1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
carguy123
carguy123 SuperDork
3/5/12 10:38 p.m.

Watching that 1970 video of the race reminded me that the one thing that really bugged me about Sebring is that there is no race commentary or results for the infield where most of the people are.

How hard would it be to run a few speakers? The only place you can hear anything is right near the start/finish line.

Cuda
Cuda New Reader
3/6/12 1:54 a.m.

In reply to carguy123:

Do they not have an FM broadcast? They do at Daytona which was nice.

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
3/6/12 5:22 a.m.
Cuda wrote: In reply to carguy123: Do they not have an FM broadcast? They do at Daytona which was nice.

It was nice, except for the fact that MRN doesn't know jack about Grand Am.

carguy123
carguy123 SuperDork
3/6/12 7:52 a.m.
Cuda wrote: In reply to carguy123: Do they not have an FM broadcast? They do at Daytona which was nice.

They had an AM broadcast, at least I think it was AM, but for walking around and viewing the track it wasn't convenient to carry a radio and have headsets. I don't believe I heard even one campsite in the infield with the radio on.

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette Dork
3/7/12 6:03 p.m.
aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
3/7/12 6:31 p.m.

the link is blocked

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette Dork
3/9/12 9:04 a.m.

Cars arrive as freight to Sebring

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette Dork
3/9/12 9:08 a.m.

Photos credited to Lehman Keen

miataman86
miataman86 New Reader
3/9/12 6:36 p.m.

Man, I cannot wait for to get there! So excited for the 12 hours as it will be my first time. I'm sure it will be nothing short of a absolute treat!

carguy123
carguy123 SuperDork
3/9/12 10:32 p.m.

Never seen the cars as they arrive. That's cool.

Cuda
Cuda New Reader
3/9/12 10:48 p.m.
carguy123 wrote:
They had an AM broadcast, at least I think it was AM, but for walking around and viewing the track it wasn't convenient to carry a radio and have headsets. I don't believe I heard even one campsite in the infield with the radio on.

It was FM. I only know that because I was tuning in on my Ipod nano which only gets FM.

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette Dork
3/10/12 3:29 p.m.

Found this pik link of Load in day

Hit ferrari car camera icon for piks

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
3/10/12 6:34 p.m.

I have your Stag pig set aside Karl.

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette Dork
3/11/12 8:17 a.m.

Great deal ! leaving this morning damn this time change will take piks doing a LMP car at noon today . Got all fired up reading JG s Viper race article this morn in the reading room . Gonna be fun I am staying at the enterprise hotel rental van .

GUNDY
GUNDY Reader
3/11/12 8:22 p.m.

I have been there all but 2 years since 1965. A lot of changes in the crowd and the track. We started by camping, first sleeping in the cars, then tents, for the last 10 years as we have gotten older we have rented campers. we will be there again this year.

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/12/12 8:29 a.m.
carguy123 wrote: Never seen the cars as they arrive. That's cool.

Agreed. That is awesome seeing the scattered around the paddock like that. Interesting to note that most of them have virtually no livery on yet. Why not go through the hassle of that process while the cars are still at the shop?

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer SuperDork
3/12/12 8:36 a.m.

time is coming...

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/12/12 8:47 a.m.

Chances are now improving that I'll be there, most likely with my dad and possibly even my wife and kids! If we make it, we'll be parked right at the apex of turn 16 in my wife's Sequoia. I'd love to meet some other GRMers while there!

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/12/12 11:08 a.m.
dyintorace wrote:
Agreed. That is awesome seeing the scattered around the paddock like that. Interesting to note that most of them have virtually no livery on yet. Why not go through the hassle of that process while the cars are still at the shop?

I'll bet they're waiting until they get the event stickers first. It sucks having to splatter your nice graphic layout with a bunch of random stickers that are given to you at registration.

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/12/12 7:53 p.m.
Keith wrote:
dyintorace wrote:
I'll bet they're waiting until they get the event stickers first. It sucks having to splatter your nice graphic layout with a bunch of random stickers that are given to you at registration.

Interesting. Never knew that about top-flight racing!

Slyp_Dawg
Slyp_Dawg GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/12/12 9:20 p.m.

I'd be interested to see if that funny Delta-Wing thing is going to be there, and if so, how it does in competition... also, is that a JPS-Lotus liveried Peugeot I spy? headlights don't look quite right to be an Audi, but the rest of the car does...

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette Dork
3/12/12 10:00 p.m.

awesome day at the track did 5 porsche with tearoffs for Wright Motosports and did some paint protect fot european racing mini lmp cars . Tearoffs for Dominic Farnbacher driver of the Luxury Ferrari . Was awesome while I did the work last night around 8 30 he was in the car checking all the buttons and switches belted himself in and just was getting to know the office he will occupy .Piks here

Working on a cowling vinyl for the JRM hONDA they are still hard at it at this hour

Jamesc2123
Jamesc2123 Reader
3/12/12 11:07 p.m.

In reply to Slyp_Dawg:

You probably saw the Lotus Racing LMP2, a Lotus-entered Lola chassis with a Judd V8. Rebellion Racing in LMP1 also is running a very JPSesque livery as well, but more silver and black than gold/black.

Maroon92
Maroon92 MegaDork
3/13/12 5:59 a.m.
Slyp_Dawg wrote: I'd be interested to see if that funny Delta-Wing thing is going to be there, and if so, how it does in competition... also, is that a JPS-Lotus liveried Peugeot I spy? headlights don't look quite right to be an Audi, but the rest of the car does...

DWing isn't going to be competing. They are scheduled for an entry at Le Mans.

The Lotus is a Lola Judd. Peugeot is "retired" from endurance racing...maybe "taking a sabbatical" is a better term.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg PowerDork
3/13/12 10:20 a.m.

Closer and closer, I am getting excited. This is going to be fun.

1 2 3 4 5 ... 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BMHlxbpt60YtSsrx9KJoxDcvK9RUI8OFIM6oQlIpEvkFG4dxaOEH0dJyF24LfA8G