hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/21/23 11:06 p.m.

This car is probably less than a mile from me.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/223555330487213/

Please, someone, buy this and save me the agony. I'm a weak man. My wife knows this. We talked about it. She told me to post it to "the board" and let someone else enjoy the style, class, and fun that is the MX63 Toyota Cressida with a manual transmission. E36 M3, the AC WORKS! It's a 1982 Toyota, FFS! This car has been able to drink for 20 years. You know all the manual MX63 Cressida, Cressida(e), Cressida(s)?? all came with a LSD IRS? With a Suspension Techniques front and rear swaybar (straight out of JC Whitney!) they handled amazingly well. Add some 5-star 15" rims and a wider tire and this thing would hang with your classmate's 320i in the twisties. Your 2.8L i6 would walk away from him on the straights but you had to fight for it in the turns (with a stock suspension). Advantage Whitney.

I still have that '83, sad and neglected in the backyard.  Why did she get parked? Most likely a clutch. What does she need now? Everything. She's a factory manual, too. The goal was to drop a 1UZ-FE in her and back it up with the R154 I bought from Wreck Racing. Life happened and continues to happen. My wife and I are jumping into a major house remodel right NOW. I've got 7 flooring samples laid out, we're both shopping for appliances and trying to decide whether we get a 30" slide-in induction range or just get the 36" induction cooktop? We've been talking about redoing the kitchen for 15 years. We need this.

I don't need the '82 Cressida. But I want it.

AND it would look awesome parked between my '83 and my '84 (the only year of the MX63 to come with a 130mph speedo) that I bought for $100 sans drivetrain to use as a body parts donor for the '83. Why is adulting SO HARD.

Please, someone go by this car. Tonight.

racerfink
racerfink UberDork
6/21/23 11:19 p.m.

Have you looked at this car yet? Like what color is the car now?  I've been looking for something interesting, but don't know much about these.  I've got a friend of mine up there in Clearwater that works for Dimmitt.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/21/23 11:29 p.m.

I would bosozuku the E36 M3 out of that.

Tom1200
Tom1200 UberDork
6/21/23 11:37 p.m.

I love Cressidas and always wanted to turn one into a track car.

Oooh...interesting! Relevant to my interests! 3,100 miles from me...sad Wish I could be more help, but not gonna happen for me, sorry. Best of luck with someone else buying, though. Could be awesome for someone more local! laugh

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/22/23 12:57 a.m.

My wife had one of these when we met back in the 90s. I constantly wish she'd kept it.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
6/22/23 9:39 a.m.

Yeah, someone should save this. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bZ2NNTdIzcdIVlQV1K7jc87mkI26ZF5Dtj4ShfDyHpcfnMptDQUMT3rS8hrabVwi