1 2 3
JFX001
JFX001 Dork
12/5/09 12:22 p.m.

I never realized how much I missed nasally British high decibel commentating.

wbjones
wbjones Reader
12/6/09 9:19 a.m.

TDI Cup racing on Speed at 5pm today

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 Dork
12/6/09 10:15 a.m.

Touring cars are replaying at obscure hours of Tuesday morning...like 3am and 4am. Got the DVR to record both those races along with next saturdays as well. Anyone have any word on when the V8 supercars will actually be aired? If they raced this weekend that means next weekend it should be aired correct?

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
12/6/09 10:23 a.m.

I don't know if we even get supercars coverage...

As for the BTCC and DTM, I thoroughly enjoyed watching them last night. I have already set up my DVR to record the season.

StevenFV19
StevenFV19 New Reader
12/6/09 10:26 a.m.

The BTCC was possibly the closest, funnest racing I've ever watched. Jason Plato's save down paddock hill bend was awesome too. the DTM is exciting too with ex F1 guys in it.

carguy123
carguy123 Dork
12/6/09 10:28 a.m.

You are talking about his save and not the kamikaze move he made in the earlier race to punt the guy off the track so he could get the win right.

Contact seems to be required in these races.

oldsaw
oldsaw HalfDork
12/6/09 11:15 a.m.

Hey, guys....

The V8 Supercar broadcast contract was signed for the 2010-2012 seasons; nothing to see until next year.

It's possible (though unlikely) SpeedTV will show some teasers. Maybe it's their way of promoting more traffic on the website.

carguy123
carguy123 Dork
12/6/09 11:19 a.m.

I never even look at Speed any more. I don't even think of them as having racing. I set my DVR to get F1, ALMS and Daytona prototype stuff a couple of years ago so I never actually go to Speed myself for anything. I don't even think of the races I do get as coming from Speed.

This thread got me to looking and I found that one race about 15 minutes into it.

oldsaw
oldsaw HalfDork
12/6/09 11:21 a.m.
carguy123 wrote: You are talking about his save and not the kamikaze move he made in the earlier race to punt the guy off the track so he could get the win right. Contact seems to be required in these races.

Plato (and most of the grid, too) have no shame in using the chrome horn, so many pass attempts end-up with kamikaze results. That said, Plato really made an awesome save.

If anyone is interested, go to YouTube and seach for BTCC (insert year of choice) and you'll find a treasure trove of clips that highlight virtually all the races.

Expect carnage.

zipty842
zipty842 New Reader
12/6/09 11:23 a.m.
JFX001 wrote: I never realized how much I missed nasally British high decibel commentating.

In my book, auto racing requires British commentating. It just isn't the same with a southern guy doing a sports car race.

oldsaw
oldsaw HalfDork
12/6/09 12:08 p.m.
StevenFV19 wrote: The BTCC was possibly the closest, funnest racing I've ever watched. Jason Plato's save down paddock hill bend was awesome too. the DTM is exciting too with ex F1 guys in it.

Speaking of Jason Plato, check out this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx_KQJBvdms

Now that's is a Chevrolet I'd REALLY like to own!

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 Dork
12/6/09 2:37 p.m.
article said: SPEED’s coverage of V8 Supercar will kick off with next weekend’s Sydney Telstra 500.
oldsaw
oldsaw HalfDork
12/6/09 5:43 p.m.
DirtyBird222 wrote:
article said: SPEED’s coverage of V8 Supercar will kick off with next weekend’s Sydney Telstra 500.

Ahhh, so it does!

SpeedTV's broadcast schedule has the race set for Sunday, 12/13/09 at 1:00PM.

The next broadcasts for DTM and BTCC are set for Saturday, 12/12/09 starting at 12:00PM.

rob_lewis
rob_lewis Dork
12/6/09 9:38 p.m.
oldsaw wrote:
StevenFV19 wrote: The BTCC was possibly the closest, funnest racing I've ever watched. Jason Plato's save down paddock hill bend was awesome too. the DTM is exciting too with ex F1 guys in it.
Speaking of Jason Plato, check out this clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx_KQJBvdms Now that's is a Chevrolet I'd REALLY like to own!

I love how in that clip it's Ford vs. Chevy, yet your "average" SpeedTV viewer would simply call them "'dem little furren' cars"

-Rob

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer Dork
12/7/09 8:04 a.m.

Anyone know what they are going to show on Christmas? I remember it use to be the runoffs all day....

oldsaw
oldsaw HalfDork
12/7/09 8:50 a.m.
DukeOfUndersteer wrote: Anyone know what they are going to show on Christmas? I remember it use to be the runoffs all day....

Hope you get some great gifts to occupy your time because you're going to be VERY disappointed with SpeedTV's schedule; Monster Jam and Drag Race High - all damn day.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer Dork
12/7/09 10:25 a.m.
oldsaw wrote:
DukeOfUndersteer wrote: Anyone know what they are going to show on Christmas? I remember it use to be the runoffs all day....
Hope you get some great gifts to occupy your time because you're going to be VERY disappointed with SpeedTV's schedule; Monster Jam and Drag Race High - all damn day.

Are you serious? Ok, looks like ill be watching "A Christmas Story" over and over instead...

carguy123
carguy123 Dork
12/7/09 10:39 a.m.

I think I'd rather poke myself in the eye with a sharp stick and spend all day in the emergency room than do either.

amg_rx7
amg_rx7 Reader
12/7/09 10:42 a.m.
zipty842 wrote:
JFX001 wrote: I never realized how much I missed nasally British high decibel commentating.
In my book, auto racing requires British commentating. It just isn't the same with a southern guy doing a sports car race.

LOL

+1 million

oldsaw
oldsaw HalfDork
12/7/09 11:15 a.m.
DukeOfUndersteer wrote:
oldsaw wrote:
Are you serious? Ok, looks like ill be watching "A Christmas Story" over and over instead...

For a change of pace, find a copy of Mike Myers' "The Cat in the Hat".

It's not traditional Christmas fare, but it is fun and definitely NOT a kid-flick either.

monark192
monark192 New Reader
12/7/09 11:20 a.m.

"In my book, auto racing requires British commentating. It just isn't the same with a southern guy doing a sports car race. "

John Hindhaugh on Radio Le Mans is awesome.

Murray Walker - Legend.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer Dork
12/7/09 11:21 a.m.
carguy123 wrote: I think I'd rather poke myself in the eye with a sharp stick and spend all day in the emergency room than do either.

or you can shoot it out with a BB rifle like Ralphie...

mapper
mapper New Reader
12/7/09 11:22 a.m.

The Runoffs are all available at http://www.speedcasttv.com/. This is the place the SCCA contracted with to produce the shows, I believe. I have watched a few of the races and it is not half bad.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
12/7/09 11:52 a.m.

You gotta love DVR, save a few for Xmas day.....beats paying attention to the drunks anyway

kpm
kpm New Reader
12/7/09 1:13 p.m.

Now, we have to let Speed know we are watching. That's the only way we can keep getting the racing shows that the GRM nation wants to see. !!

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
megIZAVPZNc7iUKDKATJ4UkRPH3zKeJinZzj2ZGMdmpFUxbPvBJ0rzMwuw02RTZk