JohnyHachi6
JohnyHachi6 Dork
2/17/15 12:37 a.m.

My interweb skills have failed me. Can anyone help me figure out what the OEM injector size (flow rate) is for a 1992 Lexus SC300. 2JZ-GE motor. Injectors are top-feed, brown top, high-impedance (I think). The Lexus forums are very confused about this and I don't trust anything on there. I believe Toyota may have changed the injector sizing during the production run too (at least once, maybe in '94).

The big tables of injectors by manufacturer that I have bookmarked links to didn't have info on these that I could find.

Any help is much appreciated.

impulsive
impulsive Reader
2/17/15 6:25 a.m.
JohnyHachi6
JohnyHachi6 Dork
2/17/15 7:15 a.m.

I kept seeing these come up in my search too. This certainly looks like what I have on my engine. Problem is, my injectors all flow tested at 240 cc/min.

There were one or two places on the lexus forums where someone "thought" the early SC300s had injectors in the 250 cc/min range. I can't find any more info on these though and would really like to know the actual specs.

codrus
codrus GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/17/15 11:23 a.m.

240 cc/min sounds about right for a 6-cylinder making 225 hp, so I'd believe it. The RC calculator comes out right around that value with default inputs for BSFC/etc.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
F5ATM7RNYjbj1RRyAeAqJA6h6p9RgFbg1of2FJhxHIm1o7aOywdAeiDiUWZsjez2