Late to the party here -

Anyone considering this bar should confirm that it will really work on an NB - specifically, will that harness bar clear a glass window top?

Nothing wrong with having the bar bolt in to the rear bulkhead and just above the shocks as this one does. It's been pretty well proven in practice as well as theory in Miatas over the years.

dculberson
dculberson SuperDork
8/28/12 3:23 p.m.

I'm not motivated enough in sharing this info with EGR to sign up for Clubroadster but you should tell them to look into Pilot Air Freight for shipping. I have shipped similar things for great prices with them. It's possible they would cut them a good deal with them shipping so many at once, too.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/30/12 7:40 p.m.

Got "the" email yesterday, bar is ready for pickup. As I don't fancy driving down to Sacramento Labor Day weekend it'll have to wait another week but it appears it is done, custom color et al.

Jaynen
Jaynen Reader
8/31/12 12:08 a.m.

Hmm haven't got mine or heard anything yet. My guess is they were not expecting to be making almost forty rollbars

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rTHhRgnHJNbXdZYrh8F4EeYd8adeeabcN9cfoC7unnb4qETTeKKGbuBhSb7OVkf2