1 2 3
oldsaw
oldsaw HalfDork
12/4/09 12:36 p.m.

Possible repost, but SpeedTV will show 2009 BTCC and DTM racing on weekends, starting tomorrow (12/05/09).

Additionally, a multi-year contract has been signed for SpeedTV to televise the Aussie V8 Supercar series. No live broadcasts as the races will air one week after the actual event.

If you're a racing fan, spread the word and watch or record the events; make those rating numbers spike. Let's show SpeedTV how many fans have been alienated by way too many crap reality shows.

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/btcc-international-competition-coming-to-speed-this-winter/

http://www.speedcafe.com.au/2009/11/25/v8s-massive-new-north-american-tv-deal/

NYG95GA
NYG95GA SuperDork
12/4/09 12:38 p.m.

Between NASCAR seasons, we're bound to get something...

audifan
audifan New Reader
12/4/09 12:40 p.m.

I will chalk it up to the viewership they lost once we all found out that HD theater has some real racing on again. I am holding on to my skepticism till I actually see a touring car on the screen and it is tuned to speed tv

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer Dork
12/4/09 12:41 p.m.

wow, finding racing on Speed is the equivalent of finding Bigfoot...

Nashco
Nashco SuperDork
12/4/09 12:43 p.m.

I wish we could get Speed without getting the mega-super-duper package here with Comcast. HD Theater is in our standard package, while Speed requires the most expensive package. I wish I could buy Speed for $5/month like they do with HBO, Showtime, etc., it would be worth it with the DVR recording the occassional REAL race like these!

Bryce

dmidknight
dmidknight New Reader
12/4/09 2:01 p.m.

YEAH!!!!

amg_rx7
amg_rx7 Reader
12/4/09 2:24 p.m.

I scheduled that for a recording last night. Hopefully its actual racing vs highlights from the year.

oldsaw
oldsaw HalfDork
12/4/09 2:49 p.m.
amg_rx7 wrote: I scheduled that for a recording last night. Hopefully its actual racing vs highlights from the year.

Doubtful we'll see entire races; expect some editing. Keep in mind, it's not like every race run was chock-full of flag-to-flag excitement.

StevenFV19
StevenFV19 New Reader
12/4/09 5:13 p.m.

what's HD theater? and can you get it for Dish Network? I wouldn't mind seeing some REAL racing. 14 hours of Crashcar, 8 hours of Barret Jackson, and 2hours of paid advertisement gets old!

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
12/4/09 5:36 p.m.

cool, thanks for the heads up!

wbjones
wbjones Reader
12/4/09 6:23 p.m.
Nashco wrote: I wish we could get Speed without getting the mega-super-duper package here with Comcast. HD Theater is in our standard package, while Speed requires the most expensive package. I wish I could buy Speed for $5/month like they do with HBO, Showtime, etc., it would be worth it with the DVR recording the occassional REAL race like these! Bryce

here we have Charter, and while we get NASCARSpeed with the extended package, we don't even get the chance to wish for HD Theater....

ckosacranoid
ckosacranoid HalfDork
12/4/09 7:19 p.m.

what channel is hd therter on dish network.....speed does suck though...sigh

griffin729
griffin729 Reader
12/4/09 7:33 p.m.

In reply to Nashco:

Here it's the opposite I've got Speed on my Comcast basic package, but HD Theater is on the super package thing. I may get to watch some racing this weekend this is good. It would also be fun if there were Thunderhill coverage.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/5/09 1:57 a.m.

if only the cable systems offered "ala carte" programming. With digetal the way it is.. it would not be hard to do.. just not as profitable

JeepinMatt
JeepinMatt Reader
12/5/09 2:17 a.m.

I like Pinks All Out and I like seeing the cars and hearing what Mike Joy and Co. have to say at Barrett Jackson. Other than that though, the other shows get tiring. HD Theater has a lot of great car shows

gjz30075
gjz30075 New Reader
12/5/09 6:25 a.m.

In reply to StevenFV19:

I understand HD Theatre (one of the Discovery channel family) can be on Dish NW in some parts of the country. Here in the Atl area, I've asked about it to Dish but its 'unobtanium' right now. I hear some folks in Florida get it on Dish NW on channel 364.

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/5/09 9:23 a.m.
gjz30075 wrote: I hear some folks in Florida get it on Dish NW on channel 364.

It's the same nationwide, I think. It's also 364 for me in Michigan. You only get it with certain HD packages, I think. But I love it. "Wheeler Dealers" is the ultimate GRM show.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer Dork
12/5/09 9:56 a.m.

11 this morning on Speed - On The Edge - Truck Auto Cross

12pm on Speed - DTM from Hockenheim

1pm on Speed - BTCC from Brands Hatch

StevenFV19
StevenFV19 New Reader
12/5/09 10:03 a.m.

Thanks guys Im lookin for it right now-looks like i need a subscription, and why Truck AutoCross?

kpm
kpm New Reader
12/5/09 10:03 a.m.

I still can't find any firm dates for V-8 Supercars. I checked the Speed schedule through January,and found nothing.

If it's true 3 year deal, Speed is doing a great job of keeping it a secret.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer Dork
12/5/09 10:20 a.m.

i have to admit, these ice quads are pretty fun to watch...

oldsaw
oldsaw HalfDork
12/5/09 10:27 a.m.
kpm wrote: I still can't find any firm dates for V-8 Supercars. I checked the Speed schedule through January,and found nothing. If it's true 3 year deal, Speed is doing a great job of keeping it a secret.

I believe the contract is for the 2010 season and beyond, thus making your search a bit premature.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
12/5/09 10:55 a.m.

Thanks for the heads up and lookin forward to seeing some Supercar action again, if you ever get to one tin top race outside the US get to Bathurst.

socalwrench
socalwrench New Reader
12/5/09 11:18 a.m.

German touring car racing is on right now! Nice!

fastmiata
fastmiata Reader
12/5/09 12:14 p.m.

Read the post and switched on BTCC. Much better than football!

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sqcrxGTNz5WE1d2XYkyDMbIpkCUCiQJceadcJ0002V7JeDYi5CSoaEFRD6Re7MHt