1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 20
NickD
NickD UltimaDork
4/13/20 10:16 a.m.

Not just photos, I have videos of my car getting flogged by people who aren't me.

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/13/20 11:31 a.m.

How about a GIF of motorsportsing

Indy-Guy (Forum Jock Strap)
Indy-Guy (Forum Jock Strap) PowerDork
4/13/20 11:35 a.m.

wspohn
wspohn Dork
4/13/20 11:37 a.m.

Most of my pics are still unscanned from film, but here are a few.

T shirt I made up for running at Laguna.

Out of shape trying to pass a Ferrari in the corners (I had better lap times but he'd motor off from me on the straights)

TVR (before I increased front roll stiffness)

LanEvo
LanEvo GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/13/20 5:23 p.m.
wspohn said:

I don't mean to hijack the thread...but what do you think about those Brooklands screens?

I've got a TR4 project that I'd like to turn into a true roadster: no windows or top; just a tonneau cover. Am I crazy to consider a Speedster-style wraparound aeroscreen (or Brooklands screens)? This would be a weekend fun car.

P.S. Yes, I know this is a dumb idea. 

In reply to nocones :

Danny Shields (Forum Supporter)
Danny Shields (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/14/20 6:13 a.m.

In reply to LanEvo :

I once drove a street Sprite without a windshield, and it was not pleasant. OK if you are racing in a full-face helmet or goggles, but not so much on the highway.

therealpinto
therealpinto GRM+ Memberand Reader
4/14/20 7:23 a.m.

At Gelleråsen track back in 1998, probably my first outing on a race track!

20 years later, same car but now drifting in Lycksele...

The first Primera long distance racer...

...and the second one!

Gustaf

BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/14/20 7:54 a.m.

You'll note the camera quality improves over time

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla Dork
4/14/20 8:49 a.m.

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla Dork
4/14/20 8:51 a.m.

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla Dork
4/14/20 8:52 a.m.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 Dork
4/14/20 12:19 p.m.

I posted my Healey, Turner and Fiat earlier. Need to add an Imp Too.  And the other end of the performance spectrum, a win in the rain at Lime Rock in Clive Bull's car.

Tom1200
Tom1200 Dork
4/14/20 1:02 p.m.

As you are looking across the track I'm assuming this is on corner entry.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/14/20 2:25 p.m.

Hillman Imp suspension travel makes me nervous.

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla Dork
4/14/20 5:09 p.m.

wspohn
wspohn Dork
4/14/20 5:50 p.m.
LanEvo said:
wspohn said:

I don't mean to hijack the thread...but what do you think about those Brooklands screens?

I've got a TR4 project that I'd like to turn into a true roadster: no windows or top; just a tonneau cover. Am I crazy to consider a Speedster-style wraparound aeroscreen (or Brooklands screens)? This would be a weekend fun car.

P.S. Yes, I know this is a dumb idea. 

Brooklands look goofy on a classic car with a curved panel where the windscreen fits like an MGA, but look quite at home on a flat panel car like the TR. I drove that TR2 that way in all weather for several years. If you hunker down the rain goes over your head at any speed.

The newer the car the less comfortable the look of Brooklands. I'd say TR6 - forget it. TR4 - might get by but a racing style full width low rise screen would look much better.

Note in my picture that the screes are laid flat to reduce air resistance.......that car was very willing - would pull 5500 rpm in top gear or 110 mph, on the stock 90 bhp which was more than enough given the brakes that became pretty much useless after about two laps!

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 Dork
4/14/20 5:52 p.m.

In reply to Tom1200 :

Looking at the starter's stand. Last lap. I won my class, started 28thO.A. Finished 14th O.A. and did not pass a single running car! They either wet their ignition or spun into the swamps. Only one 2 lap full course yellow too.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 Dork
4/14/20 5:56 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

On a later Imp I took a pair of Volvo 122 rear axle down stops and a 300 lb friend sat into the frunk when I fitted them. Gave about 1 degree negative and no droop travel. Worked lots better and looked spectacular on 3.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 Dork
4/14/20 6:12 p.m.

I lerned a long time ago that if you want to race wheel to wheel it is far better to do it in someone else's car. My first Spec Racer and the CSR HPV Engineeering Special (a Shannon-Olds) both belonged to Clive Bull. He raced/crashed them occasionally and let me run them whenever he wasn't. In 1993 I did 17 races in 28 weeks with the Spec Racer with only this one crash at New Hampshire. The HPV Engineering Special was far more car than I am athletesurprise

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/14/20 6:45 p.m.

paranoid_android (Forum Supporter)
paranoid_android (Forum Supporter) UberDork
4/14/20 7:16 p.m.

Two from my first evar Rallycross last season in the Detroit Region SCCA.  Photos taken by Pat Burke.

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/15/20 7:16 a.m.

In reply to paranoid_android (Forum Supporter) :

Man, I really miss my classic 900.

Wizard_Of_Maz
Wizard_Of_Maz Reader
4/15/20 9:42 a.m.

From AER's 2019 weekend at Summit Point. My appreciation for E36s only builds with each race weekend, I fear :) 

Tom1200
Tom1200 Dork
4/15/20 10:13 a.m.

@turner X19 a friend once asked if he could drive the DSR and I told him "you'll kill yourself in that car" He drove an ITA RX3 like a lunatic but it was just slow enough he managed not to hit things. My lap times were ony about 1 to 1.5 seconds slower than the GT-1 national champ in an ex-Roush Trans-Am Mustang. The yellow sports racer in the picture I posted on page 5 is a Shannon CSR, people don't realize how fast CSD/DSR cars are/were (They are P1 & P2 now and even faster)

Same road course fuzzy pic of my F500, while not slow, it's not nearly as fast as the DSR......that car was a weapon.

1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 20

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
lBjHxs5Y9Kx4MNTk49fRzTeNCEdmn7XS1WYWfAahihAo7KkmAD7brrk6fUfH6q4T