914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
4/16/13 7:08 a.m.

Nice boat.

irish44j wrote:  photo IMG_1269-1.jpg
93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
4/16/13 7:45 a.m.

You would figure being in Alabama I would see those things everywhere but to be honest I see a lot more rolling coal and the like in Kentucky when I go to my home town then here. Nit saying I don't see plenty of lifted trucks but most seem to be sporting reasonable lifts and nothing stupid.

Gasoline
Gasoline Dork
4/16/13 9:14 a.m.

Conquest351
Conquest351 SuperDork
4/16/13 9:19 a.m.

Not to stereotype...

But 90% of the Dodge owners in my town are EXACTLY like the OP. Loud, arrogant, annoying, have to be the center of attention. I don't get it...

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory Reader
4/16/13 9:31 a.m.
Conquest351 wrote: Not to stereotype... But 90% of the Dodge owners in my town are EXACTLY like the OP. Loud, arrogant, annoying, have to be the center of attention. I don't get it...

Something about mommy not showing them enough attention or something I'll bet. It'd be interesting to get them all of the "couch".

SilverFleet
SilverFleet Dork
4/16/13 11:04 a.m.

My town is filled with these stupid things with the stacks coming out of the bed. At first, it was the diesel trucks, but now, there are gas-motor trucks with the stupid stacks. My side street is pretty narrow with no sidewalks, and they come flying down it every day. Their stacks are sometimes so tall that they smack into the tree branches. One day someone walking their dog or a kid riding their bike is going to get hit by one of these idiots.

Rufledt
Rufledt Dork
4/16/13 11:17 a.m.

the silver bro-jeep at my apartment with it's huge gaudy wheels and armor-alled tires has a new add on. Ever seen a rubicon? it says 'rubicon' in small print on the sides of the hood. I think this is a wrangler (I don't know jeeps), but it now says "SILVERBACK" in super bold letters on both sides of the hood.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
4/16/13 11:18 a.m.
914Driver wrote: Nice boat.
irish44j wrote:  photo IMG_1269-1.jpg

I would rock that if:
- I towed boats of some size and weight around all the time
- Had the coin to buy one of those

Trucks doing truck related work are not relevant to this thread. This is really the same as the stance post with a different asshat demographic. It is really a poking fun at asshats thread.

Duke
Duke PowerDork
4/16/13 11:38 a.m.
Racer1ab wrote: As far as stupid automotive trends go, the lifted truck thing doesn't really bother me. But I hate, HATE, the derpy ROALLLIN COALLLL guys with a passion.

I passed by the local Hooters last weekend and it was like a convention of those things in the parking lot. While we were parking at another store nearby, they saddled up and moved out. Each and every one of those raisin-sacks did a burnout (or tried to) at the exit, and wailed the first hundred yards with black smoke pouring out of the 8" chrome pipes.

I don't think there is any more complete demonstration of repressed metrosexuality than a bro-lunch at Hooters followed by a stack-blowing contest. One guy wearing a kilt and driving the Hello Kitty Miata would have had more real confidence in his own manhood than this entire parking lot full of pencil-weenies.

yamaha
yamaha UltraDork
4/16/13 11:53 a.m.

In reply to Duke:

You might owe me a keyboard if this doesn't dry out.....

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UberDork
4/16/13 11:59 a.m.

Chicago Local 597 Pipe Fitters - Trade Show Truck.

Rufledt
Rufledt Dork
4/16/13 12:23 p.m.

Random question, what do you guys think of this?

obviously not my truck. It's big, obnoxious, bro-tastic, and all of that, but it's an advertizement vehicle for a company. It's kinda ridiculous using a truck to pimp clothing, but I guess they're one of those companies pretending to sell a 'lifestyle' instead of t-shirts. This stupid truck draws people eyes straight to the advertizement. mission accomplished? I assume that clothing company caters to bro's anyway? So, stupid truck, or effective targeted marketing? Both?

