1 2 3
Junkyard_Dog
Junkyard_Dog SuperDork
2/24/15 9:24 p.m.

Garage. My dream car is constantly changing. My idea of the perfect shop has been the same for 20+ years.

amg_rx7
amg_rx7 SuperDork
2/24/15 10:26 p.m.

You can sleep in your car but you can't drive your house - or garage...

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
2/25/15 6:05 a.m.

TL;DR … but I'd take the garage … that is all

Jerry
Jerry SuperDork
2/25/15 8:31 a.m.

I'm going to affect the bell curve...dream car. I'm not very handy with the tools but I'd love to drive a new Lamborghini.

kanaric
kanaric Dork
2/25/15 11:04 a.m.

Garage. I want a lift bad. The cars I have now are fine.

Rufledt
Rufledt SuperDork
2/25/15 11:51 a.m.

Yeah I have to vote garage as well. If you have plenty of space and all of the tools, you can always get/build more cars. Even now I have space for 0 more cars. Any more and the cars would have to sit on my lawn! Not even, I don't have lawn space in the front yard for a car. Stupid flowers and shrubs...

kanaric
kanaric Dork
2/25/15 11:55 a.m.
Rufledt wrote: Yeah I have to vote garage as well. If you have plenty of space and all of the tools, you can always get/build more cars. Even now I have space for 0 more cars. Any more and the cars would have to sit on my lawn! Not even, I don't have lawn space in the front yard for a car. Stupid flowers and shrubs...

My dad widened our driveway to almost like parking lot size when I was a kid. We had a lot of vehicles

mazdeuce
mazdeuce PowerDork
2/25/15 12:01 p.m.
kanaric wrote:
Rufledt wrote: Yeah I have to vote garage as well. If you have plenty of space and all of the tools, you can always get/build more cars. Even now I have space for 0 more cars. Any more and the cars would have to sit on my lawn! Not even, I don't have lawn space in the front yard for a car. Stupid flowers and shrubs...
My dad widened our driveway to almost like parking lot size when I was a kid. We had a lot of vehicles

I want to do this. I only have to take out 5 trees in the back and I could have covered parking for four more and uncovered parking for another half dozen. It's tempting.
My dream garage will have parking with lines and curbs and everything. Parked cars will not get in the way of the driveway.

Rufledt
Rufledt SuperDork
2/25/15 12:06 p.m.
kanaric wrote:

Mine is already as wide as it can go, previous owners widened it. another car width and I'd be parking in a cable box. I could technically get another car in the driveway, but it would block everything else in.

My parents had the same problem, but they extended their garage back to fit another row. Again, anything back there got blocked in, but they were able to park quite a lot of cars in there. Unfortunately my house design wouldn't allow for such garage extensions. Assuming I could afford it (which I WAY can't) my garage would have to extend into my kitchen, or widened to nearly my neighbor's lot to fit another car. My lot is kinda trapezoidal, so the front is very narrow, but the back yard is really big. Cant fit a garage back there either without removing some very large trees.

Chris_V
Chris_V UltraDork
2/25/15 1:52 p.m.

Difficult choice for me. My dream cars are things like the '37 Talbot Lago T150C, '63 Ferrari 250 Lusso, and Ferrari F40. Can't really build those in a nice garage. With a nice garage, I'd probably be building just more of what I already have been building, which isn't really my dream. But, it would be nice to have more than just a 2 car garage and a bit of counter space, so... and realistically I COULD get a nicer, larger garage by selling my current house and moving somewher cheaper, but that wont' get me any nearer my dream cars, so I'd probably rather take the dream car and build a better garage later.

DLD
DLD New Reader
2/25/15 9:26 p.m.

Garage! I like playing with cheap old sports cars that I find for next to nothing. A nice place to play with them is more important than have a Lola T70 Coupe. (My dream car)

daeman
daeman Reader
2/25/15 11:02 p.m.

Garage, with the right tools etc you can work your way to a dream car, home or anything else.

JacktheRiffer
JacktheRiffer Reader
2/25/15 11:33 p.m.

Garage. Already have both of my reasonable dream cars. Just need the space to wrench on them.

TMo
TMo New Reader
2/26/15 1:39 a.m.

I have expensive taste, but I still think the garage is the best choice for me.

Especially since I'm unlikely to pick a single 'dream car' for more than a few days at any given point.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
2/26/15 11:18 a.m.

A lot of you guys are cheating.

"Garage, so I can build my dream car" is not picking one. It's trying to pick both.

DLD
DLD New Reader
2/26/15 2:25 p.m.
SVreX wrote: A lot of you guys are cheating. "Garage, so I can build my dream car" is not picking one. It's trying to pick both.

I don't know about that, many of us envision building the "car of our dreams", and without a nice garage it's difficult to do. Myself I will give up ever owning an original Lola T70 Coupe for a garage. Of course I might build a replica of one in my super cool garage!

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
MKWYj77WgHD5kiKSY7M2o4nWOBeeAtvVduDkNBCBGgQ8N47OmXuYMZ3tx87U1YHz