1 2
Cooter
Cooter Dork
8/16/18 7:53 a.m.

Allow me to offer a (better) option that hasn't been offered- <<<Clicky da Linky, since we can't embed right now.

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled Reader
8/16/18 10:17 a.m.

In reply to Cooter :

And here I thought I had my mind made up.  Luckily that can be done after mounting.  I'll have to do some photoshops to see what it'd look like with wide white walls and dog dish hub caps.

93gsxturbo
93gsxturbo SuperDork
8/16/18 10:19 a.m.

LACES OUT, DAN!

But in all seriousness, Gotta go letters out, but only on name brand tires.  Anything but BFGs and Goodyears need to be hidden in shame.  And really, the only ones worth doing laces out are the BFG All Terrains and Mud Terrains with the filled letters, outlines are weak sauce.  

The worst was the red raised letters on the General Grabbers or whatever they were.  Nothing says "I am a stupid broke hillbilly" like raised red letters on an off-brand tire.  

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
8/16/18 10:31 a.m.

RWL

...but I agree Wide White Walls have a look worth investigating.

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/16/18 10:39 a.m.

I vote RWL. Almost always.

Also, if you don't vote for RWL, you need to review this thread more thoroughly.

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/tech-tips/put-rwl-on-everything/107272/page1/

Unfortunately the photos might be gone so that stinks.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
8/16/18 11:34 a.m.

I recently put better ATs on my Grand Cherokee and was faced with the same choice. I put the black walls out.

It was in every way the wrong choice.

Cooter
Cooter Dork
8/16/18 3:09 p.m.

In reply to Dead_Sled :

Even without the poverty caps, you can do a medium wide WW, and then increase the width later. 

racerdave600
racerdave600 UltraDork
8/16/18 3:52 p.m.

Normally I'd go black wall, but for your application, RWL all day.  Totally cool.

Dirtydog
Dirtydog GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/16/18 6:09 p.m.

RWL.  Although this looks kind of hot.

Image result for hearse rally cross

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled Reader
8/16/18 7:25 p.m.

In reply to Dirtydog :

Eh, if I wanted a suburban (and I do want a suburban, preferably a rust free square body) I'd buy a suburban (anyone selling a rust free square body?).  Part of the beauty of the hearse is the hd suspension and brakes, but it still rides like a Fleetwood and handles more like a car.  If you want a truck a suburban is bigger inside and makes a better offroad/tow vehicle.  

Now a pre-runner hearse with a few inches of lift...

Matthew Kennedy
Matthew Kennedy GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/16/18 8:03 p.m.

In reply to Dirtydog :

Only kind of hot?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZfFHhxuK6hyTv34qBkGd8NSg1NMWgEshJK1O3qvFYEdHgKyWwsFBNRvdgToPfk2W