Duke
Duke PowerDork
4/16/13 12:47 p.m.

Both.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltraDork
4/16/13 12:51 p.m.
Trans_Maro wrote: Don't tailgate my stock-height truck with your NSX.

Honestly..... we could start with just that. If people would learn to berkeleying drive and NOT be Mr-I-have-to-be-first-because-I-rock the roads would be sooooooo much nicer.

yamaha
yamaha UltraDork
4/16/13 12:57 p.m.

In reply to Bobzilla:

Except when you feel entitled to that left lane while not passing someone.....I personally don't think you do this though.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/16/13 1:17 p.m.
Bobzilla wrote:
Trans_Maro wrote: Don't tailgate my stock-height truck with your NSX.
Honestly..... we could start with just that. If people would learn to berkeleying drive and NOT be Mr-I-have-to-be-first-because-I-rock the roads would be sooooooo much nicer.

guy I work with is a "I can't let anybody be in front of me" guy. He recently broke an arm, fractured his pelvis, bruised some ribs and is in an extended hospital stay due to it. He was out on his dual sport with some friends who are competition level riders.. not only was he above his head in trying to stay up with them on the trail.. but he did not want to be second.. so crashed into a tree stump and slammed into a tree midair while attempting a pass

kb58
kb58 HalfDork
4/16/13 2:00 p.m.

Went to a truck and tractor pull some years back. Before the big event they had "amateur hour", basically locals who brought out their bro-trucks to show that they're all that. Not one lasted more than several jumps, usually hitting/bottoming the front end and breaking the front axle/wheels. Good times.

The above is exactly like the guys in their uber-cool stanced and slammed cars who come out to the autox to show the old guys what's what. Really good times watching them get beat by dead-stock Miatas, and hearing, "yeah well once I add X to my car, we'll see." They never return.

Jamesc2123
Jamesc2123 Reader
4/16/13 3:34 p.m.
Appleseed
Appleseed UltimaDork
4/16/13 3:46 p.m.

In reply to Jamesc2123:

WOW! My stock 4Runner could've handled that. Monster truck that is not.

Jerry
Jerry Reader
4/16/13 3:51 p.m.

There used to be a cruise-in in Milford OH. It pretty much got taken over by trucks and hill billies. They did truck pulling contests and I swear walking down the 2 rows of trucks you'd swear you were in the sticks of 'Bama. I never saw so much cut-off flannel and cowboy boots.

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose Reader
4/16/13 4:30 p.m.
Rufledt wrote: So, stupid truck, or effective targeted marketing? Both?

Both.
Having a purpose other than vanity goes a long way towards making it OK though.

kreb
kreb GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/16/13 5:10 p.m.

I used to work at a sheet metal shop in Van Nuys, CA. Most of the guys were bible thumpers or tweakers (Thankfully I was neither). One fellow always had the cool toys - which included the brand new jacked up truck with narry a scratch. We always wondered how he could afford the truck on his $12/hr. Then one day it all became clear. Being a "tradesman" allowed him access to the jobsites where he'd sell his drugs. He got away with that for a couple years. Then he got into selling underage girls. That got him busted and almost killed by one of the girl's fathers. Real class act, that guy.....

Cone_Junky
Cone_Junky Dork
4/16/13 5:22 p.m.

Over compensating? Luckily it only happens to guys with big trucks and Ferraris, right?

Jaxmadine
Jaxmadine New Reader
4/16/13 5:31 p.m.

Nothing wrong with an ak or two!

codrus
codrus GRM+ Memberand Reader
4/16/13 5:44 p.m.
Rufledt wrote: So, stupid truck, or effective targeted marketing? Both?

No stupider than this.

Or this

1 2 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
nNmRAY9gH5VfZYYEBpMGGwgb300OTi3WNi2yArnmbLRjUnpUeZH5GANa1Quv8DWx